• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Gears of War remaster coming to Xbox One, sources say" (by Splash Damage)

NateDrake

There's a huge difference between breaking an NDA and talking to willful developers.

The issue is - if this is a VMC thing - that the folks who leak won't see any repercussions from this. It's challenging to pinpoint several people from a large group.

A beta for a remaster? Are we sure it's not a beta for the new one?
If they are reworking certain portions then a beta will be needed to modify weapon damage, shotgun bullet-spread, etc...

As long as they are actually treating th IP with care, then they can split it up in parts. MCC was a utter failure. I would be more pissed if Gears was ruined than Halo though. I've always loved Gears formula more than Halo.

So I have hopes that this could be as awesome as I want it to be and I know I'd play the hell out of this for ages if they eventually had all 3 mainline Gears multiplayer in one package.

SPDIF

If the beta test is tonight, maybe we'll get a barn leak ala Halo 4 tomorrow.

#Believe.

If there is any leak then it'll probably be incredibly low quality, since the leaker's GT will likely be plastered right in the centre of the screen.

Thoraxes

I'd be cool with this.

I never played Gears of War 2 and 3 because they never came to PC (like the first did) and I didn't own a 360.

VinFTW

I'm a little surprised by the amount of people question WHY it's just the first Gears, stating it's a poor decision and then using their opinion of the game stating it's not even the best one.

You guys have to remember:

We have multiple quotes from the developers at Black Tusk, as well as Phil Spencer AND the former head of the studio, stating their artistic vision resembles Gears of War 1. They WANT to retain those horror elements and remove the "parody of itself" elements that were present in the last 2 games. I'm sure they wan't epic scale, but if I remember correctly, they are aiming for the tone of the "Mad World" trailer as their mood/atmosphere for the next game. Sure, they COULD throw in the other two, but I think this is an artistic choice to remaster only the first (and probably smart considering the time-crunch could lead to MCC 2.0).

They want people to enjoy the game that will most closely resemble Gears 4, MP and all (which is one of the HC Gears community's favorite MP suite along with 3, to an extent).

Of course, they COULD just add Horde into this "Remaster".

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So hypothetically speaking, let's say a friend and I were invited to "something" but I turned it down due to having work, what can I say? I technically didn't sign an NDA. :eek:

Theorry

aMA8cvw.png

Text is fairly legible here.

well.gif

Anung

Un Rama
Just the first one? That kind of sucks as I'd love a Gears trilogy collection. Then again after the MCC Microsoft have shown they can't be trusted. The skeptic in me can't escape that releasing 3 remasters separately = 3 potential sales instead of one.

This industry man. Basically something cool is announced and my first reaction is to put my guard up.

Still I'd love to replay Gears at 1080/60 with some nice graphical additions. Gears MP was the GOAT when it worked.

The issue is - if this is a VMC thing - that the folks who leak won't see any repercussions from this. It's challenging to pinpoint several people from a large group.

If they are reworking certain portions then a beta will be needed to modify weapon damage, shotgun bullet-spread, etc...

Not that hard actually. If it's like last time, the user's gamertag will be plastered all over the screen as a watermark to prevent any pictures/recording of gameplay actually happening. Not to mention, you can get slapped with HEFTY fines for breaking NDA.

Actually, I'm pretty confused why they didn't slap the watermark on the main page as well.

Geras 3 at 1080p 60 would be a good looking game tbh. Plus given how they do their modelling, I would imagine grabbing some higher res textures would be too hard.

Gestault

this has me worried we wont see the improved mechanics of gears2/3 in MP.

This is the sort of problem you run into when people have different tastes for what they want in the same game: there are tons of people who would be really upset if they changed anything related to the mechanics.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I'm ok with just the original. Prefer it actually. 3 on 360 already looks good enough to not require the remaster treatment.

Will buy this.

Mix

not in the way this one is set up, from what I've seen.

NateDrake

Not that hard actually. If it's like last time, the user's gamertag will be plastered all over the screen as a watermark to prevent any pictures/recording of gameplay actually happening. Not to mention, you can get slapped with HEFTY fines for breaking NDA.

Actually, I'm pretty confused why they didn't slap the watermark on the main page as well.

Well, yea, they do take measures to stop people. But give the person a small chance to leak it with no way to trace it back to an individual, and folks will do it. As was seen in this case and the title screen.

not in the way this one is set up, from what I've seen.
That's good since it means we won't have leaked video footage (unless a person wants to be sued). The title screen seems to be the only thing not watermarked with the GamerTag.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Well, yea, they do take measures to stop people. But give the person a small chance to leak it with no way to trace it back to an individual, and folks will do it. As was seen in this case and the title screen.
Especially for an unannounced game. Really surprised that they would do that. It's basically daring people to leak it.

Kssio_Aug

There's a Brazilian guy, that supposedely worked as a voice actor in some games already, that told in a Xbox facebook page he was working on Gears Collection. He erased his post though, but that was at least a bit believable. However... this rumour there is about only Gears of War 1 remastered right? Also Shinobi was teasing Gears 1 at tweeter a time ago, it seems.

In the other hand MS published a Gears of War 3 video in their Xbox Channel, and that was curious.

Yeah, I guess a Gears of War 1 remastered, or re-release is pretty much certain. If that's going to be released with Gears 2 and 3 I don't know...

Maybe Gears 1 Anniversary, with its online multiplayer mode, and Gears 2 and 3 campaings only (without a anniversary treatment)? That would be great, and maybe even the best choice when we look at how MCC multuplayer turned out.

Mix

That's good since it means we won't have leaked video footage (unless a person wants to be sued). The title screen seems to be the only thing not watermarked with the GamerTag.
This one that I'm looking at has it on the title screen. Has it even over the Microsoft game studio intro too. but it could just be certain ones are like that. I guess we'll see if anyone leaks anything.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
maybe another game that will have cross buy like fable pc to get people to use windows 10.

would be nice now games for windows live is dead

pizzacat

Banned
People comparing this to MCC don't understand that MCC spanned games that were on 2 other gens, different engines and was probably (definitely) rushed.

While gears has been silent for 2 years, has all their games in one console and they all use the same engine that everyone knows the way around.

Samphire

Neo Member
I'm not super interested in this, but I enjoyed the series overall, so I'll pick it up depending on the price. If it's >$40 then I will wait for it to drop.

Top Bottom