• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I am laughing way too much at this

tumblr_mnywu9NpQr1rq0vh7o2_500.gif

tumblr_mnywu9NpQr1rq0vh7o1_r1_500.gif

That's a great scene. But maybe a little too much foreshadowing? Could that be the reason why they cut it?

Was it ever made clear in the books that Pycelles behavior is a mere act?

At Comic-Con Dan Weiss said they really liked the scene, but it was cut simply because they couldn't find a place where it fit well in an episode.

Ogni-XR21

That's a great scene. But maybe a little too much foreshadowing? Could that be the reason why they cut it?

Was it ever made clear in the books that Pycelles behavior is a mere act?

It was made quite clear in the show too. Don't know which episode but there was a scene where he talked to a whore after they were done and once she had left he was out of his act...

Tommen Baratheon recast.

Dean-Charles-Chapman-240x300.jpg

It looks as though King Joffrey’s little brother may be a lot older when we see him next on Game of Thrones.

According to our sources, the role of Prince Tommen Baratheon has been recast for season 4 and will now be played by Dean-Charles Chapman. Chapman starred in The Revolting World of Stanley Brown, appears in the upcoming film Before I Go To Sleep, and was seen most recently on The White Queen, playing Richard Grey. The choice of Chapman for Tommen may be surprising to some as he previously appeared on GoT playing Martyn Lannister, one of the imprisoned squires killed by the Karstarks in season 3.

Healthy skepticism when it comes to rumors is always good, but I'm 99.9% sure this one is true. Our sources are very reliable.

The point is that is hasn't been confirmed. If it hasn't been confirmed, it doesn't matter how reliable a source is, it should still be stated that it hasn't been confirmed.

Chopper

Seems like Daario's been recast as well, Joffrey's little brother or The Mountain is one thing but this is going to be the first really noticeable recast. Michiel Huisman is replacing Ed Skrein for the 4th season:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-books-treme-alum-616705

Edit: Found a comparison pick if anyone's interested:

gotweird.jpg
There was something weirdly distracting about the way that guy looked. He looked like he stepped out of an aftershave advert or something. If he's due to be a major character moving forward, I don't mind another actor taking over the role! I wonder what the actual reason is though.

Kozak

Banned
There was something weirdly distracting about the way that guy looked. He looked like he stepped out of an aftershave advert or something. If he's due to be a major character moving forward, I don't mind another actor taking over the role! I wonder what the actual reason is though.

Then I'd have to say he was the perfect actor then :(

Sucks that he was recast. Despite missing blue hair and whiskers he was a damn good pick for Daario.

Yeah that's pretty damn weird. I really don't like the idea of such a major character being recast. But that's the problem with an adaptation like this, you can't really do something like kill off a character or write them out of the story just because an actor is moving on/ died/ is a problem/ etc.

He looked like Casper Van Dien.

Showaddy

damn. recasting is the worst. Especially when its already so hard to keep up with some of the characters on this show

I don't know if you'll find many people complaining about this one, poor Ian Whyte tried his best but he was way to skinny compared to Conan Stevens. Ser Gregor's supposed to be an absolute monster but he looked like a generic solider in season 2...

Edit: Found a picture of the guy with Schwarzenegger, pretty cool :D

damn. recasting is the worst. Especially when its already so hard to keep up with some of the characters on this show

Let's be honest, the Daario recasting is the only one that's going to be noticeable for the masses.

Prince Tommen - A background character so far.

The Mountain - One biggish scene early in season 1. Background in season 2.

Daario has actually had a fairly big role in Season 3, at least big enough audiences will notice the casting.

Curufinwe

I finally got done watching the first two seasons on NetFlix DVD, but now the wait to buy Season 3 on DVD and watch Season 4 already seems interminable.

I only began watching Game of Thrones this year when FIOS gave me HBO for free during Spring. And I probably only watched two thirds of the season because I would change the channel when characters came on that I had no idea about or things got a bit boring. Then by the final couple of episodes I was totally hooked and cursing myself for not getting on the GoT train earlier. Maybe instead of buying Season 3 on disc I'll just subscribe to HBO next March and then I can catch up with the parts I missed on HBO Go before the first episode of Season 4 airs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom