• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
I would fuck Kreayshawn, not even gonna lie,

Satchwar you need to post in here more!

i will *.*

i tried to wait for you guys to make it to OT5, but i decided to jump in early since yall post slower than Madonna's ANCIENT metabolism

iWWlZXB4SvES1.gif

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Seven minutes until....

AyDXUvvCEAAK_uS.jpg:large

Anyone else excited as fuck?

Where they do that at? Not listened to a golfwang release since... Goblin or that Hodgy beats one, whichever was more recent out of those two but I will give this one a spin to see whats going on with that Alchemist production.

Recon

Banned
I'm not excited for it.

No Idols sucks.

I would never have guessed...lol

Hey, Gaf-Hop, I finally learned enough of MASCHINE to put a very lil' something together. Tell me what you think?

http://soundcloud.com/sigstasto/blue-ivy-sketch

Sampled: The Prize Fighter Inferno - The Fight of Moses Early and Sir Arthur McCloud

Still don't like the way MASCHINE records in scenes, but I'm beginning to get the hang of it.

You will learn to love scenes, as I have. Maschine is probably the most intuitive program I have used. I like the beat though.

Something I made last night/this morning when I couldnt sleep.

Tokubetsu

Hey, Gaf-Hop, I finally learned enough of MASCHINE to put a very lil' something together. Tell me what you think?

Sampled: The Prize Fighter Inferno - The Fight of Moses Early and Sir Arthur McCloud

Still don't like the way MASCHINE records in scenes, but I'm beginning to get the hang of it.

You just gotta duplicating and start counting, is what I do. I don't like it either but for now it'll do. I think we'll see more FL Studio style song tracking in a future update though. As it's something people bring up a lot on the maschine forums.

I like this.
You will learn to love scenes, as I have. Maschine is probably the most intuitive program I have used. I like the beat though.

I like this too.
Why would you hurt me like this? I thought we were friends.
:( I'm joking haha, we are still bros.

I was thinking of picking up a maschine, but it's something I gotta drop a lot of money down on for sure, I'll probably have one by end of August.

//B1G

Banned
tight sample miri! earlier i said i'm finally getting familiar with Reason, i just exported a short little snippet of what i've been working on. just really getting a feel for the GUI and all the instruments. what you dudes think so far? if i keep working on this i'll be doing a bunch more to it, but i may just scrap it in the end.
http://soundcloud.com/bluntdrunk/demo-song

> what are some good tips for producing? like the shit to avoid and the staples of the 'industry'?

Recon

Banned
tight sample miri! earlier i said i'm finally getting familiar with Reason, i just exported a short little snippet of what i've been working on. just really getting a feel for the GUI and all the instruments. what you dudes think so far? if i keep working on this i'll be doing a bunch more to it, but i may just scrap it in the end.

> what are some good tips for producing? like the shit to avoid and the staples of the 'industry'?

I think the best tip is just to find a sound you love and go into it. I still suck, but I have leveled up considerably within the last few months after finally getting serious about it. The only tip I can think of is dont compare yourself to anyone else and dont listen to other beats while doing your own.

Tokubetsu

I think the best tip is just to find a sound you love and go into it. I still suck, but I have leveled up considerably within the last few months after finally getting serious about it. The only tip I can think of is dont compare yourself to anyone else and dont listen to other beats while doing your own.

Yeah this is kinda important and don't expect your "sound" to come over night. Just list your favorite two producers, and copy them until that shit comes easy to you, then branch off from there into shit you'd like to see.

I like it.

Honestly what I do is NEVER scrap old shit I made. Keep those for future reference when you practice more and you go back to it, you'll see how much you've improved and you might think that some of those songs had good melodies but you couldn't make them into good beats back then.

Also, I leave no sound untouched. What I mean by that is that as long as I like the way something sounds to my ears, I make a beat with it. I know you are using Reason, I've definitely been exploring all types of sounds in that program and making beats and fucking around with drums. Just keep at it.

Satch

Banned
this Domo thing is just kinda okay

i'm finding myself more interested in what's going on in the background than what he's got to say, and tbh he aint really sayin shit anyway

//B1G

Banned
good advice all. it's gonna take me a long time to make a full beat, there are soooo many things you can tweak with just a single instrument and i have to play with everything before i feel comfortable putting it to the track. Reason is so comprehensive though once i have a good workflow with it like i do in PS or other programs i'll be able to pump some awesome shit out.

iavi

Digging the drum track. Sampling is a bit spartan, but overall I dig what you've got going here.

And I don't think I'll ever come to love MASCHINE's layout, man. The hardware and quick-trigger fts of the software are ace but this tracking is a no go. Coming from a background of just jamming on a piano or bass, this recording into very mechanical segmented chunks isn't me.

You just gotta duplicating and start counting, is what I do. I don't like it either but for now it'll do. I think we'll see more FL Studio style song tracking in a future update though. As it's something people bring up a lot on the maschine forums.

I'm not to sure how FL tracks, but if it's anything like Logic, I'll be in heaven.

Thanks! I actually really dig what you got here. Off-beat. Just the way I like it.

And as for producing, I have no clue; I've found my sound sounding more electronic than anything lately - which is probably my natural inclination towards artists such as Danger/Daft/Justice getting the best of me when playing around in a suite like this, so I say that your sound will come naturally like your fav style of music to listen to- branch out from there, like Toku says.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Already, so slowpoking on Dessa too. I just impulse bought that Doomtree and her solo album. Shit's like a palette cleanser.

I'm in that digest music favorably mood. What's new that a slowpoke motherfucker like me can listen to and be impressed with now?

HiResDes

Already, so slowpoking on Dessa too. I just impulse bought that Doomtree and her solo album. Shit's like a palette cleanser.

I'm in that digest music favorably mood. What's new that a slowpoke motherfucker like me can listen to and be impressed with now?

What have you heard recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom