• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop dumpster divers caught by cops, who happen to be Final Fantasy fans

2zk8s.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
I used to work at an electronics store. We were instructed to destroy items in the trash to prevent people from trying to return, exchange them or attempt to get credit for them.
I really dont get this excuse: how the hell would this situation be possible ? Do stores in the US just let you exchange/return itens without a receipt?o_O

I really dont get this excuse: how the hell would this situation be possible ? Do stores in the US just let you exchange/return itens without a receipt?o_O

Yes, they do. Many stores have no-receipt return policies for in-store credit only. And stores that don't have a no-receipt policy can generally be talked into returning for store credit or equal-cost exchanges if you complain to customer service enough.

And then there's the trade-in aspect, especially for electronics and video games. Nearly everywhere that has any used game sales, accepts trade-ins for store credit. And those are much easier to sneak past. You get like $0.25 - $0.50 a game sometimes, but that adds up when you pull 100 games out of a dumpster for free.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
"I've got all the [NES] games on my computer...."

That cop would be banned from GAF lol.

That bookstore dumpster though...

The video is funny though especially the guy not wanting to jump in cause rats might pop out and the other guy was just like just jump in dude.

Top Bottom