• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Leipzig - Thread for Cheapskates, Loot Hunter and News Tidbits

ram

banKai said:
but why blame them then.. the publishers needed a good location for their work?(

i dont blame them in the first place, but no convention company in west germany gave video games a chance and after the success, that the games convention is, they want their piece of the pie. and since most german arms form big companies are located in that area, it was easier to move the convention to cologne. afterall they are only reaping the fruits...

and btw. cologne is a butt ugly city .)

luffeN

Gopsje said:
Well I've got the same EA thing and a lot of other appointments. Am free or walking around after 16:00+. With some free minutes here and there during the day. For me and I guess others after GC closes the actual work (or hell) will start.

yeah, I know, same for me.. but for like...20 minutes after it closes... chill out a little before hell commeces :p come on guys! just once! :D

ram said:
ind btw. cologne is a butt ugly city .)

haha :D I've never been to cologne ^^

S1kkZ

Blimblim said:
That splitting up news sucks though :(

its does (its not really splitting up, like i said, the convention has nothing to do with the gc). and the new convention in cologne is sent to die. why? the new date is mid september 09, hello tgs!

carlosp

Banned
ram said:
and btw. cologne is a butt ugly city .)

how can cologne be ugly compared to leipzig? Like most of the other East cities Leipzig feels like you are in a total different country because it looks so poor. Cologne is a great choice because they have a huge airport and a lot of good hotels because it is a city for tourists. Besides the nightlife in cologne is pretty tight.

Jethro

Well there is an adage in Germany "Cologne ist die Scheiße vom Dom":lol

Leipzig's city centre is very nice and comfortable. Various historical old buildings, many good restaurants, shops and a great movie theater.

Hammer24

Banned
You guys seriously need to visit Leipzig city center! Cologne is fugly in comparison...

29vj59j.jpg

PS: ...and some OP updates.

luffeN

one-cool said:
Wednesday after the show at the pool sounds great for me. Anyone in?

YES! THAT'S THE SPIRIT :D

come on Spider_Jerusalem F-Pina Moz La Punk Blimblim carlosp Gopsje VicViper S1kkZ Jos & Mario deftangel

please?
168eu6o.gif

we could like make an allup show in the middle of it on the pathway, where it looks from the outside like you are walking on the water, haha ^^

what about the 1up guys?

edit: dont have a ticket for the concert :/ just a little talk before anyone goes to the concert?

VicViper

Wednesday would be perfect. Let's say we meet after the Sony press conference and head to Video Games Live concert together afterwards. Sounds like a plan?

luffeN

VicViper said:
Wednesday would be perfect. Let's say we meet after the Sony press conference and head to Video Games Live concert together afterwards. Sounds like a plan?

is the sony press conference the last meeting for everyone?

when does the concert start?

VicViper

I'd say right after the Sony press conference (5pm - 6pm) is the perfect time to get together for a meet & greet. I'll be there, hall 3, booth E02.

Video Games Live starts 7pm. Who's going?

Jethro

After the Sony PK is always the perfect time to meet, because you can eat as much as you want and drink corona until you are totally drunk:D

luffeN

VicViper said:
I'd say right after the Sony press conference (5pm - 6pm) is the perfect time to get together for a meet & greet. I'll be there, hall 3, booth E02.

Video Games Live starts 7pm. Who's going?

ok, that should be fine for me. so around 6 pm in hall 3, booth e02?

Jethro said:
After the Sony PK is always the perfect time to meet, because you can eat as much as you want and drink corona until you are totally drunk:D

lol, but only if you are at the PK, right?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like criterion will have some sort of burnout paradise showing at Leipzig, i'm guessing the PC version but who knows.

evlcookie said:
Looks like criterion will have some sort of burnout paradise showing at Leipzig, i'm guessing the PC version but who knows.

They'll probably be showing off the bikes and new island also.

Square Enix will show (Hall 3):

Final Fantasy XI (PC/360)
Dragon Quest: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
Final Fantasy IV (DS)
Infinite Undiscovery (360)
Chrono Trigger (DS)
Space Invaders Extreme - thx to Kazenone!

How come these aren't all multiplatform? I though Square said...

luffeN

carlosp is also fine with meeting after the sony PK. I will wait for the others to reply and then write a clear post as to when, where, with whom. maybe this can then be included in the OP

C.T.

travisbickle said:
How come these aren't all multiplatform? I though Square said...

The same way they don't won't Sony to become the dominant HD plattform in japan - that's why they only release FF XIII on ps3.

edit: yes, broken logic.

Gopsje

banKai said:
carlosp is also fine with meeting after the sony PK. I will wait for the others to reply and then write a clear post as to when, where, with whom. maybe this can then be included in the OP

I'm up from like 16:00+ till around 19:00 I guess.... Ain't going to the Sony PK and having an other appointment later that night so I'll have to pass on the Music Live thing. So sign me up.

Blablurn

I totally support the change to cologne. especially because i live near the city :)

and cologne is not that ugly

koeln5.jpg

I'm really looking forward to next year.

luffeN

update from me: cant come to sony pk, have an appointment with THQ from 5 to 6pm for darksiders. but will come to the sony pk hall after that

Superfrog

banKai said:
there will even be 2 conventions. one in leipzig and one in cologne, they don't move, so to speak.

Yeah, and that's actually a big problem for both conventions. This is exactly how you kill Germany as a carefully built-up and established location for a big games expo in the long term. Eurogamer Expo in London is already announced, and if they'll really have two half-assed conventions next year in Germany, I can see a movement of the industry towards the UK as a location.

However, I can understand that the Leipzig persons in charge refuse to give up. Nevertheless it's the wrong decision for the industry because the geographical position of Cologne is just better for almost everyone.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
banKai said:
YES! THAT'S THE SPIRIT :D

come on Spider_Jerusalem F-Pina Moz La Punk Blimblim carlosp Gopsje VicViper S1kkZ Jos & Mario deftangel

please?
168eu6o.gif

we could like make an allup show in the middle of it on the pathway, where it looks from the outside like you are walking on the water, haha ^^

what about the 1up guys?

edit: dont have a ticket for the concert :/ just a little talk before anyone goes to the concert?
Sorry but on Wednesday it's all about putting as much good quality footage online as possible, so there is no way I'll be able to be at a meeting that day.

Jethro

banKai said:
lol, but only if you are at the PK, right?

That is usually not a problem to attend this event. In the last three years i was always there, even without a invitation. To be honest, as a Nintendofan my only goal was to eat and drink for free:lol

VicViper

Do you even need an invitation for the Sony press conference to begin with? I thought the business visitor badge would suffice. Also, is there any point in visiting the Business Center without an appointment?

Jethro

Without appointments, there is really nothing to do in the business center. Well in the days of public visitors, the business center has a much softer noise level. So if you need to rest, go there.

Normally the business visitor badge or the press pass should be sufficient. Well in 2006 there was some kind of registration going on, so I had to sneak in ;). Anyway Sony's buffet is really delicious.

looking forward to Just Cause 2 and hopefully they will show Test Drive Unlimited 2

BTW, since the OP has done such a good job here lets just make this the official Leipzig thread.

luffeN

Blimblim said:
Sorry but on Wednesday it's all about putting as much good quality footage online as possible, so there is no way I'll be able to be at a meeting that day.

last try: not even after the sony PK for like 15 minutes? :D if not, then ill just drop by to where you mentioned before ;)

Jethro said:
That is usually not a problem to attend this event. In the last three years i was always there, even without a invitation. To be honest, as a Nintendofan my only goal was to eat and drink for free:lol

ah yeah, right.. last year they had a list of names but I think there were some uninvited people too ^^ but as I said, I have the darksiders presentation.

I should have like enough free time before the sony PK to take a picture of the place it will be held so that we can arrange a meeting place somewhere there? so that everyone really knows where to go to? :D

Hammer24

Banned
How about I put the "6 pm in hall 3, booth e02 on Wednesday" into the OP?
Whoever can make it, makes it... :D

Oh and, how about a Friday 6pm meet at the Sacred2 Knightshall? :lol

Edit: Done, OP updated :p

Gopsje

Damn , my evening appointment just got canceled :(
So I'm even up for the music thing (tickets where how much etc?)....

Blimblim

The Inside Track
banKai said:
last try: not even after the sony PK for like 15 minutes? :D if not, then ill just drop by to where you mentioned before ;)
That's about the worst time of all, since I'll be scrambling to the press room to put all the interesting footage of the conference online asap :)

Hammer24

Banned
Sacred2 news:

Game is coming November 7th for PC, 360 and PS3. Collectors Edition available, probably going to contain:
- special "Ingame Item"
- a Sacred2 Tattoo-Set
- a printed map of Ancaria
- a Soundtrack CD
- an Artbook
- a CD audio book - The Shadow Warrior
Everything in a very nicely done casing.

Game 60€, CE 76€ on consoles; 42/53€ on PC

ram said:
playable at the sony booth (public):

* Buzz! Quiz TV
* Echochrome (PSP)
* Flower
* Gran Tourismo 5 Prologue
* Little Big Planet
* Motorstorn: Pacific Rift
* Rag Doll Kung Fu
* Ratched & Clank: Quest for Booty
* Resistance 2
* Singstar Vol.2
* Secret Agent Clank (PSP)

beside that, mirrors edge, tomb raider underworld... all playable at the various booths.
Damn, can't wait to see this in motion:

1536_0011.jpg

1536_0012.jpg

1536_0013.jpg

Word, the Thailand level (pictured) will be playable.

Holy crap Tomb Raider looks good. Will be checking this out! I'm dissapointed that Blim won't be at the show on Sat. Have to give thanks for helming such a great site for videos!

Top Bottom