• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot rumor: Big third-party Xbox One exclusive at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a rumor that resi 7 is xbox exclusive buy I don't believe that to be true, dogma is a smaller game, aimed at the hardcore, seems like the right game to me and has worldwide appeal

Resident Evil 6 sold almost a million in Japan on PS3. Making it X1 only would guarantee the series' death (at least GC back in the day made some sense). Capcom is stupid but not that much (at least I don't think they are).

Kallel

New Dino crisis
Super Dead Rising turbo featuring capcom allstar
Mass effect 4
Fallout 4
Dragon dogma 2
Resident evil 7
Monster hunter 5
Dragon quest 11
GTAV remaster
Saint row 5
Home front 2
Mortal combat VS Killer Instinct
Sonic and Sega and Xbox allstar Racing Transfaring
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Resonance of Fate 2
Star ocean 5
Shenmue 3
Half life 3

LOL! Half life 3

mortal_kombat_9__2009_-2540449.jpg

After all the trouble they went to last gen to reboot the franchise, they won't be exclusive any time soon, if ever.

jimboton

Timed exclusive? Maybe. Third party exclusives seem insane in nowadays market, as insane as the exclusivity price.

King's Field games were not that good, at least no console buying good.

Ha! Speak for yourself. For me King's Field 4 was Atari Jaguar buying good. Maybe even Philips CDI buying good.

Ill say Shenmue 3. PS has hinted at it multiple times, its big (yeah, it is!), and totes unexpected.

It can't really be "big" if its a new IP, right? That specific verbage would indicate its an already established franchise, yes?

MK vs. KI would be too sick. Bird flu.

Gorillaz

It's gotta be something big but not big to the point where the pub thinks it could survive on it's own or is low on cash.

Shenmue 3 is "big" but not console pusher.......I wanna say something like Homefront 2

Resident Evil 6 sold almost a million in Japan on PS3. Making it X1 only would guarantee thr series' death. Capcom is stupid but not that much (at least I don't think they are).

Series is already on life support. I'd encourage it going X1 exclusive for the next entry if it means the death of the series and a reboot as some point.

jaosobno

Wouldn't surprise me if they contracted Epic to do a franchise for them. Considering the success of GeoW franchise, it could very well be based on Samaritan or Infiltrator concepts.

Wouldn't new Gears fit this description (if still developed by Epic)?

No, it's no longer developer by Epic. This has been known for quite some time.

Capella

I'm excited to see what it is but what an incredibly vague rumor and like others have said, ""big" third-party exclusive reveal" sounds like they are exclusively revealing it (like @ Sony's conference with KHIII and Mad Max) and not that it's an exclusive game for Xbox. I guess the source meant that a "big" third-party exclusive will be revealed.

I've saw on Twitter so it's unconfirmed and possibly not true, but it was saying it's dragons dogma 2
Who said that?

Ill say Shenmue 3. PS has hinted at it multiple times, its big (yeah, it is!), and totes unexpected.

It can't really be "big" if its a new IP, right? That specific verbage would indicate its an already established franchise, yes?

I wouldn't call that big though. The way I understood it was it was something big for the current fanbase. Shenmue would be big news amongst it's niche fanbase but that's about it.

I'm thinking maybe something from Epic (though I wouldn't call that surprising)

Are people really Happy with that ?

So you think it´s a cool thing that Microsoft pay so a game won't release on other consoles ?

Please Microsoft stop paying to prevent people from playing games..

It's called smart business. An game exclusive to the platform may entice people that don't have said platform to buy said platform.

hawk2025

Another Crytek game will only elicit the world's biggest yawn.

Maybe they can somehow make people excited for yet another Crysys game? Yeesh.

I would hope for something better than that. Something Capcom feels right.

ChaosXVI

Vague rumor is vague...

That said...if it's Shenmue 3 I will buy a Bone so fast I won't think to not overdraw by bank account.

B.O.O.M

What happened with titanfall ? It was actually finished because of MS $$ and went on to sell millions ?

It would have been completed with or without MS's money..especially since they signed the deal for complete exclusivity way later in the dev cycle

as for how it did..it did well but I don't think it did as well as they would have hoped..at least when it comes to the impact it had on hardware sales of Xbone.

That said given the sales numbers right now exclusive games should cost MS more money than before ..unless they had the deals in place before the sales gap really got wider between Xbone and PS4

My money is on some capcom game again.

RE_Player

That has to be the weakest rumor I have ever seen be reported on.

Wait I'm getting a message from one of my very reliable sources... It appears that Nintendo will announce a new game from one of it's existing franchises that will have fans "very excited".
C'mon!!

iMax

So you think it´s a cool thing that Microsoft pay so a game won't release on other consoles ?

No different to Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, The Order: 1886, or Resistance.

It's common.

It's called smart business. An game exclusive to the platform may entice people that don't have said platform to buy said platform.

Maybe, personally it'll just push me away. I've no problem with them funding games like DR, but if it's a moneyhatted game I'll be delaying my purchase. I don't like supporting those kinds of business decisions, I want MS to focus on themselves and make their first part something worth talking about.

No different to Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, The Order: 1886, or Resistance.

It's common.

There's a difference between funding a game and moneyhatting

certainly not on the 'losing' platform, way too many sales at stake. However money talks in this industry.

Money does indeed talk, but I really can't see any MK game going exclusive in the foreseeable future.

They've finally got the series back on course, going exclusive to any console could jeopardise that newly found success.

Dabanton

It's not just a company paying to 'stop' games going elsewhere.

if it's a situation like DR3,Titanfall or Bayonetta 2 where the game would have probably get canned without extra funding being poured in from outside then I see no problem.

Shenmue 3 does seem the most likely. I wouldn't be surprised if MS ended there conference with it.

"Oh and one more thing before you leave today."

*Shenmue 3 trailer plays*

*GAF explodes*

Gorillaz

I still don't see it being a Resident Evil, even with it's shifty ass history, it's not worth fucking it up, and honestly I can see them try to release it as cross gen to get max sales.

I can see Dragon's Dogma as the game, as their way of "countering" Beast Souls

jamiept

Banned
So long as it's not a moneyhat, I'm okau with if. If their big reveal is just a moneyhatted game I'll be staying away from thd X1 for quite a while longer

Money hatting takes two parties to make it work - the money giver, and the money taker. If you don't like money hat deals, perhaps it is the one who takes the money that also needs a talking to, yes?

What would you do if the 3rd party exclusive was a game that you, personally, MUST have i.e. a personal favourite of yours?

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Well I hope said third party exclusive is more titanfall than moneyhat. Moneyhats bring nothing to the industry, but funding amazing games that never would have been made is obviously a good thing.

Bring it on MS. Give me a reason to buy an Xbox.

Gxgear

Big announcement at E3? Dang, it's as if the event's made for things like this. The vagueness of these supposed insiders are just plain off-putting.

It would have been completed with or without MS's money..especially since they signed the deal for complete exclusivity way later in the dev cycle

as for how it did..it did well but I don't think it did as well as they would have hoped..at least when it comes to the impact it had on hardware sales of Xbone.

That said given the sales numbers right now exclusive games should cost MS more money than before ..unless they had the deals in place before the sales gap really got wider between Xbone and PS4

My money is on some capcom game again.

With whose money? EA were backing away from the project because it looked like a disaster and Sony weren't interested either as they were likely more interested in Destiny. MS saved the game from ending up on the scrapheap. Might not be what some people want to hear, but that's how it played out.

It's not just a company paying to 'stop' games going elsewhere.

if it's a situation like DR3,Titanfall or Bayonetta 2 where the game would have probably get canned without extra funding being poured in from outside then I see no problem.

Titanfall would never have gotten canned. You actually believe EA would have let that happen? Come on, they wanted it to be the next CoD.

Modern exclusives usually aren't just paid to stay off other systems. That money usually goes in to the game in a way that offsets the huge loss in revenue they'd suffer for making it exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom