• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Pass is hurting day one software sales on Xbox could this push publishers & devs away from Xbox Scarlett or will they wait it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PocoJoe

Banned
Game pass also hurts ps4 sales. (For some games)

After I heard that outer world is 1$ or whatever for xbox, I will not pay More than 10 for ps4. And few of my friends think the same.

It just literally means that devs think their game is worthless shit, so why would I pay for it if they dont believe in it?

That I clicked reply at that moment doesn't mean I hadn't seen the page earlier than that. Duh. But again I said "or I misread" and didn't insist or accuse you of doing anything like that in later posts. So I don't know why you're frustrated enough to go back to that point a day later. How does a back water dwelling poor guy like me leave such a lasting impression to you, lol. I guess not-broke people like you have a lot of free time on their hands. Enough to take screenshots when you can just say "the timestamps, man", lol ? In the very post you screenshot I said kFC isn't even popular or have much of a presence here now you want to put me down for eating KFC, lmao. I mean, first you put down back water countries that aren't the USA apparently, now you want to say anyone who goes to KFC is equally back water? That'd put plenty fellow Americans of yours in the same, er, bucket (ha!) so you basically just said the USA is back water by your own "logic"? Dang. But lol @ trying to put me or anyone else down for being "broke"or "poor" anyway. Keep digging.

The first step to overcoming poverty is accepting the reality and seriousness of the situation you're in. Being a poor shit that has to eat heart-attack inducing food just to get by is not a laughing matter. You're cutting your life short, it's not fucking funny dude. Once the reality of your situation sets in, then you can take steps to dig yourself out.

State of mind is a big part of becoming successful. Poor people stay poor because they think poor.

Last edited:
You edited your post after i replied...

The bolded is where you are mistaken. The revenue isnt gone in a blackhole somewhere. Devs are paid for the content. You're mistaking a sale of a game as certain. Gamepass is simply a guranteed amount of income vs potential income.

Lets say you have a game that cost $10 to make.

For the sake of this sceario we will say Gamepass is $1.

Microsoft comes to you and says hey we want to put Game X on the service. We will pay you $7.

Originally you needed $11 to make a profit, but now you only need $4. DO you take the money or do you say well we think we can make more without it. Thats up to you. And thats how the deals are structured.

And for Microsoft to be profitable they need only $8. They only have $5 from subscribers now, but they are betting on yoor content bringing in more subscribers. If they can get 4 more subscribers they they are in the black.

I cant break it down nay more than this. If you cant see how this isnt profitable theres nothing that will.

Sounds about right. Even if they cant ever break even or make profit they get more market share and people have tons of games to play. Sounds all cool to me. I actually wonder how many subs gamepass has.

Last edited:

After I heard that outer world is 1$ or whatever for xbox, I will not pay More than 10 for ps4. And few of my friends think the same.

It just literally means that devs think their game is worthless shit, so why would I pay for it if they dont believe in it?

Then all games we buy on sales are worthless shit too right? Whether its retail or digital? Games could in theory be way way more expenssive then even the asked retail price of 60USD. But 60 USD is kind of established. So me personally seeing a really well made game for a fraction of its retail price just makes me happy. In theory all studios and publishers could pass the production costs of games more onto the players? Im glad they are not doing it. So buying The Outer Worlds for 60 bucks sounds really reasonable to me. In fact: Im actually gonna buy the ps4 copy even tho I can play the game with gamepass. Also you dont really own the game when you have it on gamepass. You only can play it as long as you have the sub active. So paying 60 bucks for a retail game still has a value. Thats why we all pay 60 bucks for it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The bottom line is this-

If Sony do it, it’s brave, wise and a smart move.

If MS do it, it’s stupid, they are doomed and it won’t make money.

And you can apply that to anything. Games, hardware, services... Anything.

Let’s not beat around the bush and let’s just call a spade a spade.

So it would have been stupid and doomed for MS to release games as good as God of War, Horizon, and Spidey this gen? I doubt it.

I really don't think this stuff is as complicated as it is being made out to be here. Just release good games. They haven't done that this gen, and their hardware stunk and was overpriced. They got their ass kicked this gen. I don't think the solution to the problems of this gen is to give their expensive games to people who bought a 3-year subscription for $1. I think it is highly optimistic to the point of fanciful to expect MS will come out of this with a massively profitable service that has millions of people spending way more than they would have otherwise. I absolutely could be wrong, but just because MS has some people who did research and swear it's the case doesn't mean anything right now.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The first step to overcoming poverty is accepting the reality and seriousness of the situation you're in. Being a poor shit that has to eat heart-attack inducing food just to get by is not a laughing matter. You're cutting your life short, it's not fucking funny dude. Once the reality of your situation sets in, then you can take steps to dig yourself out.

State of mind is a big part of becoming successful. Poor people stay poor because they think poor.
You're so triggered it's funny. Nice dodge there though, you respond by not responding. Keep digging. Now I'm not just poor but apparently live in poverty. Must have my priorities totally straight to be online and maintain a thread about VR on GAF, lol. Well, you're not worth more of a man's time, poor or otherwise, anyway. So long.

Pallas

Do you meant $350 per month? Of course.
Ask Ford if they can lease you these 2 cars at way less that that per month.

Microsoft is leasing you games for $1 a month(or more if you didn’t get the special) which new AAA games on release are $60.

While car dealerships are leasing cars for $300+ a month depending on the car, which are what? $25k-$30K plus?

It’s the same thing basically. Just different price ranges.

Let’s not forget that this $1 deal won’t last forever and Microsoft has already came out with Gamepass ultimate that bundles gold and GP. The concern trolling is hilarious, by the way.

a silly argument to say Gamepass will crash the industry.

When people start complaining about getting games for cheaper. “Devs don’t value the game, so I’m not going to get it, even if it’s $1 because I can’t get it on my console for that price” You sound pretty salty and entitled. Because Obsidian obviously didn’t value a game that’s currently at an 86 on metacritic for the PS4( ironically it’s a 85 rating for the Xbox one)

Let’s not forget that Microsoft now owns Obsidian and the IP so that’s another reason it’s on Gamepass.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned

I bought the PS4 version for $50 at Wal Mart. I think people who buy the game anywhere besides Wal Mart are wasting $10.

I remember back in the day when I was paying $50 for SNES and N64 games at Wal Mart and thinking that was normal. Years later i found out that people were paying $70 or more for these games at places like Toys R Us.

I bought the PS4 version for $50 at Wal Mart. I think people who buy the game anywhere besides Wal Mart are wasting $10.

I remember back in the day when I was paying $50 for SNES and N64 games at Wal Mart and thinking that was normal. Years later i found out that people were paying $70 or more for these games at places like Toys R Us.

My local Wal-Mart sells games for 60... unless that's the special deluxe editions or whatever the Hell... sometimes they have roll back but usually not right at release. BTW, I'm one of the people they lost a sale on due to Gamepass, I have Gamepass for PC (which is even cheaper than the already cheap XBONE version) and can't see why I'd pay full price for a game I can just play on here.

Zog

Banned
My local Wal-Mart sells games for 60... unless that's the special deluxe editions or whatever the Hell... sometimes they have roll back but usually not right at release. BTW, I'm one of the people they lost a sale on due to Gamepass, I have Gamepass for PC (which is even cheaper than the already cheap XBONE version) and can't see why I'd pay full price for a game I can just play on here.

I thought all Wal Mart's were now selling games at a discount. $40 games are now $32 and $60 games are now $50. This is across all consoles. These aren't sale prices, they are regular prices. I need to take a picture the next time I am there.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Subscription is a completely different sales model. You cannot compare traditional purchases to subs in any meaningful way. Like most sub services, it is a long play and is absolutely going to lose money up front.

Griffon

Gamepass is the new bundle (as in the new race to the bottom).

Early devs will make good profits because MS wants to get the ball rolling and pays generously, but after that they'll stop being so generous and nobody will make any money (except MS).

Just look at those indie bundles. The bundle companies are doing fine, but the devs that give them the content aren't making jack shit.

quest

Not Banned from OT
No.

Gamepass will colapse... I just used gaming industry as metaphor lol

I'm waiting Toyota renting cars at $100 per month... it will go bankrupt.
151 a month for a Tacoma close enough? Those crazy people at leasehackr have found crazy taco deals this fall.

You're so triggered it's funny. Nice dodge there though, you respond by not responding. Keep digging. Now I'm not just poor but apparently live in poverty. Must have my priorities totally straight to be online and maintain a thread about VR on GAF, lol. Well, you're not worth more of a man's time, poor or otherwise, anyway. So long.

whoosh

vpance

Then all games we buy on sales are worthless shit too right? Whether its retail or digital? Games could in theory be way way more expenssive then even the asked retail price of 60USD. But 60 USD is kind of established. So me personally seeing a really well made game for a fraction of its retail price just makes me happy. In theory all studios and publishers could pass the production costs of games more onto the players? Im glad they are not doing it. So buying The Outer Worlds for 60 bucks sounds really reasonable to me. In fact: Im actually gonna buy the ps4 copy even tho I can play the game with gamepass. Also you dont really own the game when you have it on gamepass. You only can play it as long as you have the sub active. So paying 60 bucks for a retail game still has a value. Thats why we all pay 60 bucks for it.

MS is trying to devalue games as incentive to convert regular users into paid subs. Lowering the cost of entry basically. I guess this is pretty attractive for the buy 1 or 2 games a year gamer?

They lost the unit sales wars so this would seem to be the next best option at keeping Xbox as a competitive platform. At least until the end of next gen.

Early devs will make good profits because MS wants to get the ball rolling and pays generously, but after that they'll stop being so generous and nobody will make any money (except MS).

Just look at those indie bundles. The bundle companies are doing fine, but the devs that give them the content aren't making jack shit.

So it's like a pyramid scheme then.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Except it's not. Game Pass's profit distribution model hinges entirely on verified user interactions - X amount of money for X amount of gameplay time, calculated as a percentage.

You could argue that MS might try and lure devs into the program and then stiff them later - in which case the developers will pull out of the ecosystem and the subscription service will likely collapse. Not that I'd put it past Microsoft to make such a dumb decision, but I'm guessing they have enough wherewithall to keep this floating long-term.

MS is trying to devalue games as incentive to convert regular users into paid subs. Lowering the cost of entry basically. I guess this is pretty attractive for the buy 1 or 2 games a year gamer?

They lost the unit sales wars so this would seem to be the next best option at keeping Xbox as a competitive platform. At least until the end of next gen.

So it's like a pyramid scheme then.

Interesting point of view. Well they definetly lost in terms of "sold units". But I wouldnt say they are actively trying to devalue games as a whole...Or pricing for games I should rather say. Retail games will not just vanish from earth even if the whole industry is releasing games only or also on a subscription based platform. Same for the 60 USD pricetag on retail games. If its AAA its going to be 60 bucks no matter what. Lowering the cost of entry in my opinion is a good thing. Just because we spend less money on games doesent mean we would buy less. Maybe we would even buy more? Same for gamepass. People tend to play more of any game or in general if you get more for your money. This is good. There are definetly people that only buy 1 or 2 games a year whether digital or retail.

But to put it into to perspective: "subscribers are playing 40% more games -- including titles outside the Game Pass catalogue" (message from ID@Xbox lead Agostino Simonetta)

So this is really interesting data.

pr0cs

but after that they'll stop being so generous and nobody will make any money (except MS).
You know this how? Don't suppose you have the winning lottery numbers on hand as well do you?
220px-Carnac.jpg

renzolama

My concern for first party subscription models like Game Pass is that it incentivizes a quantity over quality strategy. Imagine all the people you've seen saying stuff like '[latest ms first party game] wasn't great but I got it for $2 on game pass so it's a great deal!' If you want to sell a subscription then you need to have the most, not the best.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
My concern for first party subscription models like Game Pass is that it incentivizes a quantity over quality strategy. Imagine all the people you've seen saying stuff like '[latest ms first party game] wasn't great but I got it for $2 on game pass so it's a great deal!' If you want to sell a subscription then you need to have the most, not the best.
To get to their desired price point it will take quality that will be the incentive. If the games stink they will have to continue the give aways. If they improve the quality they can get people to bite at the 9.99 a month. If their new and old studios can put out what we saw from Outer Worlds people will pay it. If we go back to crack down 3 and state of decay it is giving it away at losing money.

Pachi72

If you think Gamepass is hurting the industry then explain PSN NOW, Stadia and future streaming from SONY and MS? If it did hurt it then why are they all going forward with this?

If you think Gamepass is hurting the industry then explain PSN NOW, Stadia and future streaming from SONY and MS? If it did hurt it then why are they all going forward with this?
10 dollars a month for game pass is fine. It is the 1 dollar a month that is the problem.

PS Now is profitable, so on that end there is no issue. We don't know Stadia is profitable yet until it releases.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
10 dollars a month for game pass is fine. It is the 1 dollar a month that is the problem.

PS Now is profitable, so on that end there is no issue. We don't know Stadia is profitable yet until it releases.
Why is it a problem if MS wants to subsidize GP subs for gamers. They got the money to float it.

Nydius

This thread is timely, at least for me. I couldn't help but ponder how Game Pass works from the developer side while playing Outer Worlds. This was a game I had been interested in and had considered budgeting paying full price for -- until it was announced as a Game Pass title. I'm about to complete my second playthrough and I'll probably never play it much again afterward. So that's one sale they're not getting from me.

Which made me start to wonder how much they're being subsidized by Microsoft to put a brand new, $60 game, up on Game Pass, day one. It has to be enough to offset the amount of money they expect to make in sales. Or do they play a medium/long game where people like myself (gamers who plow through content quickly) are outliers and they bet on people still wanting to play the game when it's delisted from the Game Pass service a few months down the line, pushing them into a later purchase?

Edit: And I'm a 'tard and forgot that Xbox Games Studios bought Obsidian. But I'm still genuinely curious how these contracts are structured for non-Microsoft companies which put their games up on Game Pass. It'll be one of those things I'll never know though as I doubt they'll ever divulge such details.

Last edited:
I love Game Pass. The amount of free games you get is spectacular. I don't need to buy a game or a subscription anymore. How they make a profit on these free games every month is beyond me? Especially when you add in the free Games with Gold.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I love Game Pass. The amount of free games you get is spectacular. I don't need to buy a game or a subscription anymore. How they make a profit on these free games every month is beyond me? Especially when you add in the free Games with Gold.
Well think about it, let’s say they have 2 million full paying subscribers at £7.99 that’s nearly 16 mill a month. That’s a lot of cash to split between the developers of games

am guess there are a lot more subscribers I just using that as an example

Last edited:
But why? What are you loosing as a customer?

I am a Gamepass Ultimate subscriber and I love the fact to have Microsofts titles as d1. Its the best thing they have done in years.

this, it's fucking awesome the Ultimate Game pass and the price is ridicolous, if you buy two triple A titles in one year you have already repaid the whole subscription.

12Dannu123

If Microsoft uses big money to bankrupt competitors by subsidising GP, why would anyone care, its capitalism. If a business can't compete against other competitors, they should rightfully deserve to be bankrupt.

The only reason why people are up in arms about Game Pass is because fanboys are jealous that GP has good deals and is consumer friendly and they know that Sony is Never survive directly competing against GP with the same business model.

If Microsoft uses big money to bankrupt competitors by subsidising GP, why would anyone care, its capitalism. If a business can't compete against other competitors, they should rightfully deserve to be bankrupt.

The only reason why people are up in arms about Game Pass is because fanboys are jealous that GP has good deals and is consumer friendly and they know that Sony is Never survive directly competing against GP with the same business model.
If Sony had a service that was exactly like Gamepass, I would totally subscribe. It's a bit of a no-brainer as far as value goes. They have a lot of exclusives that I would like to play and if I could play them Day 1 I'd be all over that shit.

Last edited:

mejin

But Playstation is killing Xbox in reality.

Sacred

Sony already has it with PS Now. Lots of games. And you can download it.

The only thing missing from PS Now is first party games getting added on launch date. They've already added lots of first party games, but they are a year out, which makes the sub service more like EA Access which have the latest games coming out 8-10 months after launch.

If PS Now or EA Access ever get launch games on the service as day one access, it's basically Game Pass.

PS now is terrible, the connection has to be perfect all the time to play on PC. Constant stutters, disconnects, and visual downgrades. Streaming console quality games is just not achievable currently. Gamepass letting you download the games and play natively is why the service is so successful.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This thread is timely, at least for me. I couldn't help but ponder how Game Pass works from the developer side while playing Outer Worlds. This was a game I had been interested in and had considered budgeting paying full price for -- until it was announced as a Game Pass title. I'm about to complete my second playthrough and I'll probably never play it much again afterward. So that's one sale they're not getting from me.

Which made me start to wonder how much they're being subsidized by Microsoft to put a brand new, $60 game, up on Game Pass, day one. It has to be enough to offset the amount of money they expect to make in sales. Or do they play a medium/long game where people like myself (gamers who plow through content quickly) are outliers and they bet on people still wanting to play the game when it's delisted from the Game Pass service a few months down the line, pushing them into a later purchase?

Edit: And I'm a 'tard and forgot that Xbox Games Studios bought Obsidian. But I'm still genuinely curious how these contracts are structured for non-Microsoft companies which put their games up on Game Pass. It'll be one of those things I'll never know though as I doubt they'll ever divulge such details.
First of all, as others have pointed out already, it's rare for a game that isn't made by a Microsoft studio to launch day one on Game Pass. There have been a few games that have done that and I'd be curious to see how success they are on that plan or more curious to know if maybe Microsoft gives them a larger cut if they choose to do that.

From what we understand, Game Pass games are monetized based on "interaction" aka "how long someone plays that game" and I believe it's a percentage of an individual's time. Since Game Pass is a service that requires and internet connection to Xbox Live, they seem to be tracking some interesting user metrics but the biggest one being "how long did jshackles play The Outer Worlds this month?" and then splitting up that user's subscription fee among all the publishers of all the games that were played by that user (with Microsoft also getting a flat percentage).

So people that use the "but this incentivizes quantity over quality" are not correct. This business model incentivizes developers to make deeply engaging games - both single player and multiplayer. The Outer Worlds is a good example - because if you've played through it twice already then you've probably spent the lion's share of your Game Pass subscription this month playing just that game. Since Obsidian is a first party studio, that means that Microsoft gets the entire cut of your Game Pass subscription this month and doesn't have to share it with any of the other games on the service. Obviously, this is why it's advantageous for Microsoft to buy up a studio (in addition to it helping to grow the brand).

As a consumer, it's a great service and a great price. As a developer or publisher, the onus is still on you to make a great game that's engaging because if you don't you won't get people to play it very much and that's how you get paid. The awesome part is that this is all 100% optional and customers are still free to buy whatever games they'd like and own them forever also.

PS now is terrible, the connection has to be perfect all the time to play on PC. Constant stutters, disconnects, and visual downgrades. Streaming console quality games is just not achievable currently. Gamepass letting you download the games and play natively is why the service is so successful.
PSNow lets you download PS4 games now too.

Obviously, participating in Game pass is a calculated risk for devs/pubs. The question is how much does MS pay for a game like Outer Worlds to be on there day one, with both parties recognizing it will lose initial sales because of this. As it's a high quality title it's reasonable to assume the amount MS paid to Obsidian is pretty hefty. So, is it reasonable to assume that Obsidian wouldn't make this decision unless they were happy with the amount paid being at least equal to the amount lost from platform direct sales? Legit question. I would imagine Obsidian is a rational actor in this and only participates if MS makes it worth their while. But there is always risk for either side. From MS's perspective, is the amount they paid going to recoup itself and then some by attracting and keeping subbers? 🤔

First of all, as others have pointed out already, it's rare for a game that isn't made by a Microsoft studio to launch day one on Game Pass. There have been a few games that have done that and I'd be curious to see how success they are on that plan or more curious to know if maybe Microsoft gives them a larger cut if they choose to do that.

From what we understand, Game Pass games are monetized based on "interaction" aka "how long someone plays that game" and I believe it's a percentage of an individual's time. Since Game Pass is a service that requires and internet connection to Xbox Live, they seem to be tracking some interesting user metrics but the biggest one being "how long did jshackles play The Outer Worlds this month?" and then splitting up that user's subscription fee among all the publishers of all the games that were played by that user (with Microsoft also getting a flat percentage).

So people that use the "but this incentivizes quantity over quality" are not correct. This business model incentivizes developers to make deeply engaging games - both single player and multiplayer. The Outer Worlds is a good example - because if you've played through it twice already then you've probably spent the lion's share of your Game Pass subscription this month playing just that game. Since Obsidian is a first party studio, that means that Microsoft gets the entire cut of your Game Pass subscription this month and doesn't have to share it with any of the other games on the service. Obviously, this is why it's advantageous for Microsoft to buy up a studio (in addition to it helping to grow the brand).

As a consumer, it's a great service and a great price. As a developer or publisher, the onus is still on you to make a great game that's engaging because if you don't you won't get people to play it very much and that's how you get paid. The awesome part is that this is all 100% optional and customers are still free to buy whatever games they'd like and own them forever also.

OK to a large degree this answered some of my questions about how Game pass compensation works.

NickFire

That sounds like a fair way to distribute the revenue in my opinion.

jshackles

The question is how much does MS pay for a game like Outer Worlds to be on there day one, with both parties recognizing it will lose initial sales because of this. As it's a high quality title it's reasonable to assume the amount MS paid to Obsidian is pretty hefty.
Considering that Microsoft outright bought Obsidian, I'd say the price they were willing to pay as compensation was quite high, in this particular case.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
To get to their desired price point it will take quality that will be the incentive. If the games stink they will have to continue the give aways. If they improve the quality they can get people to bite at the 9.99 a month. If their new and old studios can put out what we saw from Outer Worlds people will pay it. If we go back to crack down 3 and state of decay it is giving it away at losing money.

They don't have to increase quality, just add better addictive hooks. That isn't necessarily the same as quality. I see this increasing the number of games that simply don't respect our time. 80 hours of padded out open world bullshit ahoy.

12Dannu123

But Playstation is killing Xbox in reality.

That has nothing to do with what I said. If Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Nintendo can't compete against Microsoft in a race to the bottom in this business model, then it's not Microsoft's fault that they go bankrupt. It's their fault for not adapting to the market.

Three

MS is trillion dollar company. They can tale few hits
Sure they can and they will but what you will see is when they want to make money you will get a bunch of B tier games like Netflix movies and price hikes. People were going mad for EA access too a few years back which is essentially the exact same thing.

mejin

That has nothing to do with what I said. If Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Nintendo can't compete against Microsoft in a race to the bottom in this business model, then it's not Microsoft's fault that they go bankrupt. It's their fault for not adapting to the market.

It is cause you're projecting a scenario where the others don't know what they are doing. MS couldn't compete that's why they changed directions middle of the gen.

What I mean is MS is free to reach new alternatives but Sony and Nintendo have been both sucessful in the gaming business since ever.

Anyway, I do agree with you. When Sony entered the market as a manufacturer others like Sega, SNK, Panasonic, Atari all died. Shit just happens.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

No, there's no jealousy. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The problem with XboxGAF is that they hype up Microsoft's services and think Sony is not going to be able to compete. You did this with your million xCloud\Game Pass threads and posts.

Don't remember?

12Dannu123 said:
PSNow is a bad service because there's no new content on the platform and because it's expensive compared its peers.

Sony may make a profit on PSNow but the consequence is a very low user base and very low growth. To every investor that's not a success at all despite making a profit.

In order to have success you need to make investments, which means making losses for a period.

With the way things are going PSNow is likely going to be irrelevant outside the PS Console, we are already seeing games skipping PSNow.

12Dannu123 said:
The only reason Sony is resisting the change is because they know that with a business model that relies on constant burning of cash, they can't compete against faints like Microsoft, Apple, Google and Amazon.

But the main question is why crazy extremist Sony fans are complaining about PSNow not having the same coverage and talking about Console Sales despite Cloud gaming has nothing to do with it.

You say stuff like this and then claim people are jealous. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sony recently reported that that PS Now has over a million subscribers and that is successful. They made changes by trying to put more first party AAA games on their service and now they lowered the price to $9.99.

Threads like this show Game Pass isn't going as smoothly as Xbox fans want to believe. What MS is doing is a gamble by releasing AAA games day one on the service and they know it.

Last edited:

CaptainClaw

Or maybe that $30m-$50m marketing budget that Microsoft would have normally spent on their games (360 era) is now being offset for Gamepass?....which Gears fan was losing sleep because he got to play Gears 5 for $1

lel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom