• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer August Cover Revealed: Dishonored (Arkane, Harvey Smith)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Deadbeat said:
Wow fuck some of you people. Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah were awesome games.
You gotta lower expectations for people's developer familiarity/PC background knowledge. It makes threads like these more tolerable.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Opus Angelorum said:
See, if people actually bought games that offered something different...then maybe we'd be given a lot less first person shooters.
"Too many FPS" is a fuckin myth.

Fredescu

Opus Angelorum said:
See, if people actually bought games that offered something different...then maybe we'd be given a lot less first person shooters.
So I guess they should buy this game, being that it isn't a first person shooter.

Madrical

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I'm excited just because it's a new IP.
Pretty much. Keeping my eye on this, looking forward to some screenshots that will come with the article. I'm not going to argue with another FPS if it has some of the creative minds behind Deus Ex and Half-Life 2.

Sounds cool.

Bethesda Softworks believes in their vision and is giving them all the time, money, and development help (regular meetings with guys like The Elder Scrolls' Todd Howard don't make your game worse) they need.

But it may push you to target for least powerful platform as lead and gimp it for others in the process. Doesn't Zenimax own Arkane now? Wording makes it sound like Bethesda is helping as outsiders.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'm also excited because Antonov's works seems to stand the test of time. That's why you don't need any visual mods for Half-Life 2.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I though it was Portal at first glance.

Playing through Thief II at the moment and I'm definitely of the opinion that we need more first-person multiple-approach stealth-em-ups. This sounds very intriguing.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Opus Angelorum said:
At least this sounds like a very interesting FPS.

mandiller

OnZmw.jpg

"Watch out! STRIDER!!"

Mrbob

Dark Messiah is awesome, can't wait. Also this doesn't sound like a first person shooter at all from the description. The view is in first person. I guess Mirrors Edge is a first person shooter too then. Or Thief.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
"Harvey Smith, one of the main minds behind the first two Deus Ex games and a legendary veteran of game development, shares the vision and is on board as Dishonored's co-creative director along with Colantonio. Viktor Antonov designed Half-Life 2's iconic City 17 and is lending his talents to Dishonored's world. "

Excite.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
How would third person automatically make the concept more interesting? Aside from allowing you to cheat at stealth and gripe about the character running animations.
I just prefer tp alot more than fp for adventure games.

tim.mbp

It's a game about assassination where you don't have to kill anyone.

I hope this is true. I like playing in a non-lethal manner where applicable.

I love all of the people bitching about it being first person, as if the perspective alone makes it "dudebro" or some such.

Jesus, guys, it's a new IP and it's stealth action game that sounds like it has a lot of choice. The position of the camera doesn't make the game.

Orayn

BigJiantRobut said:
I love all of the people bitching about it being first person, as if the perspective alone makes it "dudebro" or some such.

Jesus, guys, it's a new IP and it's stealth action game that sounds like it has a lot of choice. The position of the camera doesn't make the game.
CoD = First Person = Dudebrah = Teh Shitz0rz
Ergo, Dishonored = First Person = CoD = Dudebrah = Teh Shitz0rz
Internet logic at its finest.

Muzzy

It's a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on your actions, not navigating conversation trees.

Ha, take that Bioware.

Seriously, it does sound interesting and I'm happy to see more immersive/solo FPS games rather than more COD clones.

Jarmel

Banned
Emonga said:
Look at all dem shades of grey

Just what we've all been waiting for all these years, a plethora of grey.

Really getting sick of stupid posts like this.

Anyway I need some gameplay footage first before jumping on any train.

erragal

Orayn said:
CoD = First Person = Dudebrah = Teh Shitz0rz
Ergo, Dishonored = First Person = CoD = Dudebrah = Teh Shitz0rz
Internet logic at its finest.

The worst part is that both games Arkane is known for are in first person. Why would anyone expect it to be something else?

Hype level maximum on this game; regardless of sales numbers this will have excellent gameplay and that's the only thing that matters.

Majanew

Banned
lol, that's it? I'm not going to buy that game just because GI hyped it like they had something worthy to reveal. lol, blame GI, Bethesda. :p

Top Bottom