• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 - 4K Gameplay Debut (Gamescom 2016)

Bsigg12

I watched it on my 1440p on the 4k settings and I dunno, is 4k overrated? It didn't look amazing tbh.

4K content without the compression of something like YouTube looks far better. YouTube/Netflix 4K is essentially 1080p without the compression, well that's how I see it. Watching UHD Blu-ray movies looks pretty amazing on a 4K TV.

Raw bars

Banned
Wow that looks really good, it's so sharp. I really liked that move where he pulled the enemy over the barricade and stabbed him.

4K content without the compression of something like YouTube looks far better. YouTube/Netflix 4K is essentially 1080p without the compression, well that's how I see it. Watching UHD Blu-ray movies looks pretty amazing on a 4K TV.

after jumping from 1080p to 1440p I am not noticing a massive difference in games tbh, maybe I need to get my old monitor and put them side by side.

Meh, I really enjoyed Gears 1 & 2, then sold my x360 before 3 and Judgement came out, but this seems to be more horror-oriented than I remember the series being. :(

I think most people would agree the original two games leaned on horror trappings (to a degree), where as Gears of War 3 and Judgment almost completely abandoned them.

As a longtime fan, I'm happy to see them trying to reignite that tension again.

I actually love the design of the new enemies, they look more alien and scary to me, which isn't something I was necessarily looking for but I'm more than happy with it.

Top Bottom