• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot rumor: Big third-party Xbox One exclusive at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggy

Weren't there rumors floating around about a Platinum exclusive? Could be that.

A game from Platinum wouldn't really be seen as a big exclusive. Also, if it's Nagano, it's not a 3rd party game but a 1st party title as Microsoft funds it. Wonderful 101 isn't a 3rd party exclusive either, and especially not a big exclusive.

PlanetHype.gif

GHG

Gold Member
"something people will be really excited about."

More like something people will have meltdowns about.

I have a feeling this e3 will be quite entertaining.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh, wait. They included this.

Gamespot's reliability just sunk through the depths of hell.

It was funny when they pulled last summer's Ubisoft hacked story as a new story yesterday to explain why Uplay was down

Also this is the vaguest fucking thing I've ever heard

SOMEONE TOLD US A THING MIGHT BE HAPPENING THAT PEOPLE WILL BE EXCITED TO SEE HAPPEN BUT DON'T SEE COMING AND DIDN'T TELL US WHAT IT IS, GET HYYYYYPE

RedAssedApe

Banned
Who the fuck breaks an NDA to reveal information, but nevertheless stops just short of telling exactly WHAT the news is?

What's the point?

gotta get them clicks.

a few of the "insiders" post shit like this on a daily basis. albeit they aren't under NDA...but whomever is feeding them this information is.

Lucifon

video games confirmed at e3

we don't know which one yet, but our source says video games will be at e3

Pretty much what this article is saying. So vague that it could be anything. The fortune teller article of the video game world.

zulux21

so... is this just bad gammer
Microsoft is going to have at least one "big" third-party exclusive reveal
and it should be revealed instead of reveal.... or is this just an article about how microsoft will get to reveal a big third party (likely multiplatform) game exclusively at E3 (like how both companies usually have at least one multiplatform game that they got rights to show only at their conference to pretend like it's an exclusive game)

I've saw on Twitter so it's unconfirmed, but it's dragons dogma 2

Hm. On one hand, I can see Capcom doing this because it's stupid, but on the other hand, it's so stupid that I can almost see them not doing it.

Dragon's Dogma was mainly successful in Japan, releasing a sequel for the Xbox One wouldn't make a lick of since.

~~Hasan~~

big third party games means its not a new IP. which is why I do not think its a game from Platinum. unless its Vanquish and I doubt that to be considered " big third party exclusive" " I love Vanquish"

I am assuming its a sequel to a popular game. maybe Resident Evil 7 ? Devil May cry ?

BPoole

A game from Platinum wouldn't really be seen as a big exclusive.
Well considering MS is trying harder to appeal to the 'core gamer', it wouldn't surprise me if they got a game from Platinum to try to attract get some support from that audience. Iirc, Bayonetta and Vanquish both sold over a million copies

Exclusive reveal or an actual exclusive?

If it's the latter, I could see it being the much rumoured Platinum game. Or maybe they've locked down something else entirely...but what could it be?

It's unlikely to be Fallout, Elder Scrolls or any of the big third party titles, so it's something that is small enough for MS to lock down exclusivity, but big enough for it to make some waves.

Hmm...

What big exlusive could it be? Any real big third party will want their games on PS4, especially guven the current situation so my guess is that it's a smaller third party studio like Platinum. Maybe L4D3? Though of course PC would be the best version anyways. Capcom also comes to mind, maybe RE7 (though that'd be quite the death knell for the series).

So long as it's not a moneyhat, I'm okau with if. If their big reveal is just a moneyhatted game I'll be staying away from thd X1 for quite a while longer

Cuyejo

Timed exclusive? Maybe. Third party exclusives seem insane in nowadays market, as insane as the exclusivity price.

Beast Souls and this. Would be awesome!

Only From can make me decide I need not just one but two crappy consoles in the same E3 :p

King's Field games were not that good, at least no console buying good.

Obviously The Last Guardian. Sony's plans to go third party will be announced at MS's E3 conference.

Seriously, probably something from Capcom. They seem to be pretty close toMS these days.

Shiggy

Well considering MS is trying harder to appeal to the 'core gamer', it wouldn't surprise me if they got a game from Platinum to try to attract get some support from that audience. Iirc, Bayonetta and Vanquish both sold over a million copies

Still it's not a big thing. Bayonetta 2 on Wii U led to some uproar among Platinum fans, but most people didn't care and still don't. Their games are selling to a niche. 1 million units sold to a username of 100 million wasn't even enough for Sega to greenlight a sequel.

wapplew

New Dino crisis
Super Dead Rising turbo featuring capcom allstar
Mass effect 4
Fallout 4
Dragon dogma 2
Resident evil 7
Monster hunter 5
Dragon quest 11
GTAV remaster
Saint row 5
Home front 2
Mortal combat VS Killer Instinct
Sonic and Sega and Xbox allstar Racing Transfaring
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Resonance of Fate 2
Star ocean 5
Shenmue 3
Tales of Vesperia 2
2D Prince of Persia
Cliffy B new project
Platinum new project
Half life 3

Hm. On one hand, I can see Capcom doing this because it's stupid, but on the other hand, it's so stupid that I can almost see them not doing it.

Dragon's Dogma was mainly successful in Japan, releasing a sequel for the Xbox One wouldn't make a lick of since.

Wasnt there a rumour a couple of months ago of there some major problems with dragons dogma 2 development within capcom and they were looking for external development, of which it was also rumoured that Microsoft was interested in taking up the funding (ala titanfall)?

There's been a rumor that resi 7 is xbox exclusive buy I don't believe that to be true, dogma is a smaller game, aimed at the hardcore, seems like the right game to me and has worldwide appeal

Are people really Happy with that ?

So you think it´s a cool thing that Microsoft pay so a game won't release on other consoles ?

Please Microsoft stop paying to prevent people from playing games..

You cannot get anymore vague than this.

This. From all the rumours circulating around MS likely tying down a third party exclusive, gamespots source could be someone who was browsing twitter or gaf. If the source stated prehaps what developer or if it was from a third party publisher it came from it would be a whole different story but as it is: gamespot is continuing to be as informative as ever.

AniHawk

New Dino crisis
Super Dead Rising turbo featuring capcom allstar
Mass effect 4
Fallout 4
Dragon dogma 2
Resident evil 7
Monster hunter 5
Dragon quest 11
GTAV remaster
Saint row 5
Home front 2
Mortal combat VS Killer Instinct
Sonic and Sega and Xbox allstar Racing Transfaring
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Resonance of Fate 2
Star ocean 5
Shenmue 3
Half life 3

i feel like most sega things may be off the table. call me crazy but i don't think they have a great working relationship with microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom