• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is moving slow because a supernatural force is punishing you guys for calling Kendrick the king

Also nothing was the same was....aiight. I expected more from the obvious leader of the new school

Take care was better

Cudder

First OLD "review"

When Detroit rapper Danny Brown released his breakout mixtape, XXX, in 2011, he seemed to have emerged fully formed: the self-styled Adderall Admiral was a wiry, colorful lothario with a flamboyant hairdo and a honking, nasal flow, oscillating between thoughtful insights about growing up in the D and nasty rhymes about what he liked to do with women (answer: everything). Two years later, on Old, Brown is still rapping about daily struggles and balls-out bacchanalia, and he balances those dueling impulses even more successfully. The eclectic beats stoke Brown's clever, detailed wordplay: on "25 Bucks" he gets serious about the struggles of black America over a moody, cloudy track from Purity Ring, while on "Handstand" he bounds into cartoonish raunch atop high-pitched twirling synths and bombastic drums. Brown has also grown as a storyteller, and on "Wonderbread" he's able to make an engaging tale out of something as mundane as a kid's trip to get some grub.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Alright guys, I'm seeing Action Bronson and Danny Brown tonight. Help me get prepared. Your top 5 songs from each, noting the producer. So hyped!!!

I don't listen to Danny Brown but I am a Bronsolino fan. Here are my top 5 Action Bronson tracks

Imported Goods (watch the music Video for it)
beautiful music
Cirque du Soleil
The Rainmaker
Seven Series Triplets

iWumbo

Neo Member
What up GAF- i've been visiting for a while (lurking in the shadows) and figured a new gaf-Hop OT was a good enough excuse for me to start some posting...

Musical Taste:

*Pick a coast to rep - East; from NY, currently chilling down in NOLA for grad school
*Favorite Artist - The Tribe
*Best feature killer - Bun B
*Favourite producer - DJ Premier
*Favourite album - Doe or Die - AZ
*What's in your playlist right now? - Doris, Stay Trippy, Run the Jewels, Acid Rap, Saaab Stories

GAF-Hop Discusses:

*Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF > The College Dropout = Graduation > Late Registration > Yeezus >>> 808s
*Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Method Man
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface?
*Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Yes. (even though AZ stole the show)
*Who won? Nas or Nas? Nas
*Biggie or Pac? B-I, double G, I-E
*Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Still undecided, although anyone from The Pack is good in my book
*How do you feel about Macklemore? Not a huge fan, but I guess I'm glad he's doing well
*Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? Liquid Swords 2 but only because I'm a man of faith

thabiz

925f8e0a539df0f3581c8a6f88d3b020.jpeg

Marion Write - Continuous Play 2

IrishNinja

Ain't the OT we deserve

no swag dusty ass OT

just look at that page-one, genuine, gif-based excitement in the last OT

ya'll stay a buncha cackling hens, but this is entirely the OT you deserve
we need hypebeast coli gifs to get excited now? might a swell call us pop-GAF2 and be done with it, instead of pausing GTA V to talk about...how em's next is gonna be weak to anyone who's not WW or some shit

anyway we got new people comin through, ya'll hush up

Born Sinner > NWTS

like this for instance, i mean, fuckouttahere - drizzy's album was solid and didn't put me to sleep, though both had highly skippalbe crooked smile simp anthems

IrishNinja

*yeshrug* i follow big ghostface so i got kitten whisperer jokes for days, but...1 mixtape & 3 albums later, he's yet to put out a bad joint yet. it's fine not to like it, but when people say that then praise weekend or cole or whoever, i don't get it

overcast

Wonderbread and Torture are going to be the best tracks, the Purity Rng one maybe third.
Dope song is definitely one of my most anticipated. Torture is the one he said is darkest he's made right?
*yeshrug* i follow big ghostface so i got kitten whisperer jokes for days, but...1 mixtape & 3 albums later, he's yet to put out a bad joint yet. it's fine not to like it, but when people say that then praise weekend or cole or whoever, i don't get it
Pretty much. Shit, Ye is soft as fuck. It's pretty easy for me to separate art from artist. Drake makes good music.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What up GAF- i've been visiting for a while (lurking in the shadows) and figured a new gaf-Hop OT was a good enough excuse for me to start some posting...

Musical Taste:

*Pick a coast to rep - East; from NY, currently chilling down in NOLA for grad school
*Favorite Artist - The Tribe
*Best feature killer - Bun B
*Favourite producer - DJ Premier
*Favourite album - Doe or Die - AZ
*What's in your playlist right now? - Doris, Stay Trippy, Run the Jewels, Acid Rap, Saaab Stories

GAF-Hop Discusses:

*Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF > The College Dropout = Graduation > Late Registration > Yeezus >>> 808s
*Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Method Man
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface?
*Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Yes. (even though AZ stole the show)
*Who won? Nas or Nas? Nas
*Biggie or Pac? B-I, double G, I-E
*Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Still undecided, although anyone from The Pack is good in my book
*How do you feel about Macklemore? Not a huge fan, but I guess I'm glad he's doing well
*Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? Liquid Swords 2 but only because I'm a man of faith

Nice to meet you. Good to see an East Coast fan join the discussion.

filler

Banned
Multiple SotY? Did we listen to the same album?

Nice to see you post here again.

I been around, breh. I just usually skip out when all the lupe, nas, jayz, kanye bullshit starts. I don't care about any of them dudes and have zero to say.

CRS

Maybe, I thought WMWTSO was the only album you listened to in June though?

Trouble and N***az Know are both easy SotY contenders.
I listened to Born Sinner, couple of times all the way through.

From what I remember She Knows was the track I enjoyed the most. That's about it.

I do need to catch up on a lot of shit but I'm pretty sure I won't. I'll most likely pull a Toku and not put up a list at the end of the year.
I been around, breh. I just usually skip out when all the lupe, nas, jayz, kanye bullshit starts. I don't care about any of them dudes and have zero to say.
Yeah, those cycles have been active for a minute now.

New Q track coming early next week.

Tweeted by dangeroo kipawaa

dangeroo kipawaa TDE ✔ @dangerookipawaa

#OXYMORON UPDATE : A FEW MORE SAMPLES HAS 2 BE CLEARED B4 I CAN GIVE YALL A DATE. SOME PPL R COMPLETE AHOLES WEN IT COME 2 CLEARING SAMPLES
dangeroo kipawaa TDE ✔ @dangerookipawaa

i promise i will leak a @ScHoolBoyQ track early next week. 2 show my appreciation 4 yall patience n loyalty. we cant do it w/o yall support
12:08 AM - 21 Sep 2013

royalan

Look homie I don't dance all I do is this
It's the same two-step with a lil twist

YAAAAAASSSSSS

I need more danceable hip-hop in my life. ;___;

HiiiLife

Section 80 was great.

I understand people find it boring because most of it isn't hype music, and it being more jazz sounding outside of a few tracks.

I feel like Section 80 kinda brings you into the world how he views it, and pushing the HiiiPower movement. Apart from GKMC presenting how it was for him growing up.

The sound from S80 to GKMC changed a lot more than I thought it would. Gotta give credit to some of the in house TDE producers.. They have very versatile beats.

I still listen to Overly Dedicated and the Kendrick Lamar EP. Really good tracks on both.

P&P grew on me so much it's crazy. Heard it before I started listened to Ab-Soul and didn't care for it, then jumped to my top 10 Kendrick tracks.

My top 10 King Kenny tracks would probably be (no order):
Money Trees
P&P
ADHD
The Spiteful Chant
Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe
M.a.a.d City
The Heart pt. 2
Sing About Me
Swimming Pools
Cartoons and Cereal

What about y'all?