• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

Okay so I'm STILL working my way through rewatching the series, and I came upon the scene where Jon meets Ygritte. The guy that Jon had to kill to earn the wildlings trust asks Ygritte why Mance came to the mountains. She doesn't answer. Did we ever get an answer for that? I didn't even notice he assumed they were there for a reason. Don't they just live in that area? The line was: "Why come to the mountains? What's in the frost fangs your king could want?"

They answered it in the season 2 finale - the wildlings are marching on the wall.

I laughed out loud at the Ned Stark bobble-head. So fucked up.

It's approved by the King himself!
GoT_joffrey_approves.gif

Game of Thrones received 17 Emmy nominations!

•Outstanding Drama Series
•Emilia Clarke as Supporting Actress
•Peter Dinklage as Supporting Actor
•Diana Rigg as Guest Actress
•Writing in a Drama series for The Rains of Castamere (David Benioff & D.B. Weiss)
•Art Direction, single camera (Valar Dohaeris, Kissed by Fire)
•Oustanding Casting for a Drama
•Cinematography, single camera (Mhysa)
•Costumes (Walk of Punishment)
•Editing, single camera (The Rains of Castamere)
•Hairstyling, single camera (Second Sons)
•Makeup, single camera, non-prosthetic (Kissed by Fire)
•Makeup, prosthetic (Valar Dohaeris)
•Sound Editing (And Now his Watch is Ended)
•Sound Mixing, one hour (And Now his Watch is Ended)
•Special Visual Effects (Valar Dohaeris)
•Interactive Program for GoT S3 Enhanced Digital Experience

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Game of Thrones received 17 Emmy nominations!

•Outstanding Drama Series
•Emilia Clarke as Supporting Actress
•Peter Dinklage as Supporting Actor
•Diana Rigg as Guest Actress
•Writing in a Drama series for The Rains of Castamere (David Benioff & D.B. Weiss)
•Art Direction, single camera (Valar Dohaeris, Kissed by Fire)
•Oustanding Casting for a Drama
•Cinematography, single camera (Mhysa)
•Costumes (Walk of Punishment)
•Editing, single camera (The Rains of Castamere)
•Hairstyling, single camera (Second Sons)
•Makeup, single camera, non-prosthetic (Kissed by Fire)
•Makeup, prosthetic (Valar Dohaeris)
•Sound Editing (And Now his Watch is Ended)
•Sound Mixing, one hour (And Now his Watch is Ended)
•Special Visual Effects (Valar Dohaeris)
•Interactive Program for GoT S3 Enhanced Digital Experience

Huh? Emilia Clark?Over Michelle Fairley? What?

Is that because of when they were submitted? I ask because Rains is nominated for writing.

see my post above.

edit:
actually you bring up a good point so I may be wrong about why that episode wasn't submitted or if it even was submitted and they opted for Emilia instead.

Vashetti

Banned
Cross-posting from the Emmy thread:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Michelle Fairley not getting nominations for GoT is a travesty.

Dinklage got his award already, and he had little to do this season. Give someone else a chance.

Lothar

Banned
That's weird as hell that Clarke and Dinklage got nominated over Fairley and Nikolaj. Do they even watch the show? Dinklage barely did anything this season.

Kozak

Banned
The guy who plays the Hound deserves an award.

Plays the Hound so well. Such a rough character that you don't know whether he's one of the good guys or bad guys.

Who knew who to root for when it was Beric vs The Hound? I was totally stumped there.. just watching a cool sword fight.

I was wrong before as Michelle was nominated for Rains so anybody's guess as to why Emilia got it over her though Emilia's episode was pretty good too.

I was wrong before as Michelle was nominated for Rains so anybody's guess as to why Emilia got it over her though Emilia's episode was pretty good too.

Not sure how someone watched Michelle in that as a submission episode and not vote for her (against pretty much anything, not just Emilia), but eh, it's nice to see the show's acting getting recognition and there will always be many more great performances than nomination spots.

Dysun

Olenna Rigg and NCW got hosed. Way better performances than Dinklage and Emilia. But stars get nominated, that's to be expected

Ikael

The actors picked for the nomination are a little tad perplexing. This wasn't Emilia's neither Dinklage's best season. And I cannot believe that Michelle Fairley and Charles Dance have yet to be nominated just once.

Pfff, this is so fake and CGI-ish that I don't know how could anyone fall for it. I mean, the Sun? on an English beach? seriously? Totes greenscreen

Emmys are full of old voters who vote on what they're familiar with.

I don't think that's it at all. The amount of plot progression doesn't really relate to the acting. Dinklage killed it this season. All of his scenes with his father and Sansa and honestly his wedding scene is probably what got him the nomination. He was in this season quite a bit.

flippedb

Banned
Charles Dance and Conleth Hill give the best performances on the show, I think.

By far.

Also, I can't understand how they pick such shitty extras. When the camera goes near the slaves from Yunkai (?) after they're set free by Dany, it's truly embarrassing seeing how they're all giggling like schoolgirls.

Nameless

Yeah, a big reason why I find it so hard to root against the Lannisters is because that entire stable of characters is so well acted. Tywin, Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, Joffrey, and even auxiliary/unofficial 'Lannisters' like Varys, Baelish, and Pycelle are all spectacularly portrayed. It's actually kind of absurd.

Mashing

Cross-posting from the Emmy thread:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Michelle Fairley not getting nominations for GoT is a travesty.

Dinklage got his award already, and he had little to do this season. Give someone else a chance.

My thoughts 100%. Fairley should win hands down. Best performance I've seen in a drama in quite some time for Rains of Castamere.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
He has the screen presence of the legends. He's surrounded by world class talent in pretty much every scene of the show, yet he chews the camera like no other. He's one regal motherfucker.

That scene right after the Battle of Blackwater, when he enters the throne room riding his horse... chills, man, chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom