• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Typographenia said:
Not liking Ashely's new look, especially. She doesn't have that great "one of the guys" feel she used to. Now she's just Miranda 2.0...
Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought "perfect dark" upon first viewing her.

Really happy for all the list of changes. If this turns out even close to how I'm expecting it to now I will be completely thrilled!

Also, I'm a Tali fan, but it still cracks me up to see everyone freaking out that she wasn't mentioned. Bioware is obviously messing with them, hahahaha!

Tali is as mortal of a lock as there is. Do you really think Bioware wants an angry mob waving torches and pitchforks storming their building?

Frankly, I'm convinced that there are Tali fans who could give a shit if Shepard showed up in ME3 as long as Tali was there.

Kurtofan

Speedymanic said:
He can die in ME1 on Virmire. Space racist shoots him in the back.

And other return that doesn't make any sense, why not stay on the home planet and help co-ordinate some kind of counter attack.
Wrex could deleguate to his Krogan buddies, or to Grunt if he's alive(his loyalty mission is pretty linear so he could integrate the Urdnot clan between the games, even if you don't do his mission)

Ponti

Typographenia said:
Also, I'm a Tali fan, but it still cracks me up to see everyone freaking out that she wasn't mentioned. Bioware is obviously messing with them, hahahaha!
I'll laugh my ass off if they pull another 'visor off but can't see face lol!' move.

Wiggum2007

Riposte said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but there is basically no way you can end that last conversation on friendly terms. So they definitely were setting things in motion. Even if you play Shepard as 100% pro-Cerberus in his actions(don't think you can ever say "I am with Cerberus 4life" when you speak to Tali and whatnot), you can't end the game saying "Happy you like my present IM, lets play golf sometime".

I really like the idea of Cerberus going after Shepard. I thought the Illusive Man/Martin Sheen was a cool sinister character but he wasn't given anything to do besides give you mission briefings. Before ME2 was released I actually expected him to turn on you at the end of the game, I think he will make a really fun antagonist if used correctly.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gravijah said:
screw anime, go straight to the source...

MANGA!

oh man I'm gonna be famous.

Bioware just revealed Kaidan's new look:

ZUl6x.jpg

Patryn said:
Shepard can also kill him on Virmire.

I should also add that it's possible that Wrex, Mordin or Legion may show up regardless of whether or not they lived, given Bioware's new policy of hand-waving plot events to suit their tastes.

Thus far the only characters confirmed to either show up or not based on whether they're alive or dead are Garrus, Ashley and Kaiden.

Really? And that's about the only reason I need to restart the first game. :eek:

Peff said:
Maybe that's what he does, he's not confirmed as a Squadmate yet. They can use his brother (Wreav? lulz) again anyways or even let you choose between Grunt and Wrex, one leading Tuchanka and the other for your Squad.

I have a feeling that the final roster will likely be the ME1 squad+ME2 romances (which unfortunately means Jacob and Jack. On the other hand, Thane) and three or four new characters and hopefully some fan favourites from ME2 like Legion and Mordin.

Ah, right. Read the OP info and thought it had already been confirmed he'd part of the actual squad and be on the ship. Would be much better if he stays on Tuchanka until the very end when you launch a counter offensive.

Patryn said:
Frankly, I'm convinced that there are Tali fans who could give a shit if Shepard showed up in ME3 as long as Tali was there.
I thought that was just the majority of the ME fanbase in general.

Ponti said:
I'll laugh my ass off if they pull another 'visor off but can't see face lol!' move.
I'm one of those people that would actually prefer to never see what Quarians look like. We've already heard that they closely resemble humans. I would be fine with some amount of mystery surrounding them by the end of the game.

Patryn

Wiggum2007 said:
I really like the idea of Cerberus going after Shepard. I thought the Illusive Man/Martin Sheen was a cool sinister character but he wasn't given anything to do besides give you mission briefings. Before ME2 was released I actually expected him to turn on you at the end of the game, I think he will make a really fun antagonist if used correctly.

It sounds to me like Bioware finally listened to the fans and realized that it makes no fucking sense for Shepard to ever work for Cerberus and this is their way of saying "Ooops."

Typographenia said:
I thought that was just the majority of the ME fanbase in general

Guess that puts me further into the minority when it comes to the series, because I've never been crazy about Tali. I like her, but she's never been my be-all, end-all. If she got reduced to a mere cameo, I wouldn't be heartbroken.

Alucrid

Banned
Edit: Taken care of, thanks.

Oh, so she pretty much looks like Miranda. Clearly they run across some sort of alien technology that fuses Miranda and Ashley into one being.

I think Mordin will be in, but solely as science officer aboard the Normandy. I'm betting he's there, but not a playable squad member. He's getting old in Salarian terms, maybe they'll say he's not up to it or he's ill, so he'll help the fight with his mind. If he died in ME2 you'll get a generic Alliance Science Officer with less interesting dialogue when you're researching and upgrading stuff.

EDIT: I wonder if there'll be any new Normandy rooms/areas.

gdt

My only real "MAJOR DUMBING DOWN CHANGE" complaint with ME2 was the skill tree was wayyy reduced. I prefer the ME1 style. And that's first on the docket to change!

Riposte

DaBuddaDa said:
Tali died in my Mass 2 game :X

Not all deaths are equal. Did she get shot or did you vaporize her? You can get the good ending in ME3 only if you do the latter.

Patryn said:
Guess that puts me further into the minority when it comes to the series, because I've never been crazy about Tali. I like her, but she's never been my be-all, end-all. If she got reduced to a mere cameo, I wouldn't be heartbroken.
Same here. Tali's really not all that important to me. Garrus on the other hand... That guy's a badass. He and my Shep are bros to the end. Glad to hear he's in.

Patryn said:
Tali is as mortal of a lock as there is. Do you really think Bioware wants an angry mob waving torches and pitchforks storming their building?
I'm not sure about that. Dragon Age 2 was completely the opposite of what the majority of the fanbase wanted, remember. :lol

Obviously Cerberus has initiated "Project Lazarus: Team Edition" to bring back every single previous member. They had plenty of dna stuff around the ship to just clone or patch up the bodies of dead team members, and a backup of Legion floating around.

The reason the Illusive Man is after you is the project wasn't free this time, and you have a bill to pay! By golly, he's going to get your credits yet!

Kaiden is still dead, though.

So, re: the pics doing the rounds...

We can look forward to facing off against Batarian, Rachni and human husks? Both the Batarian and Rachni husks look great. Loving the extra detail they've gone to on the Batarian, looks a lot more like a Krogan.

:D

Majmun

I never used the save transfer option of this franchise. Played the X360 version of Mass Effect, finished Mass Effect 2 on the PC. And I plan on getting the Ps3 version of Mass Effect 3.
Jumping from platform to platform with this one.

Speedymanic said:
So, re: the pics doing the rounds...

We can look forward to facing off against Batarian, Rachni and human husks? Both the Batarian and Rachni husks look great. Loving the extra detail they've gone to on the Batarian, looks a lot more like a Krogan.

:D
But what if Shepard killed
the Rachni Queen back in ME1, though?
I think the
Rachni returning will happen regardless, sadly.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda sad Cerberus is on my ass now. The Illusive Man and I were tight as hell. Gave him the base and everything.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a space racist in real life, I just play one in a video game.

Blue Ninja said:
I think the

Crap, didn't even think of that. Looks like the ME1 reset continues unabated. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lyphen said:
Ashley's boob job is so Bioware.

They're huge.

And now I'm horny.

REV 09

i hope the "suicide" mission where no one really dies but everyone could have died doesn't mean that Bioware is skipping ME2 characters. I was wanting to roll with "that" crew into ME3. They should have found ways to sideline some of the characters at the end of 2 instead of potentially allowing all of them to die; they basically are dead if they can't make a substantial return.

Lyphen said:
Ashley's boob job is so Bioware.
I'm not complaining, though. Her outfit reminds me of Perfect Dark. :lol

Somehow, I think we'll still be seeing her kicking ass in her trademarked white-and-red armor. Not sure if I'm right, but I hope I am.

Confidence Man said:
So does Arrival explain how the Reapers got here without the Citadel relay?
Yes and no.
You see them fly in at the end of ME2, and that's what they do at the end of arrival. The system they arrive in has a relay that is linked to every other relay in the Galaxy, making an invasion possible, if not as effectively as the Citadel relay.

Blue Ninja said:
I think the
Well, I think that will be okay because the
Rachni were already out in space. You can do that mission where you fight off the Rachni swarms before ever even seeing the Rachni Queen.
I don't recall the circumstances that surround it, but I bet there's something they can use to "explain" it.
That or just another plot hole!

REV 09 said:
i hope the "suicide" mission where no one really dies but everyone could have died doesn't mean that Bioware is skipping ME2 characters. I was wanting to roll with "that" crew into ME3. They should have found ways to sideline some of the characters at the end of 2 instead of potentially allowing all of them to die; they basically are dead if they can't make a substantial return.

The only characters I really liked in ME2 were Thane and Legion. I don't think I'll miss anyone though. James Sanders could be another Jacob but I'll give him a chance.

Confidence Man said:
So does Arrival explain how the Reapers got here without the Citadel relay?

Yes, though I think it was more by accident. The girl in the DLC does a passing mention early on that it would take a couple of years to reach Earth by normal FTL from that system and
shepard blows up the alpha relay so the only way out of the system is by normal FTL, so it looks like this is 2 years after ME2

Elios83

I was a bit disappointed by ME2, plot was weak and none of the gameplay elements really shined.
I hope this will be better.

Typographenia said:
Well, I think that will be okay because the
Rachni were already out in space. You can do that mission where you fight off the Rachni swarms before ever even seeing the Rachni Queen.
I don't recall the circumstances that surround it, but I bet there's something they can use to "explain" it.
That or just another plot hole!

Weren't they part of a Cerberus experiment that went wrong? I guess there could be more out there from those experiments, but it would suck if they were in regardless of what you did in the first game.

If they had any sense, they'd make it so that their appearance is linked to your decision in the first game. Killed it, and they won't appear or there'll be significantly less, didn't and they'll make up a large part of the Husks.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Hah, Jacob, I always forget about him whenever I think about the ME2 crew. Couldn't care less about him. More or less the same with Samara - the loyality mission was nice but the character is boring as fuck and poorly dressed.

Ickman3400 said:
Yes, though I think it was more by accident. The girl in the DLC does a passing mention early on that it would take a couple of years to reach Earth by normal FTL from that system and
shepard blows up the alpha relay so the only way out of the system is by normal FTL, so it looks like this is 2 years after ME2

Alright, but at the end of ME2 they're still way the hell out in intergalactic space. When does Arrival take place?

Speedymanic said:
Weren't they part of a Cerberus experiment that went wrong? I guess there could be more out there from those experiments, but it would suck if they were in regardless of what you did in the first game.
That sounds right.
I agree, it would be a disappointment to see yet another "choice" from the earlier games be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom