• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot rumor: Big third-party Xbox One exclusive at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you think R* are going to do that and abandon the Ps4 with a user base of almost twice the size of XB1's.

Didn't R* and Sony have some advertising partnership for GTAV? MS paid out of the ass for exclusive DLC to GTA 4 at a time when the 360 was demolishing the PS3. The chances that they will make an XB1 exclusive GTAV port with the commercial situation as it is right now is zero.

Yeah and the GTA IV's episodes were pretty much the last time Rockstar would do any sort of significant exclusivity deals and those were only really made "exclusive" because T2 was hurting for money at the time and MS gave the company a loan that was used to make the episodes and in the long run it didn't benefit Rockstar all that much.

No major developer/publisher of a big established IP is going to give MS true exclusivity of that IP unless MS has dumped more money than what would be made over the life time of the product, especially with Sony's console having a larger user base. Maybe if the deals were made over a year ago before MS's PR train wreck and Sony's "come back" but with MS not being the market leader they don't really have the leverage unless again, they drop a ridiculous amount of money that probably could be served better elsewhere.

gorfyako

Banned
I'm still on GTAV timed exclusive. And possible release by midnight after Monday show.

May sound crazy but it is my high predictable.

I don't know why GTAV timed exclusive would be a big deal. Now GTAV DLC as a timed exclusive would be a big deal. Though, that's also not too surprising seeing as how Microsoft did that with GTAIV.

Jomjom

Banned
Aaron Greenberg retweeted this article: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/466363/features/microsoft-e3-press-conference-preview-redemption-song/

Within the article it states that, "So expect to see Spencer's no-nonsense approach return at Microsoft's E3 press conference, where the hardware manufacturer will likely showcase an extraordinary volume of high quality triple-A games and content, much of which will be exclusive."

Multiple AAA exclusives with all of those already shown prior to E3? Maybe there's multiple third-party exclusives.

N.Domixis

Banned
Aaron Greenberg retweeted this article: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/466363/features/microsoft-e3-press-conference-preview-redemption-song/

Within the article it states that, "So expect to see Spencer's no-nonsense approach return at Microsoft's E3 press conference, where the hardware manufacturer will likely showcase an extraordinary volume of high quality triple-A games and content, much of which will be exclusive."

Multiple AAA exclusives with all of those already shown prior to E3? Maybe there's multiple third-party exclusives.
Third party games with exclusive dlc are probably part of it.

blakep267

As for CBoat, didn't he just leak embargoed stuff early in the case of halo 5? We were going to get the info the next day regardless of him posting that picture. That's a little different than knowing something 7 months out

Melchiah

my guess

legacy of kain/soul reaver reboot

and/or

Starwars 3434

exclusive to xbox one

That would be a really shitty thing for the fanbase, as all five entries in the series have been on the PlayStation platforms, whereas only two of them on the Xbox. Neither of the Soul Reaver titles were on Xbox either.

That would be a really shitty thing for the fanbase, as all five entries in the series have been on the PlayStation platforms, whereas only two of them on the Xbox. Neither of the Soul Reaver titles were on Xbox either.

How many Playstation fans would be happy if the Final Fantasy games went back strictly to Nintendo systems? Unless a game is confirmed for your preferred system you can't whine about games that were never announced when making decisions early on on which system to buy.

Prince of Persia might be that exclusive me thinks.

Big 3rd party - Ubisoft

Dormant IP - Prince of Persia (when was the last main game released again?)

CBOAT - mentioned it the other E3 but apparently got it mixed up with the Halo trailer? but he did mention the game was coming no?

i dont considering POP a megaton exclusive or anything at all but im guessing if it appears MS did so co funding similar to Titanfall, but could still possibly go multi a year or two later.

So yeah after (not so careful) consideration in this lovely thread im gonna say POP :p

Melchiah

How many Playstation fans would be happy if the Final Fantasy games went back strictly to Nintendo systems? Unless a game is confirmed for your preferred system you can't whine about games that were never announced when making decisions early on on which system to buy.

Where did I say it should be exclusive to the PS4? If it was to be only on XB1, it would likely lead to lesser sales, just like Resident Evil on GC did. And it would be an odd decision, considering that both of the Soul Reaver titles were on PS1/2 and PC. Turning the question around, how many XB fans would be happy if the next Mass Effect wasn't released on their system? Bioware would abandon a large part of their old fanbase, just like Capcom & Square did back in the day. The same goes for Soul Reaver.

Wishing for these kind of game series to be exclusive just seems like a fanboyish mentality, as being available for everyone wouldn't be a loss of any kind to them.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I don´t think it would make money. Sure there is a solid fanbase, but I really do not think they are in numbers that matters nowadays.

That being sayd => It would bringt them really good publicity and would also bring many PS4 gamers to buy an XB1 ;)

I know it wouldn't. My post implies that. Microsoft should view Shenmue as nothing more than a marketing tool to help get the hardcore gamers back on side.

Big 3rd party - Ubisoft

CBOAT - mentioned it the other E3 but apparently got it mixed up with the Halo trailer? but he did mention the game was coming no?

i dont considering POP a megaton exclusive or anything at all but im guessing if it appears MS did so co funding similar to Titanfall, but could still possibly go multi a year or two later.

So yeah after (not so careful) consideration in this lovely thread im gonna say POP :p

He posted a thread after saying he was sorry about PoP and that it was pulled, so most likely going to show up this year.

Harlequin

Big 3rd party - Ubisoft

I hope (and think) you're wrong.

Melchiah

I hope (and think) you're wrong.

Personally, I kinda hope it would be POP, if the exclusive is supposed to be a title with a history. I don't really care about the series, so it wouldn't be a loss for me. Whereas something like Mass Effect or Soul Reaver would be.

ShinAmano

Personally, I kinda hope it would be POP, if the exclusive is supposed to be a title with a history. I don't really care about the series, so it wouldn't be a loss for me. Whereas something like Mass Effect or Soul Reaver would be.

Soul Reaver is rumored? I don't care if it is exclusive or not just that it exists.

Melchiah

Soul Reaver is rumored? I don't care if it is exclusive or not just that it exists.

If it exists, and will be available for everyone, it would be a dream come true. Love the series, and the first Soul Reaver in particular, which shouldn't be a surprise considering what my username is. ;)

This is the post, where I heard about it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115049992&postcount=486
Square Enix is working on Deus Ex 4, Hitman 6, Tomb Raider 10 or whatever it is now, Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3*, Kingdom Hearts 2 in HD, Sleeping Dogs 2, Just Cause 3,a reboot of Legacy of Kain (6) as a F2P MOBA, they just released Thief 4. And yes, they just released Murdered: Soul Suspect. That kind of thing is becoming much less common. Square Enix cancelled several projects that were supposed to have been of a similar scope (ISTR that that Vampire mobile game they made was a down-shifted console project; Nosgoth was originally single player and multiplayer and got sort of shrunk when they cancelled the single player elements and expanded into what it is now). It is more likely in the future that you will see more games as a service, more sequels, and fewer original titles.

EDIT: Oops, just noticed there's "as a F2P MOBA". =/

Lakitu

st5fu
So is GAF any closer to figuring this one out?

Also isn't it thought that it's timed-exclusive? I'm honestly not bothered if so...

no way its pop

no one would be stupid enough to pay for that

Realistically speaking, it's not like there exist a list of 'every game in development' and there's somehow a pricetag attached to all of them.

Eg. MS will never get stuff like FIFA, probably due to contracts. MS will also (likely) never get annualised mega franchises like CoD, AC, etc... the risk of the brand getting weakened/damaged by going exclusive for one installment is way too big. Same goes to super-mega selling titles that take a long time to make. GTA will never be exclusive, etc.

Even Japanese titles may not be easy for MS to get. The reality of two consecutive Xbox failures in the domestic market is a real thing, and MS wants to buy a numbered Monster Hunter game, Capcom probably laugh at them because MH only matters on handhelds, not consoles. Frankly, any game that needs 'saving' that are more popular domestically than overseas is probably better served going to Nintendo than MS. At least the brand has a chance to remain relevant locally, instead of risking a global bomba.

So maybe the options are just that limited.

Where did I say it should be exclusive to the PS4? If it was to be only on XB1, it would likely lead to lesser sales, just like Resident Evil on GC did. And it would be an odd decision, considering that both of the Soul Reaver titles were on PS1/2 and PC. Turning the question around, how many XB fans would be happy if the next Mass Effect wasn't released on their system? Bioware would abandon a large part of their old fanbase, just like Capcom & Square did back in the day. The same goes for Soul Reaver.

Wishing for these kind of game series to be exclusive just seems like a fanboyish mentality, as being available for everyone wouldn't be a loss of any kind to them.

I would argue that the Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain brand has been dormant for so long now that what hardware it appears on wouldn't be relevant. The last great games in the series weren't even on sixth Gen hardware were they (unless you count Dreamcast releases)? Legacy of Kain 2 on PS2/Xbox was the last main line release and I didn't see that as too big a release personally. The last exclusive games were on the PS1, I highly doubt many people see the franchise and immediately associate it with Sony platforms.

Comparing SR/LoK to Mass Effect doesn't make sense to me given the time lapse between the priors releases. Mass Effect would be a much bigger get for Sony that the other way around. Just my $0.02.

Well...I would probably die of excitement.

I would die right next to you :'(

Melchiah

I would argue that the Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain brand has been dormant for so long now that what hardware it appears on wouldn't be relevant. The last great games in the series weren't even on sixth Gen hardware were they (unless you count Dreamcast releases)? Legacy of Kain 2 on PS2/Xbox was the last main line release and I didn't see that as too big a release personally. The last exclusive games were on the PS1, I highly doubt many people see the franchise and immediately associate it with Sony platforms.

Comparing SR/LoK to Mass Effect doesn't make sense to me given the time lapse between the priors releases. Mass Effect would be a much bigger get for Sony that the other way around. Just my $0.02.

It probably isn't associated with PS platforms as much as MGS for example, but the fact remains that all the five entries were available on PS1/2 and PC, one on DC, one on GC, and two on XB. So, excluding either or both of the platforms, where all the games were on, just sounds like a misguided idea, be it from a fanbase or sales perspective. I guess the debate is meaningless though, as there apparently isn't a reboot in the making after all.

Here is a list of some popular ideas everyone has going around:

Fallout 4 (lol)
Mass Effect Contact (not happening)
Rainbow 6 Patriots (maybe)
Shenmue 3 (ahahahahahah)
Prince of Persia (possible)
EA Baseball game (would make sense if true)
KOTR 3 (would die of happiness)
Platinum Game (probable)

Melchiah

Fallout 4 (lol)
Shenmue 3 (ahahahahahah)
Platinum Game (probable)

Some have suggested Dino Crisis 4 and RE7 as well. The former could be possible, but hopefully not.

I didn't say it should be exclusive to any platform, I was simply explaining it could happen and just because previous installments came to another platform doesn't mean it's guaranteed to continue that way. Bayonetta, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear are examples of this. And again you can't whine about something not even announced yet not coming to your preferred system just because you already purchased the hardware. You're in the wrong thread.

I agree, I think it is shitty the way the industry is run but that's how it is and always will be. In the case of Bayonetta 2 it's less shitty because the game may have not been made without their help.

Melchiah

I didn't say it should be exclusive to any platform, I was simply explaining it could happen and just because previous installments came to another platform doesn't mean it's guaranteed to continue that way. Bayonetta, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear are examples of this. And again you can't whine about something not even announced yet not coming to your preferred system just because you already purchased the hardware. You're in the wrong thread.

I agree, I think it is shitty the way the industry is run but that's how it is and always will be. In the case of Bayonetta 2 it's less shitty because the game may have not been made without their help.

Yeah, there are no guarantees when it comes to smaller selling series, but as an old fan of Legacy of Kain I hope any possible future entry will be available for everyone, including the platforms the series resided on. There's also the possibility, that locking the game to one platform would do the franchise disservice by limiting the userbase, and closing the door for further entries.

No need to belittle differing opinions with terms like "whining". These threads would be awfully one-sided, if only agreeing views were to be posted. After all, all of this is about speculation, and people's guesses and wishes. The same applies to both parties.

I agree, that exclusivity deals are more acceptable, if they include funding and/or co-developing the game, as it's been with Bayonetta 2 and Demon's Souls. The games wouldn't probably exist on any platform otherwise. In an ideal world, there would be only such exclusives, along with the 1st party titles.

SilentFlyer

Fallout 4 (lol)
Shenmue 3 (ahahahahahah)
Platinum Game (probable)

I could see L4D3 may have a chance too. CBOAT posted few images of it last year.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Mass Effect would be believable to me, if EA aren't too burned by their initial forays into XB1 exclusivity. But more a PvZ situation than Titanfall.

I am actually glad for once something isn't spoiled by a leaker and we can anticipate something at E3, pretty excited even if it is a lackluster title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom