• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GA's "Record/do what you like with the song" contest/game

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a little bit of artifacting, but not a whole bunch. Have fun. Do what you like. It's a predominantly DnB-esque song, but, if you take a Hideki Naganuma approach at it, you could probably throw some slammin guitar riffs over it. Rap, play guitar, add piano, do whatever you like!

It's encoded in vorbis.

The song

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
im workin on some stuff now, im having some problems with hearing what im playing out of my speakers though which is making recording a pain. hopefully ill get that worked out and have something up tomorrow :)

Raxel

Any chance of something a little more guitar friendly? At the moment I have to use arabian scales with some chromatic licks thrown in :O

Diablos

Haha, i just downloaded this pitch plugin for Winamp and have been messing around with some old Death Cab for Cutie songs. I'm gonna upload how I made it sound as soon as I get it working... maybe Tre or someone can mess with it.

"i ended up slicing the beat which was kind of cheating i guess but i used an unaltered loop for some of the song haha overall it turned out pretty crappy"

Slicing isn't against the rules. You can do whatever with it. (And that fucking owns, by the way)

FightyF

Banned
^^haha

I'd start on mine if my little brother wasn't on my BUZZ box...he's probably reading this right now on there...little bastich :)

Diablos

Fight for Freeform said:
Diablos, what's the name of the pitch plug in?
PaceMaker tempo controller v1.32.

It will crash if you try to use it with WAV files; only compressed audio seems to work.

EDIT: You people can slam me all you want. I just hope someone can use the samples I provided, especially the messed up "Amputations" beat I figured out.

sporks, what the hell. Are you dropping acid? Hahahaha

yoshifumi, that rocks dode. Keep up the good work.

Raxel

Diablos said:
EDIT: You people can slam me all you want. I just hope someone can use the samples I provided, especially the messed up "Amputations" beat I figured out.

I'll use it :D It sounds perfect for a raunchy rock opening.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fight for Freeform said:
Well, I tried. I couldn't figure out the notes you played so I tried something...but then halfway through I went crazy. :p

Crappilicious!

well at least it's better than mine. You got a better handle on the 303 than i do ;P

FightyF

Banned
Actually it wasn't a 303, it's the bass from the original track, put thru distortion and then I thought, hey this sounds like a 303 so I put it through a filter. :)

DJ Sl4m

I'll try and get to this as aoon as possible, unfortunately I had a very very close family member pass away the night before last at 7:50 :(

The wake is this evening and the funeral is tommorow, right now my head is still spinning from it all, but I'll to to do it if I get time, unfortunately I haven't been online or led my normal life for the last week, I just wish I had my grandfather back.

FightyF

Banned
LOL RedDwarf, some of those quotes I haven't heard before...hilarious!

yoshi: Gonna try and get started on it tonight. I heard the beat when you first put it up, but it's a bit different from what I usually work with, I just heard it again and now I have an idea of what to do with it.

Dopey: that's crazy stuff! Addictive drums and guitars at the same time.

FightyF

Banned
F***in awesome, Raxel!

Alas I haven't had the time to play with Yoshis sample, but I wanted to share something...

I had an idea for the longest time...I haven't done it yet, but I just remembered it this morning. It would be perfect for this forum!

Back on the Genesis you could do a soundtest for the Street Fighter games. I've always thought that the kicks and punches would make for great percussion. I never tried it because back then the samples were of low quality.

Fast forward to today, and now you can do it in the newer games (MAME roms) and get high quality samples. I don't have MAME, and it probably won't run on my computer...but maybe someone here can sample a good set of kicks, punches, and voice samples, so we can make songs entirely from SF samples! I even remember there being some samples that sound like vinyl scratches...and some of the vocals we can tune to middle C and use em, it would be sweet. What do you guys think?

-edit-
I just realized that my amp has headphone out, so I can hook it up to my mic port on the computer. If the quality is good (it's an old amp from the 70s) and there is little hiss/noise, I'll record them and hose a zip with all of them. I'll also tune some samples to C, if I can figure out how to use Antares Autotune 4 (demo, if anyone knows please PM me ). I'll try to get a lot of this done by tomorow.

FightyF

Banned
I tried, but I couldn't get anything without a substantial amount of noise.

I had my Xbox hooked to my TV, which was hooked to an old amp, where I used it's headphone out to 50m of headphone extension cord to my mic in. I was in the diagnostics mode of SFA3.

Here are the results...warning may cause your ears to bleed, turn down the volume!!

Way too much noise...gave me a headache!

My suggestion is to those who have it on MAME, to use a program called Total Recorder (demo version records up to 40 seconds, but if you have MAME then you'll probably have the full version of this software :p) to record the sounds being played. Convert the one big wave to mp3, and then the contestants can listen to it, and pick out what they want with an mp3 slicer and then convert it to wav for use in their audio creation tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom