• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much does HBO pay to have the actresses show their boobage? Cheers to nipples, without them, titties would be pointless.

Seriously though, I found some of the "Sexpositions" funny but distracting from the actual story and character development. Like someone explaining his backstory while he's having sex? Kind of unrealistic and detracts from the overall experience. Too much random sex imo.

Now if anything happens to Tyrion I don't know if I could still watch this show. I do want to see Joffrey slaughtered though and I really want to see Stannis reattempting to take the Iron throne. Battle of Blackwater was pretty cool, although I heard "it wasn't as good as the book" and that they could have used a bigger budget on it but idc I love it all the same.

I can't believe Dany killed Doreah, you heartless bitch. Seriously, anyone else think she's kind of coldhearted and merciless like her father? She had the assassin killed instead of showing mercy, she put her friend and the guy that SAVED them from the desert in a chamber to die of starvation, she watched as her own brother was killed and did nothing (although he did abuse her but still), she's definitely coldhearted and ruthless enough for the Iron Throne, I really hate her.

Tyrion, you're the only one that really deserves the throne, fuck Cersei and Joffrey, they can rot in the seven hells.

As I did last season, I am happy to answer any questions people have via PM. I can do so in complete non-spoiler fashion if requested.

Feel free to add me to the OP for this purpose as well.

dc89

I can't wait. But I'm trying to plow through the book in time. I think I'll just about manage it, so my body will be ready.

I can't wait for this. Just finally watched the series as a whole between December and January, so this will be my first season I will be watching as it airs.

Those week long waits between episodes are going to be tough, that's for sure.

Cobano

Neo Member
Subscribed.

So I just rewatched season 2 on Blu-ray and I am extremely hyped for this. But I still have a question from last season that once again confused me. At the end of the season, we see Theon get knocked out and presumably gets handed to the men Rob sent. After that scene when Rickon and Bran come out from hiding Winterfell has been burned down. That still doesn't make any sense to me. Did I miss some suble hints in the last episode as to why that happened?

(Note that I am not looking for any book spoiler, purely discussing what happened that last episode)

Ruze789

At the end of the season, we see Theon get knocked out and presumably gets handed to the men Rob sent. After that scene when Rickon and Bran come out from hiding Winterfell has been burned down. That still doesn't make any sense to me. Did I miss some suble hints in the last episode as to why that happened?

I'm pretty sure it was because Theon wanted to lead a suicidal charge on the men surrounding Winterfell. The rest of his men didn't want to face certain death, they just wanted to go home so they gave up Theon in exchange for their lives.

Cobano

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure it was because Theon wanted to lead a suicidal charge on the men surrounding Winterfell. The rest of his men didn't want to face certain death, they just wanted to go home so they gave up Theon in exchange for their lives.

I understood that part, I don't understand how they could get away with burning down Winterfell though

I understood that part, I don't understand how they could get away with burning down Winterfell though
That scene plays out a bit differently in the books such that the events surrounding Winterfell being burned down are more clear. I'm going to guess the show will have more this season, making that scene make more sense.

Ruze789

Ahh okay, I think I missed the actual question part of your question.

I don't think you missed anything, they didn't reveal the persons or motivation behind burning it down.

Cobano

Neo Member
Ahh okay, I think I missed the actual question part of your question.

I don't think you missed anything, they didn't reveal the persons or motivation behind burning it down.

Yeah thats what I thought. With Winterfell being surrounded by Robs men it's doesn't make any sense that it was Theons men that burn't it down for two reasons: 1. They would't get away with it, all they wanted to do was to hand over Theon and go back home. I assume they would get slaughtered if they tried burning Winterfell down 2. Robs men could and probably would try to put out the fire if they were still around when that happened.

This will probably get addressed in the first eposide of season 3 though. Just thought it would be fun with some speculation.

big ander

Source? Last season it was up on GO a few minutes after airing time.

He said early, I assume meaning the week before. I don't remember the season 2 premiere being put up on hbo GO early, but iirc a couple times episodes were put up right after the previous episode had just finished airing, so you could watch two new ones in one night but then had to wait two weeks for a new one.

The Daily Beast review (some mild spoilers):
Season 3, which will depict roughly the first half of Martin’s A Storm of Swords, will present Benioff and Weiss with their greatest challenge yet, as both sides attempt to pick up the pieces after the last season’s climactic Battle of the Blackwater. The first four episodes of the new season, provided to critics ahead of its premiere, demonstrate a canny ability to fuse the literary with the visual, resulting in an exhilarating and magnificent thing of beauty, particularly in those scenes that make full use of locations as diverse as Iceland, Croatia, and Morocco.

While Season 3, like the novel on which it is based, takes a little while to get going, when it does pick up speed, it soars—particularly in the sensational third and fourth installments (“Walk of Punishment” and “And Now His Watch Is Ended”), both written by Benioff and Weiss. The first episode back lacks energy and intensity, but provides a necessary foundation off of which to build dozens of separate plots for the scattered characters.

X-Frame

Can someone remind me where things left off for Syrio, the "dancing" teacher? I can't remember if we last saw him in S1 or S2, but I hope we see a lot of him in S3, he is awesome.

Can someone remind me where things left off for Syrio, the "dancing" teacher? I can't remember if we last saw him in S1 or S2, but I hope we see a lot of him in S3, he is awesome.

I believe they never showed it on screen leaving his fate open ended. The wiki says his fate is unknown and they could always use him again some time. It's a shame he only had a wooden sword, he was a master swordsman and if he had a real blade he would have dominated.

I want to know what will happen to Theon, the obvious choice would be for Robb to kill him, but that would be too obvious and too quick. But I didn't see his picture in the main cast, so maybe they do off him in the first episode. Poor Theon.

big ander

Yeah, Syrio is about to take on a handful of Lannister men and he makes Arya leave and that's the last we see of him. that we don't hear anything about him makes it seem like he probably died, but I wouldn't be surprised if we someday saw him as a prisoner or something.

Yeah thats what I thought. With Winterfell being surrounded by Robs men it's doesn't make any sense that it was Theons men that burn't it down for two reasons: 1. They would't get away with it, all they wanted to do was to hand over Theon and go back home. I assume they would get slaughtered if they tried burning Winterfell down 2. Robs men could and probably would try to put out the fire if they were still around when that happened.

This will probably get addressed in the first eposide of season 3 though. Just thought it would be fun with some speculation.

I really hope so, after watching Season 2 on Blu Ray the omission of this detail bothered me more than anything.

X-Frame

I believe they never showed it on screen leaving his fate open ended. The wiki says his fate is unknown and they could always use him again some time. It's a shame he only had a wooden sword, he was a master swordsman and if he had a real blade he would have dominated.

Yeah, Syrio is about to take on a handful of Lannister men and he makes Arya leave and that's the last we see of him. that we don't hear anything about him makes it seem like he probably died, but I wouldn't be surprised if we someday saw him as a prisoner or something.

Okay, that is what I thought I remembered, that his status is currently unknown. I don't see them killing him off-screen, that would really suck, especially for someone as good as him.

Kozak

Banned

My feeling is that it will have something to do with Rob marrying that other chick instead of the girl he was promised too for passage.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welp I goofed in my hope to marathon the seasons...I got 4 more nights and 1 day to marathon 20 episodes...

big ander

Welp I goofed in my hope to marathon the seasons...I got 4 more nights and 1 day to marathon 20 episodes...
Well the nice thing about HBO is the 3rd season episodes are on demand from the second they air, so you could take your time catching up and still have season 3 available to you

X-Frame

You have the whole weekend, totally doable!

I am up to the 8th episode in S1, I started Sunday night. I am not worried that I won't finish before Sunday as I have the weekend.

Re-watching the episodes again is better than the first time in a lot of ways! I'm noticing more things the second time around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO0D87dBmoM

I love that man! Looking forward to the Drive Through. Does Tyrion have that ugly scar on his face for the rest of the series, it's not particularly aesthetically appealing, but it does look badass that's for sure.

I don't find Lena Heady as hot as some people, I really liked Roxanne McKee as Doreah, but then that bitch Daenerys killed her and the guy that saved them from the red waste by locking them away.

I really like Tyrion and Bronn's dialogue and hope he gets the recognition he deserves. Will Tyrion's father, Tywin Lannister, find out Cersei tried to kill her brother, and will he even care?

I hate Joeffry and hope he dies but I'm so excited to see this I just wish it was more than 10 episodes and we didn't have to wait so long in between each season. I hope we get a season 4 to finish book 3, God forbid if this was cancelled I'd do something illegal.

I also want to see some more Jamie Lannister and poor Theon. Will they explain the sacking of Winterfell?

Magnus

Can anyone hook me up with that ridiculous animated GIF from last year, the high-quality one that depicts the entire Blackwater wildfire explosion?

edit-

nvm, found it

iAeQ2KJ7L5Azh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom