• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of the Year so far?

SC:pT without question.

The single greatest and most addicting online mode ever concieved.

When I think about this game's online mode, my anticipation for Halo 2's online mode is severely dashed because I know that cooperation and tactics will never exist in Halo 2 as much as they exist in SC:pT. It is the pinnacle of cooperative online gaming.

After SC:pT my nod goes to NG.

FAR CRY. I still need to finish my Death Race 9000 map. Although I like Team Ninja I just couldn't get myself excited about Ninja Gaiden, I don't have the resolve to trudge through a trail-and-error action game anymore. Shit, I think the only other new game I bought this year was La Pucelle. So Far Cry it is.

ninjagaiden_011504_014.jpg

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Ninja Gaiden so far, easily. Although that'll change once Q4 hits and the big guns come out.

Keio

For a Finer World
Although Unreal Tournament 2004 is very much "just an update", it manages to round up everything that has happened in the 3d twitch shooting genre in the last decade. The basis is very pure, and added to that are loads of mods and good gametypes. 1st Half GOTY, but obviously there are so many potential winners in the 2nd half.

And runners up:

2. Sing Star
3. Metroid Zero Mission

ge-man

Another vote for Ninja Gaiden. I was not a fan of Itagaki until I played this. I still don't care for the DOA games, but I'm hoping Itagaki keeps spreading wings in the action realm--he can certainly make a great action game.

There are few other I think are worth mentioning

Four Sword Adventures--This is what Crystal Chronicles should have been. For the last week or so I've been excited about getting home from work and school so I can play it--and this is just single player. I played two player with my brother over the weekend and it was an immense blast.

Rallisport Challenge 2--This game is just well done. It has a gentle learning curve so it is easy for anyone to get into (although I prefer a steeper curve like F-Zero's). The game is absolutely beautiful and it runs and 60 fps. I haven't played it online but there are enough things to do alone to make the game worthwhile.

I'll try Riddick this weekend and see if my mind changes. Considering all the buzz for the game, it looks the Riddick storyline made for better game than film.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ninja Gaiden for sure.
With FFXI a very close second place.
Riddick and Full Spectrum Warrior were nice too.

bogg

Id have to say UT2K4. I've enjoyed MGS:TTS too. But so far, no game really blew my mind this year (only have a cube and a pc).

jarrod

Banned
Right now it's Zero Mission, though Shining Force comes close. Mario Golf will probably take the top spot in a week. :)

Top Bottom