• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galak-Z: The Dimensional |OT| Macross the Universe

danowat

Banned
Wonder if there is much of an option to change things

The fact you've got ccontinous motion of inertia, thrust, reverse thrust/brake, direction and firing on four separate controls makes it hard.

Wonder if direction and thrust mapped both to left stick would have altered the game too much? Or even made it a twin stick system as the right stick isn't really utilized.

Tunavi

Banned
Frame rate gets annihilated during massive explosions. And I usually don't complain about frame drops

I like the rpg elements

Seanze01

Someone please tell me that I read it wrong when the game said I can only save after I complete a season. Does this mean the game doesn't save after every mission/episode? Only after the season is done? Doesn't seem right to me.

Loving everything about this game, but still in the prolog episodes.

Bleep

Oh wow, the day 1 patch is the same size as the full game. Kinda makes having a preload option seem silly.

Someone please tell me that I read it wrong when the game said I can only save after I complete a season. Does this mean the game doesn't save after every mission/episode? Only after the season is done? Doesn't seem right to me.

It's a rogue-lite game. You progress through an entire season to make it to the next, if you die in one of the episodes you go back to episode 1 of that season.

You do get coins though that you can use to buy items at the shop that you can save if you die.

You save between missions. It says so in the tutorial message.

MattyG

Banned

It saves in between missions when you're on the ship, but if you quit mid-mission you lose your progress and if you die, you go back to the beginning of the current season.

jkooXL

Anyone having frame-rate issues please be sure you are playing the patched version. Hit the options button while the Galak-Z tile is highlit on the PS4 dashboard and update the game!

Jashobeam

just finished the turorial and watched the mission breifing for prologue 1 and there was a glitch with the audio cutting off short during some lines. Any one else experience this?

Same. It's going to take a lot of practice and getting my ass handed to me by Imperials to git gud.

Every single death for me has been due to getting swarmed by two bugs and then the spider thing comes out and nabs me. And I panic and normally back right into it.

jkooXL

just finished the turorial and watched the mission breifing for prologue 1 and there was a glitch with the audio cutting off short during some lines. Any one else experience this?

This is a known issue, it appears to be correlated with users with very full or fragmented hard drives. Deleting unnecessary content usually cleans it up. We are working on it for our first patch, coming soon.

Made it to Season 2, took a little getting used to the controls, especially coming straight off playing Rocket League.

Still haven't gotten used to the slide mechanic, but for the most part I've been able to do well without using it too much. I'm sure in later levels it will become crucial for success. Juke move is great though, already abused it a whole bunch.

So far the game is very fun, and pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. Can't wait to get further in and die in many exciting and horrible ways!

antitrop

Finished Season 1, really enjoying the game a lot. The controls were immediately intuitive for me and I finished the first season my second try, after dying on 1-3 the first time.

Even the characters are starting to grow on me a bit, after finding them initially annoying. In any case, they still talk a bit too much.

Has anyone checked, does playing your own music in the background work? I love the OST, but part of me wants to nerd out and play my Macross OSTs.

SMK

The way you can feather the boost for small adjustments in dogfights is amazing. Really enjoying the game so far.

Snakebee

Neo Member
Okay, now this is a fun game. Got through Season 1 first try, lost a couple of health bars along the way. It does feel like it's really easy to die if you mess up.
Faux anime character design and the voice acting/writing is cringe-worthy though. I turned the voice volume all the way down.

mauaus

So... Died on 1-5 had a pretty good setup going on and have 10 coins to my name... Do i spend 5 to retry or use them on a new game?

Choose for me gaf

shinn623

So... Died on 1-5 had a pretty good setup going on and have 10 coins to my name... Do i spend 5 to retry or use them on a new game?

Choose for me gaf

Up to you. But one thing to consider is that you lose everything and start from scratch (including all upgrades/weapons). I died at the same episode as you and did manage to get my stuff back, but not sure exactly how. Perhaps killing the enemy that killed you (guess). GL either way

Played the first season - awesome stuff. Controls are on point.

Ran into a really annoying bug on 2-1, when learning to use the
grappling hook
. In the last section of the level, when you have to
grapple the mission item, I couldn't grapple anything. Was able to slash the item to the warp point, but when I went to end the mission, only the missoin item registered, and I was stuck behind
. No way to end the mission, and I had to quit the game.

mauaus

Up to you. But one thing to consider is that you lose everything and start from scratch (including all upgrades/weapons). I died at the same episode as you and did manage to get my stuff back, but not sure exactly how. Perhaps killing the enemy that killed you (guess). GL either way
Glad to report thr mission was a success, got my stuff back by kicking serious ass... Feels good man
What happens if i die in chapter 2, what do i lose

drac96

Played the first season - awesome stuff. Controls are on point.

Ran into a really annoying bug on 2-1, when learning to use the
grappling hook
. In the last section of the level, when you have to
grapple the mission item, I couldn't grapple anything. Was able to slash the item to the warp point, but when I went to end the mission, only the missoin item registered, and I was stuck behind
. No way to end the mission, and I had to quit the game.

This exact same thing just happened to me.

Also, when I hit the PlayStation button and come back to the game the controls stop working properly. If I'm in a menu the cursor will always try and go to the bottom.

Other than these issues I love the game.

Oh wow, the day 1 patch is the same size as the full game. Kinda makes having a preload option seem silly.

The patch downloaded for me this morning I believe. I didn't need to do anything once the game was available

Can't find it on EU PSN store. :(

Don't think it's launching in Europe yet

Yea, controls look like they'd be hard to learn, but highly rewarding to master, which is what you want really.
haven't played yet but just watching the gameplay it looks like the ship is extremely difficult to control. Just the way it moves around with the thrusters

Top Bottom