• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh.
[ACoK]
Does he end up doing much in A Clash of Kings other than being around when other things happen? I'm curious how much of him we'll end up seeing before a few major incidents towards the back end of the season. He very rarely got screen time in S1, and I don't know how much more he'll get in S2...

ACOK
the only thing Rickon does before the end of the book is get hit with a stick by the Frey wards who aren't even in the show now.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
These things will be in the wild by tonight. :(

Like others said it's unlikely, and if it happened I dunno why it's worthy of a ":("

I'd love to watch one or two early. I'd hardly feel bad about it considering I pay for HBO anyway.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Like others said it's unlikely, and if it happened I dunno why it's worthy of a ":("

I'd love to watch one or two early. I'd hardly feel bad about it considering I pay for HBO anyway.
The ":(" is because I don't want to watch them early or see descriptions somewhere by accident.

the only screeners ive ever heard of leaking are from showtime

and there seems to be debate over whether its intentional
Yeah, I think those are intentional given how consistently they're out, plus they're usually high quality.

Personally, I wouldn't bother if it was an SD copy with a fat watermark over it, but I can see how it's tempting.

Iksenpets

Banned
You know, I do think the whole Greyjoy thingis a bit of a spoiler. Not blaming you Cornballer, but HBO marketing mostly. Choose your house?
At this point many viewers who have never read the books assume that Theon is basically Robb's best friend and suddenly there he is in the Greyjoy trailers talking about becoming a king.

Now after the first episode or two it will make sense, but I suppose I can where some people have been upset by it.

ACoK spoiler
Theon eventually becoming King of the Iron Islands is part of his and Robb's plan from the very beginning of ACoK. It's pretty much one of the first things to happen in the season. If that's a spoiler, then Renly and Stannis crowning themselves is a spoiler, too. Unless you're on a complete media blackout, the fact that House Greyjoy has a significant role in season 2 is pretty obvious.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
edit: nevermind, I misunderstood what was written, crisis averted. thank you based god.

bengraven

Theon eventually becoming King of the Iron Islands is part of his and Robb's plan from the very beginning of ACoK, even while he's still loyal to Robb. It's pretty much one of the first things to happen in the season. If that's a spoiler, then Renly and Stannis crowning themselves is a spoiler, too. Unless you're on a complete media blackout, the fact that House Greyjoy has a significant role in season 2 is pretty obvious.

I think it's hype on a curve.

Stannis, Renly are revealed and "that's enough for me for now!" and they go on blackout. Then the Greyjoys pop up and they're like "I didn't know that, spoiler!"

I'm not sure how that mind works. I am not one of them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hooooooooly shit at the spoiler on post 555 on this page, never nonchalantly clicking anything not adequately tagged again. I was so lucky until now. T_____T

I only read half of the first sentence but fuck. Can someone tell me if that spoiler was for AFFC or ADWD?
What he posted is from ACoK but I don't remember that specifically.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What he posted is from ACoK but I don't remember that specifically.
Yeah, I decided to reread it and I somehow misunderstood the first sentence completely as something that was going to be revealed later on. Whew!

AngryMoth

Given the size of Gaf's audience and cultural significance, I feel we are entitled to a few copies of those screeners. I'll happily volunteer myself as envoy and write up impressions ;)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm working my way through my pre-season 2 rewatch. This is obviously a nitpick, but I hope they get the music sync in the credits sequence right this season. Compare Episode 1 to Episode 7 or so, and when they added new locations they had to add a bunch of extra beats to the music that really mess it up in my opinion. I'm not a composer or anything but it seems like a really avoidable thing to me, and I hope this season they're all the episode 1 version.

Critics starting to watch the screeners:
Televisionary said:
The first two episodes of S2 #GameofThrones are very, very strong indeed. Some spellbinding, heart-pounding stuff. I've missed this world.

Also:

- Via Westeros.org: Luck Jokes Do Not Thrill HBO’s Michael Lombardo

The Game of Thrones tidbit:
HBO's President of programming said:
We don’t monetize each of our shows the same way. Shows like Game of Thrones and True Blood are quite successful financially, and that allows us to experiment and take risks.
Damn it feels good to be a Lannister.

lol
tumblr_m178loLiQi1rro0w9o1_500.gif

They starting a campaign to get the peach in the show.

mf.luder

This is a very, very dumb question but will this season be extrapolated entirely from the second book? I haven't finished the first one yet and was curious.

This is a very, very dumb question but will this season be extrapolated entirely from the second book? I haven't finished the first one yet and was curious.

Not entirely. There will be some stuff from the third book, and it's assumed that some events in the second book will be pushed to the third season.

Apparently some book3 content is being moved up and some book2 stuff moved out for later - if not entirely. Then there is the bits that the writers created specifically for the show - like Ros - that will continue as well.

EDIT: Dammit. Beaten like Sansa.

Something interesting I noticed on IMDB (ACOK spoilers)
Sean Bean is listed as credited for episode 10 of season 2. House of the Undying perhaps?

Rewatching a bit of "You Win or You Die". Tywin cutting up the stag is scary stuff. Great bit of casting with Charles Dance in that role. Jon's hissy fit after not being named Ranger is amusing.
Yeah I figured that's a possibility, still thought it was interesting though.
Intriguing possibility, certainly.

oh man, oh man

You've either ruined my favorite scene from S1, or made it 10 times better. I can't tell

Ten times better, definitely.

And I just found out that it was apparently Galbart Glover, not just some random extra. That line, however, was still very much unscripted. And amazing.

Azrael

There may not be one. The S1 one intro could have just been a series intro instead of a season intro. Though, I hope we get one each season.

If we do, then perhaps it's going to be
the Burning of the Seven scene?

One of the critics said someone dies in the first few seconds of the first episode. Doesn't sound like the Prologue to me. I'd have to guess then the very first scene will be the Red Wastes.

Ten times better, definitely.

And I just found out that it was apparently Galbart Glover, not just some random extra. That line, however, was still very much unscripted. And amazing.

Galbert Glover, the unmarried guy some whisper about as well? This is getting better and better.

Rimfya

Banned
I read the second book after watching the first TV season.

It's too weird.

I have the world imagined in my head from the show, but NONE of the new characters look how I picture them. Total bizarro world happening in my brain.

It's too weird.

I have the world imagined in my head from the show, but NONE of the new characters look how I picture them. Total bizarro world happening in my brain.

I know, right? Asha is so much hotter than I was expecting.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

It's too weird.

I'm glad I never read the books until I saw the season 1 promo material. I enjoyed reading through it with the actors in my head. In the later books I tried not to form a mental image and I'd just fill it in when I saw the actor. That worked for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom