• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer played through MGS Ground Zeroes' main mission in [1.5hrs, not rushing]

Eh... I doubt they played through all of the side missions. And since I'll be playing without tagging and the super slow motion mode it will probably take me longer than 4 anyway to go through the main mission.

Empty

it's pretty shameless but i will still buy it so i guess i'm the problem

just hope the mission is really replayable like the mgs2 tanker

Chun-Li

I understand that as

"we were allowed 4 hours with the game and we used them to play both (parts of) the main story and some of the side missions in the game".

It's not stated anywhere that 4 hrs was enough for them to complete the game and STILL have time to spare doing the extra stuff..

Yea. I think it was very poor wording on their part. It sounds like they were just trying to say that they had a limit of 4 hours and they played through what they could of the main story and then side stuff. If they had beat the main mission I'm sure their wording would have said "played through to completion" or something along those lines.

Nestunt

the question is:

with or without cutscenes?

knowing their track-record, if it is 4 hours with cutscenes I dont expect much gameplay

yeah, not even going to buy this if it's less than 4 hours. I'm not going to encourage these guys to continue to do this and neither should you guys. true evil isn't what konami is doing, no. True evil is giving in and allowing konami to set a trend by buying this 40 dollar demo. If other developers and publishers start doing this because how successful this experiment is then don't blame them, blame your own weak will for saying that "this is okay". okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Ilúvatar

Gonna wait for clarification from GI before I get my pitchfork out. Will probably be buying the physical version day one anyway.

Yup, definitely waiting for a price drop. I always wondered why people kept calling this game short or almost like a demo. Guess this is why.

styl3s

Getting this digitally on Xbox 360, so it'll cost me $20, there have been arcade games that last 1-2 hours with little replay value and cost $15. People seem to be forgetting that the digital pricing is $10 less than the physical pricing.

Xbox 360/PS3 digital: $19.99
Xbone/PS4 digital: $29.99

Buying a physical copy makes no sense.
Not on everything, at least not on X1. Forza, DR etc. are all $59.99.

But i will pick this up digitally. $30 for 4+ hours is fair. GI probably rushed through it, i will probably get 6-8 hours without even doing everything and for $30 that is beyond fair.

I buy new 90 minute blu-rays for $20.

kmax

Make no mistake about it, there's only one main mission.

* Kojima himself said that TPP is "hundreds of times bigger" than GZ
* The quote from GI is pretty cut and dry. There's only one main mission.

Hell, if they managed to play around with extra content, it would be reasonable to suggest that the main mission is even shorter than that. We're talking about < 4 hours here

Sojgat

Sounds about right.

The price of this glorified demo would be more palatable, if it came packaged with a new Zone of the Enders game.

I'll pass.

I thought we were all on the same page about this being basically an expensive demo? The term "prologue" basically told me that it was going to be 3-5 hours.

How long did you expect it to be?

MormaPope

Banned
If the digital PS4 version was 20 bucks we wouldn't even have this thread. Konami brought this onto themselves by asking for a next gen tax.

I only addressed pricing due to people only talking about the $40 physical copy, $30 is still steep, but for people in the 360/PS3 boat the digital pricing isn't too bad.

Cragvis

To be fair, you can beat skyrim's main quest-line just as fast.

However they did say 'and side stuff' as well, so theres that...

Now I know why they are selling it at $40. I was like wtf?

Also, do those 4 hours include any cutscene time? lol

Maddocks

I thought we were all on the same page about this being basically an expensive demo?

How long did you expect it to be?

thats what I thought too. It always seemed to me that it was just like the mgs2 demo. just the tanker mission to get you familiar with the controls and whatnot and then get amazed by the actual game.

Revengeance was around 4 hours my first playthrough, one thing that mgs and action games have in common is replayibility, im sure ill go through every difficulty in ground zeros.

I get what your saying, but I have seen no evidence that would point to that. I think they would have said something like, we played through the mission that was available to us... I'm sure they're will be clarification soon, as well the argument that if you take your time you can get 6 hours out of it.

I just don't think they could have been able to play through the main game AND some extra content within 4 hours completely untrained at a preview event where there are also breaks and a lot of PR chatter. Doesn't make sense to me...

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
$40 is a ridiculous price for, what I'm assuming, is a 4 hour prologue.

Kyoufu

I've paid over the odds for games before but not this time. InFamous comes out on the same day so there's no need to buy an overpriced demo. Sorry Kiefer.

MercuryLS

Banned
Konami is trying to take advantage of their user base with this, shameful.

Will the final MGSV Phantom Pain include Ground Zeros? If so I'll probably just wait for that.

Jigorath

Banned
$40 for this? Should have been no more than $15. I'll hold off. Konami is getting greedy and I don't like it. They better not skimp on MGSV.

Lunar15

At first I was like "this sounds short", then I remembered that Revengence is about 4 hours and I loved the replayability of that game.

I still get "tech demo for 40 bucks" vibes from this game, but whatever, I guess.

Betty

Banned
As far as reviews go, it doesn't matter how good it is or even how much replay value it has, it will get lower scores because it is or will be seen as pretty much a glorified demo/prologue. Not that it'll detract me from buying it day 1.

I fully expect it to be the lowest scoring entry in the main series.

maxcriden

Clearly none of you guys bought The Document of MGS2 for like $15-20 in 2002 and got fleeced like an expert:

250px-MGS2_Document.jpg

It was pretty neat at the time, though!

Goon Boon

Banned
Konami is trying to take advantage of their user base with this, shameful.

Will the final MGSV Phantom Pain include Ground Zeros? If so I'll probably just wait for that.

Even if it doesn't, there will be sales on the the boxed and digital by the time Phantom Pain is out.

MormaPope

Banned
Not on everything, at least not on X1. Forza, DR etc. are all $59.99.

But i will pick this up digitally. $30 for 4+ hours is fair. GI probably rushed through it, i will probably get 6-8 hours without even doing everything and for $30 that is beyond fair.

I buy new 90 minute blu-rays for $20.

Of course, I was addressing Ground Zeroes pricing, not typical marketplace pricing.

RangerBAD

Not four hours for the main mission. It's four hours with the main mission and some of the extra ops being done. That's how it seems worded to me. The thread title might be slightly misleading.

We had four hours of exclusive hands-on time with Ground Zeroes, which we used to play through the main mission and experiment with extra modes.

Also, could imply they finished nothing, but we all knew it was going to be stupid short.

CSX

so assuming that its 4 hours to beat it all and they didnt skip cutscences

We looking at a guess of 1 hr gameplay, 2 hrs cutscenes, 1 hr bonus shit.

...lol

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly none of you guys bought The Document of MGS2 for like $15-20 in 2002 and got fleeced like an expert:

Ha, yeah that was a huge disappointment. They were all just little clips and nothing at all substantial. So stupid.

MercuryLS

Banned

250px-MGS2_Document.jpg

I bought this back when I was MGS crazy. It wasn't too bad for $20.

MGS4 left me cold, so I'm not willing to shell out $30-40 for a 4 hour prologue.

As long as it's got good replay value and you can go back and do things differently and experiment, I have no problem with this.

Top Bottom