• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Universal Next-Gen Stance

Stin

Games are so boring and repetitive these days. I feel like I've been there done that x500. Same car different coat of paint. I might have been tempted to get Wii at $199, but I personally don't think it's worth $250. Oh well.

Rorschach

360: Already own it, not that pleased with the lineup, but the future lineup looks good and I love the marketplace for the demos and vids. Good times.

PS3: lollercoaster of a ride, but I think I settled on purchasing this year if I can find one. Resistance looks incredible, Motostorm looks really fun, and the future lineup is just jawdropping. Of course, there could be problems and we could see delays like GoW saw. :(

Wii: I was in love with the idea of a cheap console I can dick around with for pick-up-and play, but 50 dollars and a couple of interviews/announcements later, I just don't know. I don't think they're going in the direction I thought they were. I love first party Nintendo games, so I'll probably pick it up in '07.

I'm looking forward to a new gen of gmes, but yeah LAST GEN wins again!. I have so many badass games. The ps2 turned about soo much better than I ever thought it would. Maybe that will happen again,, but I'm a poor ass man and The new gen will price me out.

santouras

I've always been getting a wii day 1, as a card carrying nintendo fanboy I absolutely have to, but I am worried but excited over their direction. Its either going to be a stunning success or a dismal failure. The other two systems are strange ones. I'm a big sports nut, mainly soccer games, and my purchase of either ps3 or x360 will depend on whether or not devs will release ps2/xbox games with wii controls, or x360/ps3 games with lesser graphics.

The latest video of fifa for x360 has me salivating, the more realistic animations look awesome, and if they don't bring that to wii, I'll have to consider x360 or ps3 just for that.

xaosslug

AniHawk said:
AniHawk, 2004
PS3: Gonna be completely awesome and give me all the games I could possibly want.
360: Gonna be completely awesome and it's coming out next year and the games are gonna be awesome.
Revolution: It'll have Mario and Zelda and Fire Emblem so it's a buy.

Handhelds:

DS: Nintendo is doomed
PSP: We have a new handheld king

AniHawk, 2005
PS3: Gonna completely kick ass. Sony would never rape their customers with the pricing of the system.
360: $400? Microsoft is ****ing crazy. I'm never paying that. I hope the 360 dies and dies hard.
Revolution: Nintendo's last console.

Handhelds:

DS: Why did I not resist the urge to buy system.
PSP: Must. Resist. Urge. To buy system.

AniHawk, E3 2006
PS3: $600? Sony is ****ing crazy. I'm never paying that. I hope the PS3 dies and dies hard.
360: Wii60 FTW! ^_^
Wii: Wii60 FTW ^_^

Handhelds:

DS: Awesome, but overpriced
PSP: No games no sale.

AniHawk, Present Day
PS3: Overpriced, will buy when it's $300
360: Overpriced, will buy when it's $300
Wii: Overpriced, hey it's already under $300

Handhelds:

DS: Awesome, but overpriced
PSP: No games no sale.