• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Leipzig - Thread for Cheapskates, Loot Hunter and News Tidbits

VicViper

Any advice from GC veterans for a first-time visitor? I'd like to know what to expect from wednesday, especially.

Also, is 1UP going to be in Leipzig?

S1kkZ

i will be there on wednesday.
some infos i have:

-banjo will be playable for everybody (e3 demo)
-fable 2 will be playable at the ms vip area
-tomb raider underworld will be playable for everybody

S1kkZ

VicViper said:
Any advice from GC veterans for a first-time visitor? I'd like to know what to expect from wednesday, especially.

wednesday is the best day to be there: no waiting times, the halls are empty, you can breathe...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
VicViper said:

Wednesday is great since the only visitors are the pro and the press. Make sure you do as much stuff as possible on the showfloor that day, and get meetings the days after :)
As for 1up, they were here the last 2 years at least, usually crying on their PCs because the internet link sucks.

Loudninja

Rapping Granny said:
When is the Sony conference?

When: August, 20 - press-only day

Times are CET:

08:15 AM - 08:45 AM GC opening press conference

09:00 AM - 09:45 AM Electronic Arts

09:00 AM - 09:45 AM JoWood Productions

10:00 AM - 10:45 AM Intel GmbH

10:00 AM - 10:45 AM Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH

11:00 AM - 11.45 AM digital publishing

11:00 AM - 11:45 AM Ubisoft

12:00 PM - 12:45 PM Disney Interactive Studios

12:00 PM - 12:45 PM Turtle Entertainment

12:00 PM - 12:45 PM cdv Software Entertainment

01:00 PM - 01:45 PM Koch Media / Deep Silver

01:00 PM - 01:45 PM ProSiebenSat.1 Group / SevenOne Intermedia

02:00 PM - 02:45 PM Activision

02:00 PM - 02:45 PM GOA

03:00 PM - 03:45 PM Atari

03:00 PM - 03:45 PM Midway Games

04:00 PM - 04:45 PM Public Solution

04:00 PM - 04:45 PM dtp entertainment

05:00 PM - 06:00 PM Sony Computer Entrtainment Deutschland GmbH

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12162456&postcount=1

SappYoda

I signed for the sacred 2 multiplayer event.

21 august PS3 version 11:00 - 11:30

Is there any other event available to sign up?

Flek

Banned
fuck thats the first year i dont attend to the gc after 5 years straight (4 of them as press). And its the last one in lepizig - kinda sad that i miss it but yeha .. :(

According to gamestar.de there will be several presentations of the OFP2 during GC.

Thursday, 11:30
Thursday, 12:00
Thursday, 15:30
Thursday, 16:00
Friday, 19:30
Saturday, 19:30

Entrees must be at least 18 years old.

luffeN

@ DEAD RABBIT
any chance that you are the one from moz la punks message board from years ago?

on topic:

I will be there too, all week long, as press. Blim, Moz and rest, wanna meet somewhere on wednesday? no one except we will be in the public halls. I know that all of you will have meetings etc. but I guess sacrificing one hour should be ok?

VicViper said:
Can we set a time and place for a private GAF meet & greet?

I'll be there wednesday and thursday only.

yeah, that would be really cool. I will participate at the EA press conference on wednesday morning and later on at THQ playing darksiders I think. everyone of us has to go eat something sooner or later :), so what about eating lunch together or something like that?

edit 2: I'm actually in Leipzig starting on the coming monday in the evening for the whole week. maybe we could meet on tuesday... hm

one-cool

i'll be there from wednesday until friday/saturday.

Am having also some meetings but a little Meet&Greet would be really nice.

F-Pina

Don't know if i can make it to a meeting of fellow gaffers. Other meetings are more important :)
If i can i will check here to see time and place.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't

Fucking

Wait!

I'm going this year! Already have plane tickets and hotel booked. Will be there on the 23rd and 24th! Will be taking pics and will keep in touch with GAF each day after the show with my new laptop!

jiggle

Can't wait to see FFVIIR at this EUR event. :lol

I hope we'll get some info on the official release of HOME. Sounds like they're gearing up for that.

edit: what studio does carlosp work for?

littlebigplanet-1-marked.jpg

leipzig-1-marked.jpg

littlebigplanet-2-marked.jpg

littlebigplanet-4-marked.jpg

littlebigplanet-5-marked.jpg

IT BEGINS!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
banKai said:
I will be there too, all week long, as press. Blim, Moz and rest, wanna meet somewhere on wednesday? no one except we will be in the public halls. I know that all of you will have meetings etc. but I guess sacrificing one hour should be ok?
I definitely won't have one free hour on the Wednesday, or even 10 free minutes, but I'll be happy to chat a bit in heavily accented English if you say hi at the press lounge. Our laptops have gamersyde stickers and so do our cameras, so I should be easy to spot :)

Jos

I'll be attending all week along with Mario. Is anyone else attending the developers conference at the start of the week?

S1kkZ

thq lineup (playable for everybody):

- de Blob (Wii)
- WALL-E (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, NDS)
- Darksiders: Wrath of War (PS3, Xbox 360)
- WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, NDS)
- Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Saints Row 2 (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 (PC)
- UFC 2009 Undisputed (PS3, Xbox 360)

ed boon will be at the midway booth on thursday, 5 p.m. for one hour to sign your stuff

luffeN

Blimblim said:
I definitely won't have one free hour on the Wednesday, or even 10 free minutes, but I'll be happy to chat a bit in heavily accented English if you say hi at the press lounge. Our laptops have gamersyde stickers and so do our cameras, so I should be easy to spot :)

ok, nice! I will try and talk in french, lol. don't expect more than salut, je m'apelle stefan and so on though :p have glasses and black hair ^^

what about the others?? I have another idea. what about meeting in front of the hall where the huuuuuuuuge water "pool" is after the GC closes?

on another note: capcom will have the console versions of street fighter iv playable (as mentioned before with the tournament). playable chars: chun-li, ryu, el fuerte and crimson viper.

multiplayer (and singlepalyer) of bionic commando will also be playable. capcom public booth Hall 5, B02

the other games will be dark void and moto gp 08.

deftangel

took a programming course
I'll be there in the Business area 20th and 21st. Will try and get round to see most of it though as I've an easyish schedule. First time going so looking forward to it :)

Does anyone know where abouts you pick up the passes for the Business area?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Damn this GC sure is shaping up to be the best ever :)
Hopefully the move from Leipzig to Cologne next year won't change that momentum. I'm sure happy that it's 5 hours less of driving for me!

luffeN

Blimblim said:
Hopefully the move from Leipzig to Cologne next year won't change that momentum. I'm sure happy that it's 5 hours less of driving for me!

there will even be 2 conventions. one in leipzig and one in cologne, they don't move, so to speak. boris schneider johne cleared this up on his 360 blog dreisechzig.net if i'm not mistaken.

ram said:
x-blades (pc/xbox360/ps3) will be playable in hall 5, booth b20

are u from zuxxezz?

S1kkZ

Blimblim said:

it will. the convention next year is not the g|c, the team thats behind gc leipzig has nothing to do with cologne. (all the rights and names remain property of leipzig)

what we will end up with are 2 gimped conventions instead of one, thanks to ea.

luffeN

S1kkZ said:
it will. the convention next year is not the g|c, the team thats behind gc leipzig has nothing to do with cologne. (all the rights and names remain property of leipzig)

what we will end up with are 2 gimped conventions instead of one, thanks to ea.

why thanks to ea?

ram

deftangel said:
Does anyone know where abouts you pick up the passes for the Business area?

there is a dedicated parking lot and press area, you really cant miss it. as for the move from leipzig to köln, nothing is written in stone, since the new show wont use the name games convention and maybe the leipziger messe will go solo with their consumer expo.

banKai said:
why thanks to ea?

most local offices of the big publisher are located in frankfurt, munich, köln, hamburg - nothing in east germany...

banKai said:
there will even be 2 conventions. one in leipzig and one in cologne, they don't move, so to speak. boris schneider johne cleared this up on his 360 blog dreisechzig.net if i'm not mistaken.

are u from zuxxezz?

But that is far worse? They don't need to seperate this into two shows. They need one big ass show in either Leipzig, Cologne or Berlin. Splitting it up is going to make it even harder for the publisher to figure out were to foucs their attention.

luffeN

Vinterbird said:
But that is far worse? They don't need to seperate this into two shows. They need one big ass show in either Leipzig, Cologne or Berlin. Splitting it up is going to make it even harder for the publisher to figure out were to foucs their attention.

e3 decisions, second coming? :D

ram said:
most local offices of the big publisher are located in frankfurt, munich, köln, hamburg - nothing in east germany...

but why blame them then.. the publishers needed a good location for their work?

S1kkZ said:
my english is to bad to really explain this but i will try:
the biu (its an organisation were a lot of developers and publishers are in, including ea) decided to move the convention to cologne (the city of cologne gave them a shitload of money). the problem: it was mainly eas decision. they have the majority in the biu. when they decided to move to cologne, a lot of developers and publishers were pissed, because they werent asked.

ah, ok. damn ea :(

S1kkZ

banKai said:
why thanks to ea?

my english is to bad to really explain this but i will try:
the biu (its an organisation were a lot of developers and publishers are in, including ea) decided to move the convention to cologne (the city of cologne gave them a shitload of money). the problem: it was mainly eas decision. they have the majority in the biu. when they decided to move to cologne, a lot of developers and publishers were pissed, because they werent asked.
oh, guess which headquarter is right next to the convention area in cologne...

ms, nintendo and sony will continue to support the gc leipzig (i dont have a online source, its in the german games tm)

Gopsje

banKai said:
what about the others?? I have another idea. what about meeting in front of the hall where the huuuuuuuuge water "pool" is after the GC closes?

Well I've got the same EA thing and a lot of other appointments. Am free or walking around after 16:00+. With some free minutes here and there during the day. For me and I guess others after GC closes the actual work (or hell) will start.

Top Bottom