• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Votes FOTY 2014 Thread: Fail Of The Year

prag16

Banned
I'm gonna say gaming journalism (no, I'm not referring to anything having to do with gamergate). (If that's too general, or doesn't count, I'll say Ubisoft).

I think it's the year they really collectively jumped the shark. I know not everyone's guilty, but having so many outets get so thoroughly caught up in (to the point that they were probably in part perpetuating) the prerelease hype cycles of so many of these ultimately disappointing (or even broken) games this year was very disconcerting.

Gattsu25

Banned
Is it too late to change my dishonorable mention to this asshat?

dS0TjTx.png

Lime

^Same ignorant dude:

"The concept of white privilege is very American too. You'll find a lot of British people, particularly Northerners like myself bemused by it. [...] When looking from our perspective, the American white-privilege thing doesn't make a lot of sense, because we grew up in countries where race was less of a factor. "

But I'd throw him in with the Gamergate thing since he's supporting it, so I guess he can do the acceptance speech for this award on behalf of the rest of the misogynistic movement called Gamergate.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It's a toss up between Destiny and Ubisoft... gotta go with Ubisoft.

Destiny was enjoyable for a little bit, even if it was the most shallow game ever created(so glad I traded it in while its trade in value was still high). The review embargo was a dick move but atleast they gave a plausible reason(even if that reason turned out to be bullshit in the end).

Ubi was just fail all around, especially with AC:U. There was no reason for a review embargo with AC, it was purely an anti-consumer move by Ubisoft. Thanks to their antics this year, they've dethroned EA as my #1 hated publisher on my publisher shit list.

Top Bottom