• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Gears of War remaster coming to Xbox One, sources say" (by Splash Damage)

Bgamer90

Banned
My only issue with them only remaking the first one would be the lack of having a horde mode :/ unless they decided to add one. That'd be pretty cool.

Horde is my favorite thing about Gears MP. It would be nice if they added it if this won't be a full remake collection.

Mugatu

Xbox head Phil Spencer has indicated that Microsoft wants to get back to basics with Gears of War.

Just scrap the Judgement changes that most people didn't like, don't get back to Gears 1 basics, Gears 2 and 3 were both improvements over previous games.

This is good news but I really wanted Horde, not sure if I want to play Gears 1 again after playing it on the 360, then on the PC, and then again when it was free with Judgement and when it was free with Gold.

I'm kind of disappointed it'll be 60fps if true.

Hear me out; Halo 5 will target 60FPS, so MCC doing the same makes sense. The next Gears will likely target 30FPS to be a show-off piece like previous entries. Letting us warm up with a 60FPS release before returning to 30FPS can feel like a step back. I'd rather they made it a full on anniversary edition like Halo 1, giving us great graphics at 30FPS, maybe with a toggle like Halo. But if the next Gears is 60FPS as well, I'm all for it.

Hear me out; Halo 5 will target 60FPS, so MCC doing the same makes sense. The next Gears will likely target 30FPS to be a show-off piece like previous entries. Letting us warm up with a 60FPS release before returning to 30FPS can feel like a step back. I'd rather they made it a full on anniversary edition like Halo 1, giving us great graphics at 30FPS, maybe with a toggle like Halo. But if the next Gears is 60FPS as well, I'm all for it.

We have absolutely no reason to assume Gears of War 4 will be targeting 30 FPS. If anything, the framerate for this project should indicate a 60 FPS goal going forward.

Kssio_Aug

Maybe you're right about next Gears targetting 30fps, but I guess a remaster of a previous gen game not targetting 60fps would let people disappointed.

no maam

Banned
Thing is that they may have quite a bunch of titles for next year aswell, such as a new Forza (maybe Horizon 3), Scalebound, Quantum Break, and certainly something new. Maybe, but more unlikely, Gears of War 4 aswell.

But yeah, there are too many titles together, and Battlefront, MGSV and Mad Max.
Too packed for me. I May be the first person to complain about too many games. I guess it's good at the fact I'll get mgs,bf cheaper down the road. If xenoblade comes out during the holidays then I'm tucked.

Kssio_Aug

Too packed for me. I May be the first person to complain about too many games. I guess it's good at the fact I'll get mgs,bf cheaper down the road. If xenoblade comes out during the holidays then I'm tucked.

Honestly, that's too much for me aswell, I will have to make choices there (and by now Halo 5, Gears R., Forza M.6 and Battlefront are my priorities). I'm not even spending a cent until these games get released, I won't buy any minor title or other 3rd party release down the road.

But when it happens to be a bad season of releases we may be able to pick the rest in a better price. So I'm fine with that! =)

Honestly, that's too much for me aswell, I will have to make choices there (and by now Halo 5, Gears R., Forza M.6 and Battlefront are my priorities). I'm not even spending a cent until these games get released, I won't buy any minor title or other 3rd party release down the road.

But when it happens to be a bad season of releases we may be able to pick the rest in a better price. So I'm fine with that! =)

The struggle starts now for me. Batman: Arkham Knight, MGS V, Mad Max, Battlefront, Halo 5: Guardians, Gears of War: Remastered, DOOM (well, maybe), Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Rainbow Six: Siege, Until Dawn and Call of Duty: Black Ops III.

This is fucking madness, my wallet isn't ready.

no maam

Banned

And I totally forgot about bo3. Zombies! This fall/winter is going to be beautiful. I hope all the games run perfectly. That's my only hope obi juan.

Bgamer90

Banned

It definitely is pretty insane how packed the Xbox One's lineup will be during the second half of the year after it being pretty tame during the first half of the year. I bought about 5 Xbox One games this year so far and there's close to 20 that I want that will be coming out later this year. I will more than likely just wait to get some of them in early 2016.

Kssio_Aug

Me at the end of the year...
1000x500px-LL-cb41418d_1291084097721.png

no maam

Banned
It definitely is pretty insane how packed the Xbox One's lineup will be during the second half of the year after it being pretty tame during the first half of the year. I bought about 5 Xbox One games this year so far and there's close to 20 that I want that will be coming out later this year. I will more than likely just wait to get some of them in early 2016.
Someone needs to text phill. #spreademout

jesu

honestly i dont know. i do have it on my xbone and i like it, you see a lot of glitching in cams but the game seems solid (im on fibre), i think ive seen migration messages but i may be wrong.

It's on dedicated servers.

No Dedi. You even can select wich datacenter you want to use.
Imo every MS game should give that option. Wich uses dedi servers.

Dedicated servers. Although not very good if you have a crappy connection and the nearest server to your location is 1000km away. If you have fiber you're good.

Seems like angelic's dedicated servers on console being a myth theory has been debunked then.

pizzacat

Banned
I feel you but i don't. I already own 40+ games for the Xbox one all digital and I just can't even finish 1 of them. I have to buy this one, and MGS but I think that's it

Bgamer90

Banned
I feel you but i don't. I already own 40+ games for the Xbox one all digital and I just can't even finish 1 of them. I have to buy this one, and MGS but I think that's it

I still have a bit of an Xbox One backlog myself but it's only about 5 or 6 games.

Theorry

Seems like angelic's dedicated servers on console being a myth theory has been debunked then.

Battlefield uses also dedicated servers. Since BC2 or BF3. Cant remember. Wich is logical offcourse. Because nobody can host that many players and destruction.

Even Party Chat on Xbox(1) uses dedicated servers now.

Xbox One April Preview said:
Dedicated servers for party chat – We’re enhancing party chat with dedicated chat relay servers that will enable Xbox One owners that may have historically had NAT issues to party chat more reliably. Parties where players are unable to form direct peer-to-peer connections for party chat will automatically leverage dedicated server infrastructure to relay traffic. This service is only enabled for parties where one or more members are previewing the April system update.

Horde needs a revamp. Should allow me to make a custom character who levels up. Shorter games, many weapons with upgrades available. I'm thinking Mass Effect 3 style. 50 rounds was just too long and boring.

angelic

Banned

not really, titanfall and battlefield yes, but cod doesnt, and it was promised. MCC still isnt perfect and that promised it. what about playstation games, can titanfall 2 use azure? and as not many people notice or care even now, games are going to keep using p2p if they can.

game publishers are like politicians in summer, theyre your friend, everything they do is for you. then by november when youve paid up again, they go missing. repeat year on year. see this thread, indicating a huge amount will be buying gears day 1, without knowing a thing about its real world performance. publishers win again, enough people are already offering their money.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling Gears 1 is going to get the best treatment, because it was the first gears ever and they want to add dedicated servers :) but they might add gears 2 and 3. But just bump up the textures a little and make it 1080p or 900p 60fps and call it the Marcus Fenix Collection.
but that's just my speculation.

jesu

not really, titanfall and battlefield yes, but cod doesnt, and it was promised. MCC still isnt perfect and that promised it. what about playstation games, can titanfall 2 use azure? and as not many people notice or care even now, games are going to keep using p2p if they can.

game publishers are like politicians in summer, theyre your friend, everything they do is for you. then by november when youve paid up again, they go missing. repeat year on year. see this thread, indicating a huge amount will be buying gears day 1, without knowing a thing about its real world performance. publishers win again, enough people are already offering their money.

Well dedicated servers on console aren't a myth if there is examples of them existing, and working as intended.

StevieP

Banned

Everyone seems to be ok with what happened with uncharted 4 after TLOUR

Z3M0G

No wonder we dont get demo's anymore... we buy games at full price just to try them now.

I have a feeling they will announce this at E3 as including Gears of War 4 (or whatever they call it) Multiplayer Beta. If they do announce an included Gears 4 Beta, hopefully it kicks off this winter like the Halo 5 Beta.

MrBlonde

Dieing for some Gears on the Xbox One, give me this in 2015 and the new one by 2017 and I would be happy dude!

I wonder what the MP would be? All 3 or just one of them?

Raide

Dieing for some Gears on the Xbox One, give me this in 2015 and the new one by 2017 and I would be happy dude!

I wonder what the MP would be? All 3 or just one of them?

Hopefully much like MCC does it. Slap all the maps together in one area and give options to players for a playlist that covers a mix of the individual MP style, or a bit of all 3.

Personally I would love to see access to all of the maps redone and see how they work out in the different styles.

I hope Horde mode is part of it also.

I really want some Gears. When i bought my white xbone i thought "damn i wish i could get gears for this". Right when i was paying for it.

After playing Gears 1 on PC all morning with an Xbox One pad, I think it's safe to say 1080p, 60fps Gears is worth the price of admission.

Top Bottom