• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 - New screenshots

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
render_juvie_closeupk1ygx.jpg

when you bustin a nut and it gets all over you, but you dont even care cause that nut is STILL bustin

rashbeep

Banned
I am a little surprised with the "looks great", "PC version", or "bullshots" comments to be honest.

Are the graphics in the screenshot (the compressed JPG doesn't help, but this is what we have at the moment) below so great for a Xbox One game? All the textures in the background are not impressive for sure and the lighting too. Also the AF even near the characters is not great either.

Is work in progress for sure but at this state is GOW 4 at "bullshot" level when we have games like Quantum Break or Ryse on the Xbox One?

Agreed, this game isn't really blowing me away yet, based on what I've seen from the gameplay footage or screenshots. QB and Ryse both look better.

I'm not sure why... maybe because I'm sort of sick of post-apoc zombies and viruses or something (and I know there's some parallel here too lol) but I'm kinda psyched for some new space marine cover-shooting gore.

Duxxy3

Looks cool so far but please, please, please make your teammates AI better in this one. I had an awful experience playing the Ultimate edition because of this. It left a super bad taste in my mouth when after I finished it on Hardcore I didn't even bother with Insane.

I spent a good portion of last year yelling at the AI in Gears of War games. Strangely enough the best AI in the series was in Judgment. Those people could tear shit up.

dr_rus

I am a little surprised with the "looks great", "PC version", or "bullshots" comments to be honest.

Are the graphics in the screenshot (the compressed JPG doesn't help, but this is what we have at the moment) below so great for a Xbox One game? All the textures in the background are not impressive for sure and the lighting too. Also the AF even near the characters is not great either.

Is work in progress for sure but at this state is GOW 4 at "bullshot" level when we have games like Quantum Break or Ryse on the Xbox One?

I agree, the screenshots look good but they're by no means approaching the "bullshots" territory and they're obviously not from the possible PC version.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I agree, the screenshots look good but they're by no means approaching the "bullshots" territory and they're obviously not from the possible PC version.

The knife kill shot, and creature close up were confirmed 'renders' and not in game by Game Informer and the file names.

The others say gameplay. Now which system, who knows. But knowing that MSFT is switching to have that Win10 ecosystem, I expect a lot of Win10 shots moving forward for initial marketing, etc..

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
The knife kill shot, and creature close up were confirmed 'renders' and not in game by Game Informer and the file names.

The others say gameplay. Now which system, who knows. But knowing that MSFT is switching to have that Win10 ecosystem, I expect a lot of Win10 shots moving forward for initial marketing, etc..

The Juvie shot is from an in-game cinematic.

Jumeira

Banned
Love the twisted dark horror direction they're bringing the game back to. Gears 3 was fantastic, but if we can get the same game play with this dark atmosphere this game will be perfect.

Top Bottom