• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that Aren't Tetris

polg

s25143_NDS_33.jpg

koam

Speaking of Tetris spinoffs, the best ones in order:

1) Tetris Attack
2) Tetrisphere
3) Tetrinet

MrDaravon

Did one of you guys fuck with the Hatris wiki entry or something? I went to go look it up when I saw it posted since I'd never heard of it, and this is the whole entry:

Hatris is a puzzle game developed by game designer Alexey Pazhitnov (last name sometimes transliterated Pajitnov) for Bullet-Proof Software, the game was apparently also released as a standalone arcade console [1].

Hatris gameplay is similar to Tetris (which Pazhitnov also made), in that game objects falling from the top of the screen must be arranged in specific patterns to gain points and to keep the play area clear. In Hatris different hat styles fall from the top of the screen and accumulate at the bottom. To eliminate hats from the play area, five hats of identical style must be stacked. Because different style hats stack differently, game strategy must take hat style into consideration. In order to succeed at "hatris", you must make use of a small, bearded man, known as Bruce. Bruce will steal 2 hats, once you attain a certain level of charisma (in hats). Developed in Winnipeg.

:lol

koam

SailorDaravon said:
Did one of you guys fuck with the Hatris wiki entry or something? I went to go look it up when I saw it posted since I'd never heard of it, and this is the whole entry:

:lol

No it's real.

Tetris Attack on the Gameboy is my favorite puzzle game I think.

I dont know if it is worse than the SNES or others verisons or not, but the amount I played it was just crazy. I played it as I was going around Europe with family years ago and I played it atleast once in each place I went, both Tetris Attack and Links Awakening got so much playtime over there.

painey

I recieved a game boy game many moons ago for my birthday starring pac man in tetris.. basically the blocks are identical to tetris, except sometimes part of the block is a ghost and every now and then you get a pac man sent down to eat them all. It was the only game I ever recieved as a birthday present, excluding the gameboy itself which came with mario.

Top Bottom