• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Gears of War 4 - New screenshots

pizzacat

Banned
Nov 10, 2014
Yeah man it's looking great, not liking the weapon redesigns, lancers butt is looking suspect

zsynqx

Sep 5, 2015
I kinda miss that Unreal Engine look which was so present last gen, so loving these shots.

Lighting looks phenomenal.

DJ_Lae

Jan 28, 2008
AB
I like the vaulting over cover to kick the enemy in the face move, although it reminds me of Bulletstorm and that makes me sad because we'll never get another of those.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Mar 15, 2007

Fucking bullshots. Ten years later and we are barely coming close to this.

Oct 17, 2006
www.calculusvictoria.ca
lighting looks awesome.

1080p, great lighting, and that gears 1 atmosphere - good to go boys! [& girls!]

i'm sure there will be some xbone shortcomings when we see bigger pictures, but they seem to have nailed a solid "look" regardless.

Dictator93

Jun 29, 2011

HIgh quality assets, per object motion blur, good post post process bloom, real time shadows.

Gears only started looking like this around Gears 3 time.
---

They probably are PC shots tbh. But yeah,... at unattainable resolutions. That is, if you can even see them in the first place screenshotsforants.jpg

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Feb 10, 2010
Vancouver, BC
www.orcsmustdie.com

Game Informer noted the one render which is the knife kill. It's stated in the article.

[Note: the image above is technically a render and not a screenshot but it looks pretty close to the execution animations we saw in the two demos.]

The rest are screenshots from the demo they got to see.

pizzacat

Banned
Nov 10, 2014
why do they talk about the vault kick as if its new to gears
You can now do something else like a knife kill after a mantle kick iirc, but there's a change to the mantle kick I think

It's weird I gotta see some video, pls soon coalition

May 11, 2009
Game Informer noted the one render which is the knife kill. It's stated in the article.

[Note: the image above is technically a render and not a screenshot but it looks pretty close to the execution animations we saw in the two demos.]

The rest are screenshots from the demo they got to see.
Which version?

:)

Shin-chan

May 8, 2015
Lighting does wonders for modern games. The scene in the op looks exciting even if the gameplay is the same as always.

Xbob42

Banned
Mar 7, 2016
Campbell, CA
Not sure why Game Informer decided to upload fucking 610x330 shots but...they look great even at this small size.
Er, I think you mean they look great because of their small size. Screenshots almost always look way more impressive as you shrink them down, much harder to see flaws. (Not saying they do or do not look great at full size, as I obviously don't know.)