• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 - New screenshots

btags

Uh

First off, we passed that a while back.

Second of all, isn't a bullshot usually a just a screen taken at a higher resolution than the game is capable of? This clearly isn't that, are you guys accusing these of just being straight up fake?

Bullshot can have increased, res, effects, geometry, etc. That Gears shot was totally a bullshot. The original Gears looked nowhere close to that (I say this a s a huge fan of the first Gears).

Naminator

Banned
tiny-text.png

*Squints*, looks great!

Pretty much this.

dont like the art or design of the lightning level. I wonder how forced it will be to stop here, go now sort of thing. I thought it would look more dark and random with lighting effects to light the way in a dark jungle or something

Didn't they confirm no Locust? The head stabbed creature ad the one behind cover w/ Hammerburst sure do share a lot of similarities to the drones..

Kssio_Aug

This will be a great year for TPS fans. It's hard to tell which I'm looking forward the most: Gears 4, Quantum Break or Uncharted 4.

Those screens are looking really nice!!
And I don't think XB1 version will look much worse than this (if any worse). Uncharted 4 looks pretty damn awesome and is running on PS4 after all.

Not trying to turn it into a PS4 vs. XB1 war though. It's just that I believe this game will probably be one of the best looking games on XB1 when it releases, and since we're getting Uncharted 4 and Quantum Break on consoles already, I just believe! :)

Vidpixel

Looking good, that lightning shot in particular is super impressive. Still not sure if I like JD Fenix's design, though. I don't know, seems kind of generic to me.

Card Boy

Banned
Thought we where done with Locusts after Gears 3 since they all got wiped out. Or is this set on a different planet?

SimonM7

Absence sure makes the heart grow fonder. Off the back of Gears 3 I was basically full. Judgment only reinforced that notion with an immediate feeling of bbbbbooy have I done this enough for a lifetime.

Now we're on new hardware, taking stock of what Gears did best, and the idea of a hardcore, arcadey cover shooter - after all the distillation of that basic concept that has been going on - is actually genuinely appealing again.

JD looks boring. Let me play as either of the other two characters or give the dude a poncho or something. Right now he just looks like Baird without the goggles or soulpatch.

Top Bottom