• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFly GC, $9.25/month/1go, $13.98/month/2go.

So I decided to sign up today to see if they were any better than they used to be. I signed up for the one free month, then remembered this thread. So I wound up buying a 3 month code for 2 games out at a time. Put it in no problem, but now I'm stuck with 1 game at a time for 1 month still:

J43m9OG.png

I can't find a way to upgrade to 2 games at a time or to tell them to just cancel my 1 free month. So I can't start getting two games at a time until the end of December. Shitty.

They also charged my card for the one "free" month, but I hope and assume the charge will just be dropped shortly?

Einbroch

Banned
So I decided to sign up today to see if they were any better than they used to be. I signed up for the one free month, then remembered this thread. So I wound up buying a 3 month code for 2 games out at a time. Put it in no problem, but now I'm stuck with 1 game at a time for 1 month still:

I can't find a way to upgrade to 2 games at a time or to tell them to just cancel my 1 free month. So I can't start getting two games at a time until the end of December. Shitty.

They also charged my card for the one "free" month, but I hope and assume the charge will just be dropped shortly?

Try emailing them. They seem to have pretty good customer service.

Does anyone know if you can still use these certificates toward your own account, what with the page saying "GameFly Gift Certificates are for new members only"?

I'm currently doing the 1 month trial if that matters

Einbroch

Banned
Does anyone know if you can still use these certificates toward your own account, what with the page saying "GameFly Gift Certificates are for new members only"?

Just purchased another three months today. Yes, you can.

Einbroch

Banned
I've done this a few times but remind me, is it okay to log in to your account (the one to which the code will be going) to order the code?
I did. You can be safe if you want, but I really don't think they care. They just completely restructured their site and changed the number of months from 2 to 3 without touching the monthly fee. I think this is intentional.

I did. You can be safe if you want, but I really don't think they care. They just completely restructured their site and changed the number of months from 2 to 3 without touching the monthly fee. I think this is intentional.

Yeah, totally worked. I keep this thread bookmarked and go back to it every once in a while when I want to add more, but I still get nervous. It's been out there for so long though and they've changed things up a little bit without ever closing the loophole so I think you're right. They accept it because the small group of us that take advantage of it are locked in for months at a time in advance with our money is accruing interest in their bank account as opposed to us paying month by month, able to quit anytime.

BigDug13

It's a shame that this "service" is taxable when you buy it with the gift certificates. Cost me another $3 on top of the certificate price. But considering their usual price for 2 games, it's still worth it.

webkid94

Glad I saw this thread, signed up for the 30 day trial 1 rental. So if I return a game, and then cancel the trial, then buy the gift certificates...is that how it goes?

Reallink

They will block your account from buying GC's if you use it too many times in a row. Last year it blocked me after applying the 2 month GC twice. I didn't buy them up in bulk and try to stack them or anything, I would simply buy one as my renewal was coming up. Next time I went to do it, it said something to the effect of "you can not purchase or apply GC's with this account at this". I just canceled it and let it sit for a few months and next time I wanted to renew it let me buy one.

Einbroch

Banned
Glad I saw this thread, signed up for the 30 day trial 1 rental. So if I return a game, and then cancel the trial, then buy the gift certificates...is that how it goes?
Pretty much. They count as a three month subscription just as if you paid cash. Just send it to yourself, redeem it under your account, and viola. Three months for the price of a month and a half.

Welcome to the club.

They will block your account from buying GC's if you use it too many times in a row. Last year it blocked me after applying the 2 month GC twice. I didn't buy them up in bulk and try to stack them or anything, I would simply buy one as my renewal was coming up. Next time I went to do it, it said something to the effect of you can not buy GC's with this account at this.

Not doubting you, but this is the first time I've heard of this. I've been doing this for three years and have yet to get any kind of warning.

Reallink

Pretty much. They count as a three month subscription just as if you paid cash. Just send it to yourself, redeem it under your account, and viola. Three months for the price of a month and a half.

Welcome to the club.

Not doubting you, but this is the first time I've heard of this. I've been doing this for three years and have yet to get any kind of warning.

Yea I was pretty shocked too. I buy from my primary account and send it to the email on my account, so perhaps I should at the very least send it to a secondary email or something.

webkid94

Welcome to the club.

Awesome, games are getting to be expensive for me and this is just what I need! They put the shipping location to Los Angeles which is perfect as it is very close to where I live. Definitely keeping this thread.

Long time no see. I have successfully gotten PS4 games quick using Gamefly and my membership is about to expire.

Is it possible to apply another gift card to my account?

Is this "deal" still working? I switched down from 2 games to 1 to save money, but with this, I could go back to 2 games and save even a bit more.

Is this for new members only? Like I said, I already have a subscription, and the gift card page says it's for new memberships only, and it's non-refundable.

Is this for new members only? Like I said, I already have a subscription, and the gift card page says it's for new memberships only, and it's non-refundable.
People have said that they've bought it and used it themselves. I haven't tried it myself but it makes sense Gamefly wouldn't care, they're getting paid either way.

Has anyone else had this exact same issue? I finally jumped in on this deal yesterday, and the new bill cycle was supposed to start today. According to the site, the 2 games out for 3 months is supposed to start today, but it's still stuck at the one month option. Do I just click the "add another rental" option and the system will automatically override it? I hate that I didn't think this through and I hope I didn't just lose 40 bucks.

Edit: Literally after posting this, I refreshed the "my account" page and said I had a two disc plan. Guess you just have to wait a little. :)

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Has anyone else had this exact same issue? I finally jumped in on this deal yesterday, and the new bill cycle was supposed to start today. According to the site, the 2 games out for 3 months is supposed to start today, but it's still stuck at the one month option. Do I just click the "add another rental" option and the system will automatically override it? I hate that I didn't think this through and I hope I didn't just lose 40 bucks.

Never had that happen. You can talk to chat support I guess to see if they can straighten things out? If you go to the "Credit Cards & Billing Info" section of your account there is a link to chat with them.

edit: Nevermind then. :p

Gator86

Every time I see this topic I panic and worry they might drop this deal. It's saved me an obscene amount of money. I got 6 months of games for what I would have spent on forgettable drek like WatchDogs alone. Everyone on GAF should have gamefly.

Every time I see this topic I panic and worry they might drop this deal. It's saved me an obscene amount of money. I got 6 months of games for what I would have spent on forgettable drek like WatchDogs alone. Everyone on GAF should have gamefly.

That awkward moment when I'm expecting Watch Dogs to arrive in like an hour. I don't expect to like it at all, I hate UBISOFT GAME, but to quote Blake Griffin, "NEVER GET BURNED BY A SHITTY GAME AGAIN!"

You're goddamn right sir, you're goddamn right.

Gator86

That awkward moment when I'm expecting Watch Dogs to arrive in like an hour. I don't expect to like it at all, I hate UBISOFT GAME, but to quote Blake Griffin, "NEVER GET BURNED BY A SHITTY GAME AGAIN!"

You're goddamn right sir, you're goddamn right.

Haha you'll have fun but it will get old pretty fast, in my opinion at least. It's the type of game perfect for renting so I thought it was appropriate for mention in this topic.

I just re-upped for another 3 months. Now I'm good on ps+ and gamefly until 2016. I could not spend another dollar on games until then and still have more stuff to play than I have time.

Shit, the page isn't working on mobile anymore. Today's the last day before my current subscription is up so I have to remember to check the full site after work. Hope it still works. Don't know what I'll do if it doesn't!

Shit, the page isn't working on mobile anymore. Today's the last day before my current subscription is up so I have to remember to check the full site after work. Hope it still works. Don't know what I'll do if it doesn't!

The website layout has changed (it's garbage now), but it's still there:

orKeL3S.png

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
As a warning to people - if they close your account for any reason (game gets lost in the mail and an investigation is opened, etc), it's a hassle getting refunded for your prepaid certificate time.

Top Bottom