• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming journalist refuses to cover Hogwarts Legacy due to its "ties" with J.K Rowling.

W91gX4Y.gif

Hilariously pathetic.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
It's pretty interesting to see someone literally working for Tencent trying so hard to sit on a moral high horse. For those who missed the memo, Tencent owns Fanbyte.

Wonder if he's so active condemning his employer's games considering their ties with a government that's committing literal genocide. 🤔

Incidentally, I'm no Potterhead. I've literally never watched a Harry Potter movie or read a book, but boy, today's presentation sold me on the game.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
There's a better way to do this. The game isn't even a work of hers, it's completely separate. Just say she's a piece of shit then move on and talk about the game. How hard is that?
Even worse, rhe developers have gone overboard to be overtly trans friendly etc. And they get repaid by having their game blackballed. That will really persuade other developers and publishers to make an effort....

NikuNashi

It's pretty interesting to see someone literally working for Tencent trying so hard to sit on a moral high horse. For those who missed the memo, Tencent owns Fanbyte.

Wonder if he's so active condemning his employer's games considering their ties with a government that's committing literal genocide. 🤔
Na, that won't get him the desired serotonin hit that he gets from virtue signalling to seals clapping on Twitter.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
He's very active on a certain forum that's banning people for talking about the game. He just doesn't want to get banned there and is sucking up to the inmates moderating the place.
No. He was on Game Informer for a while. He actually has a lot of sources and seems to be a good "game journalist" sometimes. But he's the biggest tool of all time in terms of being an SJW moron. Talk about having a blind spot the size of Texas. I dont know if he's ever met anyone outside of California before. He's based in San Fran I think.

Guy should live in the Midwest for a few years and learn to talk to normal people. One of the biggest bubbles I've ever seen.

Barakov

Gold Member

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I respect his right to not cover the game, but not his narcissistic need to tell the world why.

As the news editor of a gaming website, his "right" not to cover news about a major game is debatable, and even more so his "right" to replace said news with something unrelated. I guess his employer (Tencent) is very tolerant.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
As the news editor of a gaming website, his "right" not to cover news about a major game is debatable, and even more so his "right" to replace said news with something unrelated. I guess his employer (Tencent) is very tolerant.
Thats actually a really good point that i overlooked. Not only is he virtue signaling his ass off (lotta ass there btw) hes using the platform he was given for his occupation... this makes it 10 times worse.

Top Bottom