• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War on PC...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I hope this is going to be a top notch port instead of the XBox 360 shovelware that PC gamers have been getting so far. GRAW won't even run at a steady 60fps on an 8800GTX/Core2DuoQuadcore.
GRAW is not a 360 port. The PC game is entirely different.

SapientWolf said:
I hope this is going to be a top notch port instead of the XBox 360 shovelware that PC gamers have been getting so far. GRAW won't even run at a steady 60fps on an 8800GTX/Core2DuoQuadcore. Lost Planet ran even worse and didn't look nearly as good.

Ideally, you can lock the framerate to your refresh rate. If you can't then it won't look nearly as smooth. I'm not lying when I say that 200fps doesn't look too much better than 50fps.

Oh no you didn't.

NeOak

I guess ill get a PhysX card, since the 360 version uses the tech, and the UT3 engine uses it too, so i think this game will use it.

NeOak said:
I guess ill get a PhysX card, since the 360 version uses the tech, and the UT3 engine uses it too, so i think this game will use it.

Or you can wait until you know for sure if you need it...which you probably won't.

I've spent the morning so far posting on various official forums...Shadowrun, Gears of War, etc...Console gamers are flipping out over the Gears of War leak. I think Cliffy will announce stuff at E3 and make everything clear and everyone happy.

Think I'm going to play some Annex tonight. Gears ftw.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So a good friend of mine lent me his spare 360 so that I could game again (360 DVD drive crapped out after all this time) - and I was right - Gears on 360 is exactly as smooth as in that vid - I guess you forget how damn smooth Gears is after not playing it for 2 weeks...

LJ11

Skilotonn said:
So a good friend of mine lent me his spare 360 so that I could game again (360 DVD drive crapped out after all this time) - and I was right - Gears on 360 is exactly as smooth as in that vid - I guess you forget how damn smooth Gears is after not playing it for 2 weeks...

:lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Skilotonn said:

You must be watching the wrong video.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Well I guess since the cat is out of the bag, the person I spoke to about GoW PC was Mark Rein himself. :lol

Skilotonn said:

Always great to have a good laugh in the morning.

SSM25

Skilotonn said:

were you watching the video on a very very very old computer?

I've been playing Gears a few nights a week, and what's with this roadie running backwards, and shooting while doing it bullshit? I encountered an entire team doing it tonight. Really pissed me off. As a whole though, Gears still rocks. Even if I'm not as good as I used to be.

kuYuri

ToyMachine228 said:
I've been playing Gears a few nights a week, and what's with this roadie running backwards, and shooting while doing it bullshit? I encountered an entire team doing it tonight. Really pissed me off. As a whole though, Gears still rocks. Even if I'm not as good as I used to be.

That's the roadie run glitch. It's been there awhile and still has yet to be fixed, despite updates released.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
ToyMachine228 said:
Gears of War's network code for the Xbox 360 wasn't designed with it in mind so I don't think it'll happen.

Well the network code wasnt even designed in mind to play network games properly anyway.

God, the PC version better work on XP.

I liked GoW on 360 quite a bit, but it was too short. I'll definitely get this on PC if it's Xp compatible. My rig can run this at ~60fps, if Lost Planet is any indication. Hell, Epic will make GoW run like melted butter on PC.

Illuminati said:
They do not think PC owners would be able to run Gears of War, but are expecting gamers to run UT III?

I dont know .. really you would need one HELL OF A SYSTEM to run Gears of War on the pc.. but then again UT will need some horsepower too.. but then again, UT probally wont look as sharp as Gears since Gears is mainly single player while UT is multi player.. and that usually means some scaled back visuals regardless

Borys

Banned
Skilotonn said:

StevieP

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:
I dont know .. really you would need one HELL OF A SYSTEM to run Gears of War on the pc.. but then again UT will need some horsepower too.. but then again, UT probally wont look as sharp as Gears since Gears is mainly single player while UT is multi player.. and that usually means some scaled back visuals regardless

Dude... most gaming PCs built in the last year or more have more beef than the 360. Unless it's poorly optimized, PCs aren't going to have any trouble with Gears.

Anyone have a mirror to the HD video?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
LJ11 said:

Wario64 said:
You must be watching the wrong video.

RiskyChris said:
Always great to have a good laugh in the morning.

SSM25 said:
were you watching the video on a very very very old computer?

Borys said:

Actually, I watched the direct feed GOW PC video on a Vista laptop, and I play in HD... and I know damn well that some of you posting here still play on SD TV's, and run crap PC's (Borys, haha!), not to mention don't even play the game on a daily basis like I do...

I wouldn't have said it if I didn't see and think so myself, damn... but okay.

Top Bottom