• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

gears of war/discovery channel xbl promotion?

Joe

discovery channel is sponsoring the new free gears of war MP maps and they're also giving away a million XBL points.

the site was supposed to be www.readyaimfire.com but its been a godaddy parking page forever now. is that right site or is it something else? i believe the million point giveaway started today.

Wolffen

Somebody probably already hacked the thing and got all 1,250 codes for today, so it's not offering a way to get them now. That or the webmaster took them all for himself.

neptunes

works now

ENTRY FORM
ENTRY SUCCESSFUL

You have accessed the Discovery FutureWeapons Microsoft Points giveaway.

Look for an e-mail transmission in 3 business days advising you of your status.

LATEST notification would be WEDNESDAY!

Zonar

NO POINTS FOR YOU!
Sein_soup_nazi-786355.jpg

Heel

The server is probably rejecting you because of the heavy traffic. I had to enter my age a few times to get to the next screen.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wonder if this is random. It says not everyone will be awarded. Oh well, at least the site is actually running unlike Verizon's giveaway

I suppose you could go redeem some of your 48-hour codes to get extra legit gamertags. Or just go sign up some more Silver accounts.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Entered,thanks for the link.

Heel

Wario64 said:
I wonder if this is random. It says not everyone will be awarded. Oh well, at least the site is actually running unlike Verizon's giveaway

Official Rules said:
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the stated promotion period.

Looks like it. They're probably using the "3 business days" to weed out fake/duplicate entries before drawing winners.

Awesome! I'm signed up.

Say what you will about the MS Point system, but it more easily allows for contests like these then if the marketplace were only based on currancy.

pr0cs

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Awesome! I'm signed up.

Say what you will about the MS Point system, but it more easily allows for contests like these then if the marketplace were only based on currancy.

Well considering the contest is for USA residents only the currency really makes no difference.
Still nice to see them giving away points though, just wish I could participate :)

Burai

shitonmychest57
Kung Fu Jedi said:
Awesome! I'm signed up.

I don't see how it makes things any easier.

What's the difference between giving away $10 of MS/Wii points or $10 of credit to use on the PSN?

It's the exact same system in both cases, except that Microsoft/Nintendo force you to buy points in awkward combinations that you can never totally spend without adding more points later.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Kung Fu Jedi said:
Awesome! I'm signed up.

Burai said:

What's the difference between giving away $10 of MS/Wii points or $10 of credit to use on the PSN?

It's the exact same system in both cases, except that Microsoft/Nintendo force you to buy points in awkward combinations that you can never totally spend without adding more points later.
But can't you refund whatever money is in your PSN wallet back to your credit card?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Points and currency doesn't matter. All systems have a way to redeem stuff by using codes. Well, except PS3...they still haven't released those damn Playstation cards

Burai said:

Point taken on the give away thing. But we'll see how many promotions pop up that give way credit on the PSN. Perhaps there will be, but it's just a different way of looking at it.

But I'll give you an example of how the point system can be better. Best Buy and other places have put points on sale or used them as door busters. So there have been times when you could get 1600 points for $5 or something. That's not going to happen on PSN.

Also, I bought and spent my intital points without having to buy more to use them up. That's kind of a silly statement. It totally depends on what you spend them on.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Like I said, once Sony finally releases those Playstation Network cards, there won't be a difference at all

Wario64 said:
Like I said, once Sony finally releases those Playstation Network cards, there won't be a difference at all

Oh, and sorry, I wasn't trying to turn this into a Live vs. PSN or any other network debate. I was just pointing out that there can be advantages to having points as opposed to using cash. The BB points cards being on sale is one example. And I've never had any problems converting points to cash so it's easy to figure out what you're spending.

I've just heard others on GAF comment that they hate points and would rather it was just dollars.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
joaomgcd said:
So, has anyone got their email? 3 days have passed...

Business days. Expect emails tomorrow if it said on the 3rd day, or Thursday if it's after three days.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just got the email,won 400 points :)

Anybody else?

Top Bottom