• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual Coming-out thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Still doesnt mean we should let this thread die as well.

well of course not, more gaffers need to come out
ibzZgbnKa6eGOn.gif

Meicyn

Gold Member
Since someone pointed out that I should stay on topic in the other thread, going to respond to posts pointed in my direction here instead.

Cool. How do you think your parents will react?
Not well. Mother is a very religious Korean and my dad thinks Newt Gingrich should be President. I'm excited to spill the news! To be honest, I'm not all that close with my family since I always felt like the black sheep, so... rejection will hurt a bit, but not to the degree that most people go through.

Congrats! I really enjoy [positive] coming out stories. Any more details about the non-event? Also, good luck with your parents. Keep us posted.
Funny thing about yesterday's non-event... apparently my reputation as a troll among my peers has given me boy-who-cried-wolf status, and I wasn't taken seriously by most of the folks I told. I like to mess with people, but I was caught off guard on this one since I was being genuine. Guess it's my own fault, heh. At any rate, I emphasized that I was dead serious today and got a lot more surprised looks than I did yesterday. In a sense, today was my real coming out day.

How do you feel about coming out?
Fantastic. I'm just fortunate that I'm living in a more tolerant society today than those that have come before me. Now I just need to find the right guy.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not well. Mother is a very religious Korean and my dad thinks Newt Gingrich should be President. I'm excited to spill the news! To be honest, I'm not all that close with my family since I always felt like the black sheep, so... rejection will hurt a bit, but not to the degree that most people go through.

Well, at least you have no illusions about your situation. I hope it turns out well for you in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom