• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 8 |OT| A Song of Icy and Fiery Fandom

NickFire

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about different ways Cersei gets involved in Episode 3. Curious to see what they went with.

Also, in EP2, wouldn’t it have been perfect for Jon to tell Dany “I don’t want the iron throne, I just want the north, and you,” and put a pin in this potential conflict? Jon doesn’t seem like an Iron Throne Kind of Guy anyway. They can keep their secret and coexist just fine imo.
Oh gosh no. She's his aunt.

Putting conflict aside to focus on the dead, sure. But as hot as she is, she is his aunt. That's just eeeewwwww.

At the end, I think Snow will not want to challenge her, but Sansa and others will challenge her for him. That's my guess.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Kinda off top but if they survive....can the dragon breed?

Rhaegal and Drogon are both male? No female dragon around?

If they cant....theyre bound to extinct?

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Kinda off top but if they survive....can the dragon breed?

Rhaegal and Drogon are both male? No female dragon around?

If they cant....theyre bound to extinct?

giphy.gif

One last thing I’ll add:

If this just really comes down to luring the Night King to Bran and stabbing him dragonglass to end the whole thing, that will feel a little cheap imo. I hope there’s a lot more to it than that.

If the Night King and his army were that vulnerable (all die if he dies, and just needs a dragonglass arrow to destroy him) I feel like he wouldn’t have been nearly as visible as he has been. I mean yes, he does remain on the back line most of the time but he’s straight up walked forward into conflict a couple times (outside the tree, when he killed the old three eyed raven, and when they had the crew surrounded in season 7, I mean at one point he was directly in front of Jon and I thought Jon was gonna charge him with his Valyrian steel sword and end it right there). I’m just saying, if it’s gonna take is one piece but of dragonglass/v-Steel to destroy the entire dead army I feel like the motherfucker would always be surrounded by a wall of protection

I dunno. I just feel like it needs to be more than just a Bran Trap ambush. I’m sure it will be.

Kadayi

Banned
One last thing I’ll add:

If this just really comes down to luring the Night King to Bran and stabbing him dragonglass to end the whole thing, that will feel a little cheap imo. I hope there’s a lot more to it than that.

If the Night King and his army were that vulnerable (all die if he dies, and just needs a dragonglass arrow to destroy him) I feel like he wouldn’t have been nearly as visible as he has been. I mean yes, he does remain on the back line most of the time but he’s straight up walked forward into conflict a couple times (outside the tree, when he killed the old three eyed raven, and when they had the crew surrounded in season 7, I mean at one point he was directly in front of Jon and I thought Jon was gonna charge him with his Valyrian steel sword and end it right there). I’m just saying, if it’s gonna take is one piece but of dragonglass/v-Steel to destroy the entire dead army I feel like the motherfucker would always be surrounded by a wall of protection

I dunno. I just feel like it needs to be more than just a Bran Trap ambush. I’m sure it will be.

TBH I'm not sure stabbing him with Dragonglass will kill him. He was created using enchanted Dragonglass by the children of the forest. If anything I suspect that particular shard needs to be removed to kill him.

norinrad

One last thing I’ll add:

It would be like Like Skywalker findy out about the dude in the mask. Lol

Airbus Jr

Banned
TBH I'm not sure stabbing him with Dragonglass will kill him. He was created using enchanted Dragonglass by the children of the forest. If anything I suspect that particular shard needs to be removed to kill him.

If Drogon and Rhaegal roast and tear him together into pieces dont you think it can solve the problem?

I just watched it a second time and I appreciated Tormund more the second viewing. He really steals the scenes he’s in this episode.

I guess all the interactions and “bow tying” this episode mean a bunch of people are gonna die soon. I’m almost anxious to watch this weekend

pr0cs

One last thing I’ll add:

If this just really comes down to luring the Night King to Bran and stabbing him dragonglass to end the whole thing, that will feel a little cheap imo.
I'm still of the online theory that he's skipped winterfell altogether and is already headed south to kings landing. I suppose I subscribe to this theory since I haven't seen him in any ending of ep2 or preview for ep3 either.
The fight to me is just the dregs of his army while he just heads south to the capital

I just watched it a second time and I appreciated Tormund more the second viewing. He really steals the scenes he’s in this episode.

I guess all the interactions and “bow tying” this episode mean a bunch of people are gonna die soon. I’m almost anxious to watch this weekend
Can’t wait to see my favorite characters die! 😊

At this point there are a bunch of characters who have completed their arch. They are on borrowed time.

The Big Woman, Jamie, The Hound, Theon... I all expect to die next episode.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Dragons can change their gender at will.

Confirmed by GRRM they can do this?

Will be a very awkward moment for Rhaegal and Drogon

From best bro for life into shagging and humping each other😆

This will be even more weirder and awkward than Jamie-Cersei/Craster-his daughter/Jon-Danny relationship😆

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I've never heard that dragons can change gender. There is a strong theory that there are many more pertified dragon eggs under Storm's End (?, wherever Stannis was ruling from). Maybe the final scene is all of them hatching and dragons rule the earth?

I'm more ticked that there was all this R'hollor "Lord of Light" nonsense that doesn't look like it is going to go anywhere. Maybe Beric goes full-Paladin and dies in a blaze of glory (heh heh) but it looks like DnD are just gonna drop it all. Have they even mentioned the Azor Ahai stuff or Melisandre? Maybe she shows up as a Deux ex machina to save the day.

norinrad

The scene with Arya, the hound and Beric was very nice. Arya for all her flaws had made many powerful friends along the way. I wonder if Jaegen will also show up to help.

greyshark

I've never heard that dragons can change gender. There is a strong theory that there are many more pertified dragon eggs under Storm's End (?, wherever Stannis was ruling from). Maybe the final scene is all of them hatching and dragons rule the earth?

I'm more ticked that there was all this R'hollor "Lord of Light" nonsense that doesn't look like it is going to go anywhere. Maybe Beric goes full-Paladin and dies in a blaze of glory (heh heh) but it looks like DnD are just gonna drop it all. Have they even mentioned the Azor Ahai stuff or Melisandre? Maybe she shows up as a Deux ex machina to save the day.

I could see Melisandre showing up after they lose at Winterfell to help give them a new hope.

greyshark

They’ve been building up the Night King as the final boss for the whole series - no way that he goes down so quickly. I think Cersei will come around and help them defeat NK at the end.

I feel dumb as fuck, I had been operating under the false pretense that this would be 7 episodes just like last season.

Damn so we only got FOUR left????

Damn

It feels like in a perfect world we could have gotten a whole season or half a season devoted just to The Great War and then with the final conflict with Cersei

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Latest Gay of Thrones Recap: -

Ozzy man Recap: -

Emergency Awesome Trailer Episode 3 Trailer Breakdown: -

BlueAlpaca

I don't think the night king will skip winterfell and head to king's landing as some are saying, Melisandre talked of a vision where she sees winterfell burning and Jon snow fighting in the fire. I see two possibilities:

1) the good guys defeat the night king and then fight Cersei.

2) they lose and retreat and fight the night king again with Cersei. This is my guess.

As for the iron throne, I think the book 7 title 'a time for wolves' might have given it away. No way Cersei stays on it after all this conflict and build-up. I read somewhere that Martin said he doesn't like conquerors so Danny's arc won't turn out well - her winning the throne is just too predictable, or at least without massive cost.

I don't think the night king will skip winterfell and head to king's landing as some are saying, Melisandre talked of a vision where she sees winterfell burning and Jon snow fighting in the fire. I see two possibilities:

1) the good guys defeat the night king and then fight Cersei.

2) they lose and retreat and fight the night king again with Cersei. This is my guess.

As for the iron throne, I think the book 7 title 'a time for wolves' might have given it away. No way Cersei stays on it after all this conflict and build-up. I read somewhere that Martin said he doesn't like conquerors so Danny's arc won't turn out well - her winning the throne is just too predictable, or at least without massive cost.
I don’t see a situation with #2 that doesn’t feel super rushed.

Jon Neu

Banned
Confirmed by GRRM they can do this?

Will be a very awkward moment for Rhaegal and Drogon

From best bro for life into shagging and humping each other😆

This will be even more weirder and awkward than Jamie-Cersei/Craster-his daughter/Jon-Danny relationship😆

I think I remember GRRM confirming it, but it’s also said by Maester Aemon.

On Braavos, it had seemed possible that Aemon might recover. Xhondo's talk of dragons had almost seemed to restore the old man to himself. That night he ate every bite Sam put before him. "No one ever looked for a girl," he said. "It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar, I thought . . . the smoke was from the fire that devoured Summerhall on the day of his birth, the salt from the tears shed for those who died. He shared my belief when he was young, but later he became persuaded that it was his own son who fulfilled the prophecy, for a comet had been seen above King's Landing on the night Aegon was conceived, and Rhaegar was certain the bleeding star had to be a comet. What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years. Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it."

Atrus

Gold Member
I would assume the Night King has more to him that what we have already seen. We'll hopefully find out in the next episode.

I'm going with the head vampire rules of engagement. What kills the minions easily will not hurt or at best, slightly inconvenience the leader.

Someone will die thinking the Obsidian or Valaryan blades will kill him, or worse is that he shatters Valaryan steel as easily as his White Walkers do to normal steel and someone dies proving it.

MetalAlien

Banned
All hell is going to break loose when the Krull Fire Mares ride right through the White Walkers!!!

er.. spoilers I guess.

I have nothing to add really but I just thought the Fire Mares would be awesome way to end this!

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
I feel dumb as fuck, I had been operating under the false pretense that this would be 7 episodes just like last season.

Damn so we only got FOUR left????

Damn

It feels like in a perfect world we could have gotten a whole season or half a season devoted just to The Great War and then with the final conflict with Cersei

You know the four left had the duration of like 6 normal episodes?

I think they constricted the number of episodes so they don't have to py that much for the actors. Some of them are already in the 1 million per episode and this show has too many actors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom