• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcott

First name? :D

Where'd you get your username? Old art name and freestyle name when I lived in Baltimore.
Age? 3X
Where do you live? Suburbia MD
Where are you from? Wichita KS, Baltimore MD
How'd you end up where you are? By car and Uhaul
First Hip Hop Album? Either Sugar Hill Gang: Rappers Delight. (wasn't mine but we listened to it on the record player constantly)
Top 5 movies? A Clockwork Orange, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Clockers, The Incredibles, Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Top 5 Video games? MGS3, SMB3, FFVI, Uncharted 2, Castlevania 3
What did you read last? American Gods. In the middle of Pimp: The Story of My Life.
What did you watch last? Fringe (The End of All Things)
Favorite non hip hop album? Radiohead: In Rainbows
Favorite Drink? Current: Paul Mason and Pepsi. Last week: Jamaican Rum and Coke.
Play any sports? Eh, closest thing is the warm up of Insanity Workout before I become lazy.
How was your high school life? Innercity school... pretty boring.
Bad habits? Cigarettes, procrastination, short attention span with women.
Employment? FDA
Hobbies? Painting, writing, gaming, photography, sleeping...
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Hip-Pop Rappers in general. Mostly Drake (monotone crooning on every station). Second up for a face of Washingtons would be Lil' Wayne (constant analogies about fellatio and "fuck these N@gg@s" in every.single.song gets tired).
Why'd you end up on gaf? Five or so years ago, found a thread on cosplay while looking for something to paint. Started posting on Gamers.com (I think) which transitioned to 1up forum and then transitioned to shit. Decided to stay here.
Other threads you frequent? Anime/Manga threads, Fringe/Lost/Walking Dead threads, gamers side randomness.
Threads you avoid like the plague? Black Culture thread. "GAF: Women fries infant in vat" kind of threads, generally threads with bannable traps.
Most significant hip hop album to you B.I.G.: Life After Death - Prior to the album, artists were in a stage of early gangsta-dom and group albums. BIG's sophomore album focused on his rise after "Ready to Die" and his success. Years after the album, there's been very little innovation to discuss anything else, with a few exceptions from the underground and backpackers.
Best thing about hip hop? Self expression, emphasis on wordplay and delivery, how it's an American original much like baseball and Fortune Cookies.
Worst thing? It's commercialization, how it's less about the street poetry art-form and more about flash and dumbed down easy to memorize catch phrases (black and yellow... swag... rack city...), vomit. Strictly "follow the leader" mentality. Meh.
Shittiest thing you've ever done? Age 4, stuck something in my brother's ear (he was 6) and never told a soul. In his 30's he finally had it taken out... :( doh!

Jtrizzy

Basically you're just gonna have to bite the bullet and do it manually. There is a free program called MP3Tag that I use sometimes, it indexes Amazon and some other sites to get album art and track info, and you can run albums through that if you know what they are.

Just be careful when you're using it, because if the track listings don't match up when you do it, it'll mess up the tags.

As far as media players go, I like Zune's interface the best but next to nothing works with it. I have an iPod so I'm essentially forced into using iTunes. It's a leaky, slow, piece of shit, but I've learned to work with it.

As far as bitrates go, that mostly depends on your equipment and your ears. For really bass-heavy or complex tracks I prefer 320kbps+, but 95% of the time 256kpbs is ok.

Thanks for the advice, to Jack as well...not looking forward to organizing the last 15 years worth of music I have in it's multi format glory lol. Thank god I gave away that huge tape collection years ago.

Anyone know about the bit rate on mp3's from amazon compared to itunes out of curiosity? I have been using Amazon for a while now out of convenience with my droid.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I didn't see anyone post this, Luda has a pretty hot verse.

Luda and TI always sound odd together... Dope song tho, you can see that it's trying to be this year's I'm on one...

Mangotron

Luda and TI always sound odd together... Dope song tho, you can see that it's trying to be this year's I'm on one...

Yea I've kinda noticed that too. Luda and KRIT need to do an album together though, they're like bread and butter.

It's just kind of dissapointing because I feel like it could be more. On One's success came from Drake's ability to sink hooks, and this one is just kind of an autotuned mess. I think Jeezy coulda done the hook a lot better. I guess that's why it was a freebie though, lol.

Jtrizzy said:
Anyone know about the bit rate on mp3's from amazon compared to itunes out of curiosity? I have been using Amazon for a while now out of convenience with my droid.

IIRC they are the same, both are 256kbps.

overcast

First name? Dillon

Where'd you get your username? From Overcast! by Atmosphere. Not my favorite album, but a cool name.
Age? About to be 19
Where do you live? Southern California
Where are you from? Pasadena California.
How'd you end up where you are? By moving over 21 times with my family.
First Hip Hop Album? I think my first album was MMLP.
Top 5 movies? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Clerks, Ratatouille, Shaun of the Dead, and Memento
Top 5 Video games? Psychonauts, Kingdom Hearts, Rachet and Clank: Going Commando, Jet Grind Radio, and The World Ends With You (difficult to narrow it down)
What did you read last? ?Unbroken, alright book.
What did you watch last? 2nd Episode of Game of Thrones
Favorite non hip hop album? In the Aeroplane Over the Sea or Elephant by The White Stripes.. or Let It Bleed by the Stones. Tough question.
Favorite Drink? I don't drink alcohol.. so I'll go Vanilla Coke
Play any sports? I used to play Basketball often. I just work out now.
How was your high school life? Pretty boring initially. Really picked up half way through Sophomore year. Pretty damn solid the rest of the way.
Bad habits? Procrastination, and bad luck (sometimes).
Employment? Just got a part time job as a host.
Hobbies? Gaming, watching TV & movies, and listening to music.
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Probably Lupe... or Jay Electronica. Stop wasting potential!
Why'd you end up on gaf? About 6 years ago. My oldest brother left Gaming Age Forums open. I browsed it that night, never gave up. I lurked for until last year.
Other threads you frequent? NFL, movies you've seen recently, Dating Age (if I need any help) and the monthly music threads. I don't always post, but I constantly follow them.
Threads you avoid like the plague? MLP threads, Poligaf.
Most significant hip hop album to you? Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor. EASILY. It changed my perspective on not just rap, but music as a whole. That album marked when I started listening to what I consider good music, and taught me to avoid the typical MTV shit. Got me through the tough times around that point in my life (adolescence)
Best thing about hip hop? The ability to express yourself through rhyme. It has so many different forms. It can be beautiful and fun.
Worst thing? I hate to sound typical, but most mainstream rap is so damn terrible.
Shittiest thing you've ever done? I don't really know. Maybe being mean to my mom sometimes? I'm usually pretty damn straight morally to be honest.

IrishNinja

overcast you're either 18 or 19! you can't just say "eighteen and a half" man, haha.

im gonna go back and try to read some of ya'lls surveys, mine felt kinda plain.

Cudder

http://datnewcudi.com/2012/02/29/live-stream-kid-cudi-dot-da-genius-perform-at-the-project-x-premiere-party/

Live stream of the Project X Release After Party. A-trak is on stage now. Tyler the Creator is up next, followed by WZRD.

overcast

overcast you're either 18 or 19! you can't just say "eighteen and a half" man, haha.

im gonna go back and try to read some of ya'lls surveys, mine felt kinda plain.
Lol. Changed it a bit.

What are your guys favorite TV shows? I'd go Futurama, Breaking Bad, Spaced, and Arrested Development.

IrishNinja

Adventure Time, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones right now, Deadwood, The Wire, Arrested Development.
if it was a top 10 id add Firefly, Daily Show, The Shield...Def Poetry jam? chapelle show? bullshit? i dont know.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Adventure Time, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones right now, Deadwood, The Wire, Arrested Development.
if it was a top 10 id add Firefly, Daily Show, The Shield...Def Poetry jam? chapelle show? bullshit? i dont know.
you add daily show but not the Colbert report, i call bullshit.

overcast

Great list. I haven't seen Deadwood or Firefly. Both sound great. Just started Game of Thrones. So far it's damn solid.

Blackace

Great list. I haven't seen Deadwood or Firefly. Both sound great. Just started Game of Thrones. So far it's damn solid.

Deadwood is dope..

the wire, Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Psych, and Breaking bad

would be mine

IrishNinja

you add daily show but not the Colbert report, i call bullshit.

prolly right, but i ain't had cable in a minute...colbert wasn't on back then, haha. now i just catch them both in clips but i get that they're a combo deal.

Deadwood is dope..

would be mine

Sopranos set the bar but only falls off for me cause you know by that last season, the writer was salty. my chic loves Boardwalk, and both Sons and Breaking Bad are on my list to check out.
kinda makes me sad i spent so much time watching shit that mostly went nowhere like True Blood and Dexter with her instead of those ones.

ps have we talked about Des' banning? fuck happened/any idea how long?

Blackace

Sopranos set the bar but only falls off for me cause you know by that last season, the writer was salty. my chic loves Boardwalk, and both Sons and Breaking Bad are on my list to check out.
kinda makes me sad i spent so much time watching shit that mostly went nowhere like True Blood and Dexter with her instead of those ones.

a lot of shows don't end right.. wish 6th season was better.. but 1-4 were like the dopeness without a doubt

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
prolly right, but i ain't had cable in a minute...colbert wasn't on back then, haha. now i just catch them both in clips but i get that they're a combo deal.

i am pretty sure you can watch em online, can't you?

Well don't put it on YOUR list then son...

Comedies are too far few and in-between Psych is like 7 seasons of Ace Ventura
Don't you dare compare ace ventura to any tv show. NONE SHALL LIVE UP TO A.V

Adventure Time, Archer, Arrested Development, Boondocks, Brekaing Bad, Chappelles Show, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Futurama, It's Always Sunny, Louie, Regular Show, Seinfeld, The Simpsons, The Twilight Zone, The Venture Brothers, The Wire and The last two seasons of Moral Orel ( I never thought claymation could make me depressed.)

TheOddOne

Deadwood is dope..

would be mine
Excellent, your taste in TV series is pretty much like mine.

Psych is slightly above average at best.
Haters gonna hate.

dule_rocking_horse.gif

Acid08

Banned
When is The Venture Brothers coming back? Fucking love that show, the season 4 finale is one of the best television episodes I've ever seen.

When is The Venture Brothers coming back? Fucking love that show, the season 4 finale is one of the best television episodes I've ever seen.

No air dates yet, Pre-production started last June. Show will probably have been off the air for a year and a half before new episodes air.

Such a great show.

TheOddOne

Tokubetsu is like Lupe, he is on some shit that nobody likes but him.

Still got mad love for you Toku, even if you're turning into a cook :3

Toku, my man, my homie, I'm fucking pissed at you. After all the times we spent chatting bullshitting on IRC you never once mentioned Esperanza Spalding.
LLShC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom