• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamefly's shipping times are ridiculous

BkMogul

I don't know what happened but my Gamefly shipping went from a reliable 2 days from them telling me they shipped to taking a solid week.

Same here. It was really bizarre. This last month it went from "a game being shipped by them on Monday and it's in my hands by Wednesday" to "a game being shipped on Monday and arriving next Monday or Tuesday". Totally unacceptable. The turnaround time, as well, went form 2 business days to a week and sometimes more. I didn't know who to blame, but I did recommend putting tracking on all their mailings. They probably will never do it, but it'd be easier to track and could offer piece of mind to customers.

Fordfx2

Gamefly uses this for shipping services to cut down costs, t'why it takes so long....

Screen%2BShot%2B2011-11-22%2Bat%2B22.10.10.png

jacobeid

Banned
I end up canceling because of long shipping every time I try the service. It's really bad. Sometimes Pittsburgh->Columbus would take 6 business days.

What.

Mash83

I quit using GameFly right as the current gen systems dropped. Since then I've been using best buys gcu. Shipping times were so inconsistent and I hated seeing an open game slot sit open for days with several games on high availability.

Nothing worse than coming home from work/school expecting to have a new game to play and be dissapointed again and again.

I may pay more money per game now but at least I control my own destiny.

Almighty

Oh no wait I just remembered that if it wasn't for fast return it would of taken me two weeks before i received my next game. I actually contacted them and asked wtf was going on. Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch and Gamefly can get it sorted out.

D-VoN

Took me 5 days to get Battlefield: Hardline. I went to cancel a few months back and they gave me a month free... Still don't know why I have the service... I've had it for years now, like over 4.

lt519

I just tried it out for The Order and it took 4 days (on top of 3 days in the queue) to get from Pennsylvania to New York. Think I'm going to drop the service, I like playing games day one which really doesn't fit the bill here.

This is why I resub only every 4 months or so, they seem to send me an offer ever for months to come back for a free month for a month for $1.00 for 2 games out. Just resubbed last week. Wed they shipped game #1, friday they shipped game #2, both from Pittsburgh to cincinnati. Game #2 came today but I'm still waiting on game #1...will cancel at the end of my $1.00 month again.

DirtyLarry

I don't know what happened but my Gamefly shipping went from a reliable 2 days from them telling me they shipped to taking a solid week.
Yep, same here.
I have been, and still use them, since 2006. I think pretty much the beginning.
When games came from CA and I live in NJ, It was truly awful. Crazy, but still was worth it overall as I own all major consoles and get to check out games I would not otherwise.
Then they opened the Pittsburgh facility and I was getting games in 2-3 days!
Praise be the gaming gods.

Now in the past 2 years, shit has gotten bad again. Takes anywhere from 4 to 8 days!!! 8 days!!!!

So yeah I do not know WTF happened, but they need to get it together.
It is still a worthwhile service for myself I think, but I have to say I have considered finally cancelling my membership.

Top Bottom