• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Gears of War remaster coming to Xbox One, sources say" (by Splash Damage)

I genuinely wouldn't mind if it was JUST Gears of War 1, remastered re everything (kind of like Halo 2 A) and priced at half retail cost. Sort of like Halo CE Anniversary on the 360.

Gears 1 or 3 are the best. Unfortunately I didn't get to play GoW 1 when it came out (back then was on PS3 not 360) but from what I played at my friends house, I loved it.

images
iyBUb7R.jpg

angelic

Banned
i am one for positivity, but I cant believe what im reading from some people about this. "day one!", "in my veins!" "dedis!". do we forget so quick? MCC still doesnt fully work, its better, but far from perfect, and that took about 30gb worth of patching (20gb day one and then the updates).

dedicated servers are a myth, cod doesnt use them, mcc doesnt use them. this worries me that people are ready to swallow the game companies bullshit less than a 6 months since the last pack of lies. there is no way on earth that on day one, gears remake will work. it will be buggy, matchmaking broken, have a huge day one patch, dedis wont work. im done in believing their lies. gears isnt a very good campaign either, it's shallow as a puddle and we've seen cover shooters/half height walls in courtyard games for the last 10 years. it was fresh back then, its isnt now, we need to move forward with games - and stop believing yearly cycle of lies.

JaggedSac

i am one for positivity, but I cant believe what im reading from some people about this. "day one!", "in my veins!" "dedis!". do we forget so quick? MCC still doesnt fully work, its better, but far from perfect, and that took about 30gb worth of patching (20gb day one and then the updates).

dedicated servers are a myth, cod doesnt use them, mcc doesnt use them. this worries me that people are ready to swallow the game companies bullshit less than a 6 months since the last pack of lies. there is no way on earth that on day one, gears remake will work. it will be buggy, matchmaking broken, have a huge day one patch, dedis wont work. im done in believing their lies. gears isnt a very good campaign either, it's shallow as a puddle and we've seen cover shooters/half height walls in courtyard games for the last 10 years. it was fresh back then, its isnt now, we need to move forward with games - and stop believing yearly cycle of lies.

You do realize dedies have been utilized by Gears games before right?

Chris1

dedicated servers are a myth, cod doesnt use them, mcc doesnt use them. this worries me that people are ready to swallow the game companies bullshit less than a 6 months since the last pack of lies.

Titanfall has been solid on P2P, gotten host quite a few times thankfully so I don't get that dreaded "host migration" message. If only the myth of dedi's were true then I'd never run into that message..

What the fuck did I just read?

mcrommert

Banned

Gears 3 has dedicated servers

Also chill out with the games crusader thing

No new leaks since last night?

Even with the beta apparently going on? Not a single blurry image? Barn footage? Nothing?

They hardly ever get leaked. There was a beta a few months back of another highly anticipated AAA game that might make it this year and nothing got leaked of that either.

NIGHT-

Different devs are working on this.. It makes no sense to compare it. And the gears campaign is fantastic, still holds up well. Day one for me.

They hardly ever get leaked. There was a beta a few months back of another highly anticipated AAA game that might make it this year and nothing got leaked of that either.

Bah, I remember a time when kids would willingly break an NDA to get some internet fame.

Where's Tom Morello when you need him.

Gears always was glitchy and broke, that was always part of the fun factor for me :) those bullshit moments were part of my draw back lol

So yes Day one from me!!!

Would be soooo awesome if we got gears 1,2 & 3 maps but hopefully they leave out the retro and sawn off!!

RedAssedApe

Banned

Dedicated servers aren't a myth. They just aren't a cure all as they can't fix bad netcode and players with shit connections connecting to the servers. They help with host advantage and host migration you see on p2p

As far as it goes it'll probably have a UE4 overhaul, so Gears1 on dedi's with 60fps. Also I see a good chance for Gears4 beta if you pre-order. All I can say is, when this happens, I'll cease my subscription to social life as it is. :)

Oh, for the love of god I hope they keep the browser system. Let ME pick which game I want to join, not some stupid matchmaking system.

Also, ban party chat at least for ranked. I want to hear some teamwork!... and shit talking.

Bah, I remember a time when kids would willingly break an NDA to get some internet fame.

Where's Tom Morello when you need him.

Am I missing something? Why do people keep bringing up Tom Morello?

Or are we taking about a 'different' Tom Morello?

Seconded. I'm sick and tired of people lapping up HD remasters now.

And to think we were saying how unoriginal games were a generation or two ago. At least they were new games.

Good thing it doesn't hurt or affect you in any way. It's not like we aren't getting a new Gears game.

And "we?" Maybe you.

Kuni

Great. Certainly one of xbox's better franchises. After the confusion that was MCC people are right to be wary though, hope they get this one right.

Obligatory beg for PC version plx.

Where was it mentioned that Splash Damage is doing it?

Update: According to another source, Brink and Dirty Bomb developer Splash Damage is working on the Xbox One remaster of Gears of War. The U.K.-based studio has several job listings that say it's working on a "very well known and highly popular AAA title with next gen technology." We've reached out to Splash Damage for comment.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/24/8490745/gears-of-war-xbox-one-anniversary-remake

Edwardo

Hey as long it it works i'll play it. I'm not going to be looking for a $60 price tag if it's only the first game though.

I'm nervous after the master chief collection though.

biteren

usually being more about my PS4 id normally wouldn't get excited, but i freakin love Gears 1, this may be the 2nd xbox1 game ill get day one (first will be Scalebound)

Ppl referencing MCC as a bad omen are really dumb. It's like saying you wouldn't buy a Lamborghini because the Porsche you bought last time was broke. The car dealer may be the same but the manufacturer is different so there is no point in foreshadowing...

Wasn't that only if you had the season pass?

I believe it was ranked only, then when the DLC dropped you were locked out of the main ranked playlist and had to play the non-DLC playlists that didn't have dedicated servers.

This is actually why I stopped playing Gears 3 MP. I wasn't going to put up with that BS.

Bandito

Neo Member
Ppl referencing MCC as a bad omen are really dumb. It's like saying you wouldn't buy a Lamborghini because the Porsche you bought last time was broke. The car dealer may be the same but the manufacturer is different so there is no point in foreshadowing...
This

Cannot wait for the gears remake. Just hoping they don't change anything gameplay wise. No need to mess with gaming perfection

Shotguns and gore baby!!!

Tomash

But that season pass is still one of the best so there's no reason as to not buy it

If you didn't want campaign DLC, better option at the time was to buy only 3rd and 4th DLC. 1st DLC(which was disk-locked content) maps were made free as a part of MP Booster Pack that had 2 additional maps, and 2nd DLC was campaign-only.

Season pass was 2400 MSP, 3rd and 4th DLC combined 1600 MSP.

Top Bottom