• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
12+ years of trying, been rejected, laughed at, left waiting, and even punched; so don't how else.

Looks, haircuts, places, clothing, age-groups, people..been there, done that. :p

And I barely put energy into this thread...unless "post moar pics" is. XD

what kind of guys you going for? are you aiming at one type like cute twinky shallow asians who don't take a first look at you because the way you look?
not just this thread. i see you in the post new picture thread on anyone cute ;P

fernoca

what kind of guys you going for? are you aiming at one type like cute twinky shallow asians who don't take a first look at you because the way you look?
not just this thread. i see you in the post new picture thread on anyone cute ;P

:p

But yeah, tall, short, slim, chubby, young, "old", (and all the "etc" in between).
Bars, clubs, groups, meetings, online, offline, (and more "etc.").
White, black, asian, hispanic, blondes, black hair, red hair...(etc).

Maybe when I move out to the US will have better luck...but I'll also be close to my 40s by then; which is like 100 years old in "gay years". :p

But yeah, tall, short, slim, chubby, young, "old", (and all the "etc" in between).

Maybe when I move out to the US will have better luck...but I'll also be close to my 40s by then; which is like 100 years old in "gay years". :p

just ask your parents for more allowance.

BeesEight

That's pretty specific. I can see where the issue is.

Where are you going?

fernoca

That's pretty specific. I can see where the issue is.

Where are you going?
Well, specific in that I'm quite broad, not focused in just a few types or looks; basically I like everyone..as long as said person is nice. XD

In what sense? I no longer go anywhere. :p
But in all this years, went to multiple clubs, bars, local groups, sonline sites, etc..etc. :p

As far as going to the US, is sitll in planning stages.. since I had a few problems involving money and other things. Either NY or California for sure.

Are bald gay men pretty much screwed? It seems that bald gay men aren't very succesful with gay people. I'm asking because I'm pretty sure I'm starting to bald (I have less hair than I used to, it's not that noticable yet). Will I have to lower my standards once I'm bald?

I find bald men sexy. In fact, recent crushes have all been bald. Shave it off and hit the gym and perfection.

Older men don't do relationships, they're incapable of it. There's a reason why they're still single.
So, at 25, you're obviously a sage about the inner workings of man. Would you mind imparting some of your knowledge with me? I would love to hear it. What made you come to the conclusion that older men are incapable of relationships? How many things did you consider for that to be your truth? How many circumstances have you experienced with this?

It's one thing to state something; but to state something about a group of individuals you're not a part of (yet) is silly. You're obviously free to speak your mind, but that comment makes you come off as an empty know-it-all no one should take seriously.

It's a fairly accurate one.
I see. Then you'll have no problem sharing your anecdotal evidence with me.

BeesEight

In what sense? I no longer go anywhere. :p
But in all this years, went to multiple clubs, bars, local groups, sonline sites, etc..etc. :p

As far as going to the US, is sitll in planning stages.. since I had a few problems involving money and other things. Either NY or California for sure.

Yeah, was curious where in the US. I'd like to visit New York. Not big on California though. I think it would be too hot.

DR2K

Banned
So, at 25, you're obviously a sage about the inner workings of man. Would you mind imparting some of your knowledge with me? I would love to hear it. What made you come to the conclusion that older men are incapable of relationships? How many things did you consider for that to be your truth? How many circumstances have you experienced with this?

It's one thing to state something; but to state something about a group of individuals you're not a part of (yet) is silly. You're obviously free to speak your mind, but that comment makes you come off as an empty know-it-all no one should take seriously.

I see. Then you'll have no problem sharing your anecdotal evidence with me.

Well I've been inside so many. . .

My interpersonal relationships, meetings, chats, observation, etc. . . I believe the older generations are just too ashamed of themselves. There are of course exceptions and blah blah blah.

I'm sure older men make observations about the younger generations, even though they've completely forgotten what it was like to be that young. Just my perspective from this walk of life.

Shitty crowd, bad luck, whatever it may be. It's just my opinion.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Older generations ashamed of themselves? In what way? Man, there aren't 'exceptions blah blah blah' because your 'rule' is a load of shit. Many of my gay mates are 35+ and are in long term relationships.

DR2K

Banned
Older generations ashamed of themselves? In what way? Man, there aren't 'exceptions blah blah blah' because your 'rule' is a load of shit. Many of my gay mates are 35+ and are in long term relationships.

Like I said the experience is relative. More opressed times, self gay loathing festering for years, etc. . . it's just a deduction on my part.

If anything I said offended anyone I'm sorry it offended you.

There are of course exceptions and blah blah blah.

Shitty crowd, bad luck, whatever it may be. It's just my opinion.
Right, and opinions aren't facts, which was my main problem with your post. It's nice to see you say that.

Like I said the experience is relative. More opressed times, self gay loathing festering for years, etc. . . it's just a deduction on my part.
Indeed, it is.

Anyway, thread needs more gayness: http://www.audioatrocities.com/games/enchantedarms/clip1.mp3

http://www.audioatrocities.com/games/enchantedarms/clip12.mp3

Also, all of you should buy Ys: The Oath in Felghana on Steam. $15. Great price for an extremely fun ARPG. Do it!

Isn't it odd how I knew this would happen?

I was telling Joel about how Eros always flakes out or cancels on me when we are supposed to hang out, and sure enough I don't get a call from him all day and I call him and he says he is hanging out with someone else.

I decided that it's time to stop holding onto false hope that we will ever be anything more than just two people. Can't be lovers, can't be friends. Y'all warned me the whole time and I didn't listen, I guess I'm just blinded by the idea of being in love.

Supposed to go hang out with Joel tomorrow, I am looking forward to it, he is so nice to me.

Chatting to a seemingly decent guy online... one problem, he says lol after everything. He can't stop saying lol enough "lol nope lol" "same here lol" "lol no cant lol" "lol" "lol". All the lolling time.

Goddamn annoying. He's 25 ffs and a manager. Lol!!

smh

Zalasta

Older men don't do relationships, they're incapable of it. There's a reason why they're still single. Don't waste your time thinking about it. Don't have sex with him either, unless that's what you want.

Not to make generalizations but younger guys under 30 are emotionally and physically stronger and are less afraid of suffering and they try and go for it. Older men are less prone to think like that.

Wow, the claims people make here are really quite astounding. As far as I know, the majority of the guys here are under 30 and most of them are not in a long term relationship. So how do you come up with these generalizations? Younger guys may very well be willing to take more risks, but emotionally and physically stronger? I don't think that is true.

As I recall, DR2K went through a phase of bemoaning the lack of dateable guys but has since then recounted for us many threesomes and one night stands, how then can you be a judge of who is and is not capable of relationship?

Are bald gay men pretty much screwed? It seems that bald gay men aren't very succesful with gay people. I'm asking because I'm pretty sure I'm starting to bald (I have less hair than I used to, it's not that noticable yet). Will I have to lower my standards once I'm bald?

Not at all. Since we're talking about purely physical attractiveness here, I prefer bald than someone who is trying to cover it up (and doing it poorly). Shaved heads is pretty common anyway, makes no difference to me. If you're fit and take good care of yourself, hair is the last thing I'd worry about (I actually don't like long hair on men).

red13th

Forum changes are scary! I wonder if this means we are going to OT Community.

Well nfl GAF has moved twice this week already, so I suppose gaygaf will also be taken to OT-community.

sgoiusmz30i.gif

I think? idk what's going on very well to be honest.

Alcoori

Well nfl GAF has moved twice this week already, so I suppose gaygaf will also be taken to OT-community.

sgoiusmz30i.gif

I think? idk what's going on very well to be honest.
Omg that community scene was hilarious.

Sorry to hear that Scott bit I think in the end it's a good thing. Eros is an ass and has been toying with your emotions and although several people told you sadly sometimes it doesn't matter and you have to realize it on your own.
I have been in your situation, refusing to see the red flags and clinging to the hope the guy I was seeing was a good guy and finding excuses for him just because he was so cute and nice when we were together. It's unfortunately part of the dating process

Also that old single guys have a problem talk is ridiculous, what if they were in a relationship that ended? You can't draw conclusions like that.

okno

Personally, 35-45 are the pinnacle years for a man, when it comes to sheer "fuck me now" hotness. So I hesitate to consider it old.

But that's just me.

Troof! I've never found boys my age attractive, in a sexual way. I like a chiseled, weathered man (keyword).

As for the older guys not into relationships thing, my boyfriend has a SEVERE hangup about relationships at the moment. Before me, it was a five year relationship. Before him, it was a seven year one. The first four months of us being together, I was never allowed to come close to uttering the word boyfriend around him, and he would remind me nearly daily that he wasn't about to fall in love with a 25 year old only for me to walk out on him as soon as he would get comfortable. He projected A LOT of his anxieties onto me, which was wicked unfair to me, but I still won him over ;)

That said, all of his friends and all other guys I know that are over the age of 35 have severe hangups due to past relationships. Most of them, however, seem totally content just having a rotating cast of fuck toys instead of investing any real time into a serious relationship.

DR2K

Banned
As I recall, DR2K went through a phase of bemoaning the lack of dateable guys but has since then recounted for us many threesomes and one night stands, how then can you be a judge of who is and is not capable of relationship?

How many have I had, since you seem to be keeping count? By that logic people with open relationships aren't capable of relationships.

I didn't know you had to have merits to judge relationship qualities. But lets say for a second I am incapable of relationships, wouldn't that make me even more qualified to state my opinion on those I deem incapable of having one?

This topic sucks, but it's preferable to watching a few verbally attack 1 member for their life choices.

Masamuna

Chatting to a seemingly decent guy online... one problem, he says lol after everything. He can't stop saying lol enough "lol nope lol" "same here lol" "lol no cant lol" "lol" "lol". All the lolling time.

smh

Not talking to me are you?

lol

Going on a date with a 47 year old muscle daddy tomorrow night. Actually looks to be really romantic. Homecooked meal, movie with cuddling, the works. I have a place to stay in town now if I ever need to crash, but the guy offered his guestroom (or his bed if the chemistry is right) so I'm really excited. Older dapper gents FTMFW

EDIT- Also, my beard is coming along nicely, still takes many a moon to grow :( Bonus - Redneck hat

daemonic

Banned

smh

This pisses me off too. Was chatting with a nice guy the other day, PhD candidate no less, but he spoke the exact same way. No matter how serious the conversation, every response was followed by a lol. I just don't get it.

sphinx

the piano man
Wow, the claims people make here are really quite astounding. As far as I know, the majority of the guys here are under 30 and most of them are not in a long term relationship. So how do you come up with these generalizations? Younger guys may very well be willing to take more risks, but emotionally and physically stronger? I don't think that is true.

well, I know I shouldn't be making generalizations but so far, from what I have seen in the dating site I frequent, al guys between 35 and 45, which is more or less what I am aiming at, are pretty fucked up. Either cheating on their boyfriends or single but definitely not capable of bonding with anyone. Sure there is the nice guy who could be a decent partner, but is jobless and living with his parents being 40.. sorry, but no.

al things said, we are just talking about how it's been so far for us, sharing impressions and opinions, of course there are all kinds of guys in all ages.

fernoca

smh

I raise you:
Saying "lol" during conversations. ;)

royalan

well, I know I shouldn't be making generalizations but so far, from what I have seen in the dating site I frequent, al guys between 35 and 45, which is more or less what I am aiming at, are pretty fucked up. Either cheating on their boyfriends or single but definitely not capable of bonding with anyone. Sure there is the nice guy who could be a decent partner, but is jobless and living with his parents being 40.. sorry, but no.

al things said, we are just talking about how it's been so far for us, sharing impressions and opinions, of course there are all kinds of guys in all ages.

But see, I could just as easily say that of the dating sites I frequent, most of the older men seem to be really mature, level-headed, accomplished individuals who are keen on who they choose to give affection to because they've learned over the years exactly what they want out of a relationship and exactly what they have to offer. And it's so. fucking. hot.

Whereas younger guys tend to be overzealous due to inexperience, immature, club-minded brats who can't see the world for what it is outside of their own narrow bubbles.

See, we can play this generalization game all day. And we'd all be wrong on some level. The generalizations don't help at all because the measure of a man these days has very little to do with their age. So it's best to just go on a case by case basis instead of advising anyone to disregard an entire segment of person based on their own personal experiences.

fernoca

Oh no, that just won't do. I realize I do it a lot online and when texting but I am trying to cut back. My new guy says "LOL" a lot in text messages, I'm gonna tell him to stop haha.
Hehe.; yeah. I've never said it..a lot at least. And I don't mind reading it in text messages, MSN, etc. (heck, I do the ":p" face a lot..even on here).

But saying "lol"...ugh. I like some that say "oh em gee" (OMG) instead of "Oh my god".

But see, I could just as easily say that of the dating sites I frequent, most of the older men seem to be really mature, level-headed, accomplished individuals who are keen on who they choose to give affection to because they've learned over the years exactly what they want out of a relationship and exactly what they have to offer. And it's so. fucking. hot.

Whereas younger guys tend to be overzealous due to inexperience, immature, club-minded brats who can't see the world for what it is outside of their own narrow bubbles.

See, we can play this generalization game all day. And we'd all be wrong on some level. The generalizations don't help at all because the measure of a man these days has very little to do with their age. So it's best to just go on a case by case basis instead of advising anyone to disregard an entire segment of person based on their own personal experiences.
I like you.

Uhhhh...when did Evilore get hot???

His new avatar? WOULD.
Haha. I think I've mentioned it in this thread before, but I like his ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom