• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamingBolt: Killzone 2 Was One Hell of A Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While many shooters from this era struggled to find anything that really made them unique experiences, Killzone 2 had no such problem. It looked, sounded, and felt like nothing else on the market.

The game would sell over a million copies in just a few months, despite, again being a console exclusive. Despite a bit of a rough start on the PS2, the Killzone franchise really stepped it up with Killzone 2 in a way that many fans would say the series would never be able to eclipse. It certainly wasn’t for everybody, but it was one amazing game.

It was a fantastic game with an amazing multiplayer.

Imtjnotu

From the disaster that was the unveiling I was actually happy how the game turned out.

Liked it more than 3 years and shadow fall

I couldn't STAND the fucking AWFUL input lag of the controls. I hated it SOOOOOOO damn much. People say it added weight...It weighed my enjoyment down on the game. It was a visually stunning game though and it's art direction and deferred rendering looked incredible at the time. I'd love to replay it some time via Emulation using a m/kb and playing at 60fps. I know there's been some pretty big strides lately with PS3 emulation and that Kb/m play is possible.

Last edited:
I played it for a couple of hours and was annoyed by that guy always screaming at me and the sixaxis gimmicks. The art style was great though, I love this oppressive stuff.
Still a better game than FEAR 2, which launched 2 weeks earlier.

Shut0wen

It was a fantastic game with an amazing multiplayer.

Not big on Sony games but i personally loved the 2nd game, single player even though it had a poop story had a decent campaign, even the last boss as shit as he was, was still enjoyable, multiplayer though was where it was at for me, at that time i was hooked onto mw and halo 3 but this games multiplayer was so enjoyable and felt pretty balanced, i enjoyed the fact that uour character had weight, the 3rd game i couldnt dig into the campaign as much as the 2nd one but the multiplayer was awesome just ashame there werent many maps, shadow fall took everything that made killzone standout and made it generic as fuck, total shame

Unknown?

This game was amazing for 2009. Graphics were insane but gameplay was so detailed too. Animations still look good to this day.

[Sigma]

Like everything in this game but the controls, the controls were awful that's why I preferred actually playing KZ3 more at the end of the day despite KZ2 being superior as far Maps and classes go.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
It's one of those older generation games that I'd love to play through if Sony ever figures out how to do it on their console. How's PS3 emulation on PC looking these days?

LMJ

Yo Sony how about a remaster of this bad boy?

Or maybe a Remake ala DemonSouls...try to surpass that infamous trailer eh...eh?

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Leyasu

Banned
I would normally say that Gamingbolt should be banned...

But in this instance, I will just say that KZ2's mp was absolutely fantastic. I also bought a cross battle adapter and wired 360 pad especially for this game. It looked amazing, the heavy feel to the guns, classes and mix and match perks from other classes really hit the spot. That headshot chime never got old either.

Definitely one of my all time favorite mp shooters

Played through it recently, currently playing 3.
2 was great, but it has trash controls and anyone saying otherwise is just lying to themselves....even the developers said that the latency is soo bad because they wanted to push the visuals.

But realistically speaking...the bullshot gameplay was depressing to find out about but the end game actually looked in many aspects even better than the bullshots. The E3 reveal just had smooth/unrealistic camera follow and the overall esthetic was smoother. But the actual gameplay, weapons had way better lighting and weathering, great rag-doll physics, particle effects, lighting etc. They really stepped it up after that E3 debacle.

great looking game but it had the worst fucking controls which made the experience utter shit in some parts
i think people remember this game more for sony trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes than it being a good shooter

MAG was a much better ps3 shooter

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Good game maybe revived? No. Open world action adventure games are benefiting SONY more than Halo Infinite benefits Microsoft right now.

Top Bottom