• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

if im changing my avatar to a kung fu movie dude, its gonna be someone from the venom mob breh.

you done had gordon for a minute, but venom mob works too
either way iron fist gon be a modern day classic, ill keep this seat on the bandwagon warm m'man

i'd rather have q-tip rap on my shit than make a beat for my shit.

me too but let's not act like dude cant produce: one love, first 3 tribe albums, lots of other classics

niiiiiiiiiiiiiice

that previously linked RZA interview - anyone else catch 4:35 where he's telling Meth to get into the studio so he can work on his next album? dammt mef

Meth is always bullshitting about how he should have worked harder, should have done x, would do y, etc. The nigga fucked up what could have been a Jay-Z/DMX/etc career and still doesn't get it. Luckily he's got some Hollywood money, otherwise he'd be another broke 90s ninja....

RZA wants you in the studio, bro. RZA.

Nibel

The last bit from "Compton" sounds so fucking amazing - that track is a banger

Call me Nibel aka good poster, m.a.a.d. forum

Old but how are you people feeling Murs & Fashawn - This Generation?

I like both solo but except for Slash Gordon nothing is really clicking with me :(

codhand

Funny I wish Currensy would slow down.

Meth is always bullshitting about how he should have worked harder, should have done x, would do y, etc. The nigga fucked up what could have been a Jay-Z/DMX/etc career and still doesn't get it. Luckily he's got some Hollywood money, otherwise he'd be another broke 90s ninja....

RZA wants you in the studio, bro. RZA.

A DMX career? Gosh, who wouldn't want that? Meth had some big hits, How High was a big one, so were Judgement Day, Da Rockwilder off Blackout, also dude did when a grammy with Mary J.

As a side note, Meth gets extra bread for Wu shows--10K at my local venue v 5k for other members--than his counterparts, due to Meth being by far the liveliest member of the group's live performance, whereas DMX, couldn't even do the local show here, due to low ticket sales...

Capadonna would love for RZA to be asking he hit the studio, but RZA could care less about him.

PBY

Banned
bbc748ba166111e29fe522000a1f97ce_7.jpg

fc5df5e0166111e28bf022000a1c42d7_7.jpg

A DMX career? Gosh, who wouldn't want that?

Yeah I mean its not like DMX ever had 5 number one albums in a row (only to lose out the number one spot on his sixth album by 100 sales)
X never went platinum 5 times in a row.
Sold over 30 million records.
X never did shit, why would anyone want a career like that?

Your so right codhand. You the best mayne, you deeeeed it.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Yeah I mean its not like DMX ever had 5 number one albums in a row (only to lose out the number one spot on his sixth album by 100 sales)

Too bad x went crazy and started searching for god. At least we'll always have X gon give it to ya.

iavi

I'm pissed, doesn't look like anywhere in New Zealand is screening Iron Fists :(

Is there a list floating around of the places that are? Most anticipated film next to skyfall.

-----

Also, WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT K.DOT? That picture had to be fake. I refuse to believe that discs are out and some good samaritan hasn't already taken one for the team.

codhand

and he threw it all away...more than once. Method Man is still making bank at live shows. DMX is a punchline. "Career" implies longevity.

Detox

Is there a list floating around of the places that are? Most anticipated film next to skyfall.

-----

Also, WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT K.DOT? That picture had to be fake. I refuse to believe that discs are out and some good samaritan hasn't already taken one for the team.

The discs have DRM on them that can only be unlocked with Beats By Dre Laptops™

I'm not arguing DMX was a tip five artist. I'm saying he had a huge career, and at one point was bigger than Jay-Z. Meth could have been that big; at one point he was a pretty big star but just didn't stay consistent from a mainstream perspective. He has admitted that his own laziness was a problem, plus he's surprisingly introverted; he doesn't party, hates the industry, etc. by to be fair DMX wasn't an industry guy either and he did fine initially.

Meth is probably still capable of crafting a hit if paired with the right producers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom