• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot rumor: Big third-party Xbox One exclusive at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a list of some popular ideas everyone has going around:

Fallout 4 (lol)
Mass Effect Contact (not happening)
Rainbow 6 Patriots (maybe)
Shenmue 3 (ahahahahahah)
Prince of Persia (possible)
EA Baseball game (would make sense if true)
KOTR 3 (would die of happiness)
Platinum Game (probable)
I think Platinum Game's work will publish by MS(and maybe MS own the ip) so even if happened,it's not that 3rd party exclusive

Prologue

I'm surprised we don't have any massive leaks about anything yet besides Beast souls and H2 anniversary.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!

Yeah, there are no guarantees when it comes to smaller selling series, but as an old fan of Legacy of Kain I hope any possible future entry will be available for everyone, including the platforms the series resided on. There's also the possibility, that locking the game to one platform would do the franchise disservice by limiting the userbase, and closing the door for further entries.

No need to belittle differing opinions with terms like "whining". These threads would be awfully one-sided, if only agreeing views were to be posted. After all, all of this is about speculation, and people's guesses and wishes. The same applies to both parties.

I agree, that exclusivity deals are more acceptable, if they include funding and/or co-developing the game, as it's been with Bayonetta 2 and Demon's Souls. The games wouldn't probably exist on any platform otherwise. In an ideal world, there would be only such exclusives, along with the 1st party titles.

It's odd you chose Demon's Souls as an example when later installments were multiplat games but had to be changed due to Sony likely owning the name. That also brings new problems like Heavenly Sword which is now in limbo with Sony also owning the rights to that IP. So that shows the flip side to that argument. Also the term whining isn't meant as derogatory because I've done a lot of whining myself because I am a firm believer games should be as available to as many consumers as possible.

Lemondish

I'm still thinking DayZ would be a good get.

I'd be totally okay with that. The game is in really bad shape still. Yes, I know it's an alpha, but I feel it hasn't fundamentally changed since early access. If an exclusive deal helps it along faster, it's good for me on PC too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd really love to see MS fund some things that have no chance of existing anywhere else, if not for them. KI and Crimson Dragon seem to both be something like that. Those are the kind of games I just love on the Xbox Platforms.

I'll hold out hope that Working Designs makes a comeback and its Lunar 3. :)

I think I'd be kinda confused, but joyously happy all day, if this were to happen. "It's pretty much looks exactly like a playable version of the PS2 / PSP openings!" Yes Plz. Grandia would be acceptable too.

Melchiah

It's odd you chose Demon's Souls as an example when later installments were multiplat games but had to be changed due to Sony likely owning the name. That also brings new problems like Heavenly Sword which is now in limbo with Sony also owning the rights to that IP. So that shows the flip side to that argument. Also the term whining isn't meant as derogatory because I've done a lot of whining myself because I am a firm believer games should be as available to as many consumers as possible.

Well, it was co-developed and funded by them, just like Thatgamecompany's games, The Unfinished Swan, and the upcoming Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. But yeah, there's that flip side, if they don't see the need to release sequels to the IPs they own. There's a rather sizable graveyard of old PS1 franchises left to rot.

And games being available for everyone is something we both believe in. =)

bidguy

Banned
on a different note, rod fergusson is going to be at e3. hopefully with some info on gears

dont really get excited about a third party exclusive. would have been on the console anyways

Flintty

It's highly unlikely but I'd like to see Marvel Heroes come to Xbox One (with account migration yeah!). Sony has DC, MS can have Marvel. It makes perfect sense!

Simbah

Neo Member
It could be Beyond Good and Evil 2. It was rumoured last year and I think there was a photo of an advert that had BGE2, new Banjo and Crackdown 3. I hope it is something else.

ryan299

8 more pages. Come on guys.

I saw a tweet saying SW Battlefront will be shown at MS conference and will have exclusive dlc. Don't know if its true or not but considering EA's partnership over the last year with MS, I wouldn't doubt it.

shem935

Banned
Has this been posted before?

"Sam Kulii ‏@whatsPlay

Expect most of the megatons to come from Microsoft in the form of bought exclusives. #E32014"

Source: https://twitter.com/whatsPlay/status/475388284332675072

Can I tweet that both consoles melt upon placing destiny in them because it is too next gen and have you put me on gaf as a credible source for info? Or are all random, unsourced, and idiotic tweets not up to your standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom