• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Capcom Not Bringing Switch Ver. of Monster Hunter XX to US (at this time)

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Anyone think import sites will have an Asian version with English text?

Maximo

Trying to build your fanbase in the west by pissing off your fanbase in the west is an interesting strategy.

People would buy both games ya know.

giphy.gif

Wow...

After supporting MH in the west, this is what Nintendo system owners get?

Really no reason to not bring it to ALL consoles at this point.

I have no idea what they are thinking as a company, but as someone who has bought and supported MH in the west since 3U, it kinda feels like you've been dating a girl and things are good, and then she just leaves you for some asshole.

Maybe not like that, but what the fuck Capcom?

Eolz

Fuck Capcom.
#MHXXForTheWest is the hashtag used since months btw, if people want to use it.

And from the other thread...
Well now people can stop with the "this CM just said "for now", it"ll happen later!" and start pushing Capcom for it.
That's really sad, baffling and irritating. Really a bad move for the franchise in the west when we started getting spinoffs and games with good support.

They're really taking huge risks with the franchise in the west. Bringing XX to the west, both Switch and 3DS for maximum profits, couldn't have been that much of a risk. Most of it was already localized, Nintendo could have distributed it, etc.
They are doing that just to put all their eggs in the same basket.

After that, SFV, MvCI, and countless other licences, I've definitely lost hope in this company. Awful.

I would have bought the Switch version if I t came out this year. If it hooked me, I would have bought World. I'll continue not playing Monster Hunter, I guess.

Velcro Fly

lol who the fuck does Capcom think is going to buy the shiny new PS4/X1 version? Surely the people who would have wanted this too?

Stupid move in my opinion.

Why are they purposefully gimping their own game? It's bizarre how some 3rd parties do this for games on Nintendo systems. It makes no sense. No wonder MH hasn't had success in the west when Capcom pulls shit like this and Westerns only get random iterations when they feel like it

The only way I can see this being the case is if the contract Sony included with the large pile of money for world explicitly forbade MHXX loc

fernoca

No different than what they said yesterday...or even in the past.

It will be a matter of Nintendo throwing money at them to help localization and advertising, maybe even publishing.

Somebody get Reggie on camera and ask him why Switch isn't getting the new Monster Hunter game or XX. Would love to see him use his PR savy on a question like that.

Top Bottom