• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geforce Titan X ~50% faster than GTX980 (3072 cores, 192 TUs, 96 ROPs)

wachie

gm200_smallv7u95.png

Translated

But it is certain that Boost third one-chip Titan will be above 1 GHz and power, we can easily estimate somewhere between 35-40 percent of the GeForce GTX 980. But that's all theory, the core is not supposed activated throughout. The first game card (s GM200-400-A1) has said all active SMM blocks, that performance will probably be lower. It may therefore seem to repeat the situation with great Kepler, when the first Titan had active throughout the core and the full power of the Nvidia saving for later release.

Whether the entire core unlocked or not leave even a mystery until next week, when the card will be officially launched (reviewed) and sold. But now you tell that the reference model has a working clock 1002 MHz, but will not say whether it regards the basis or Boost mode. Memories are working to 7 GHz. The card goes solidly stalling, without increasing voltage core operates at 1250 MHz without any hassles. And what about performance? - The default is performance in FHD resolution of about 36 percent over the default GeForce GTX 980. With a slight distance clocking can easily reach 50 percent. Exercise also corresponds to our January forecast. Price has not yet been finally determined, it will be said in a few days. Learn more next week, or some leaks.

http://pctuning.tyden.cz/component/...orce-gtx-titan-x-1-ghz-35-procent-nad-gtx-980

That reads just like Titan v1 (Kepler), partially enabled version with the full version coming later.

-SD-

Banned
I like the "Source: Internet" part in the end.

- - -

Made a GTC countdown timer. Two-hour show, again. Live stream.

t1426608000z4.png

shandy706

I fear the price.

I don't need this, my 980 will last me a long time....but I'm curious as to what that launch price will be.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
*Please be $999... please be $999... please be nine ninety nine...

please

please

... please*

Koutsoubas

So some will pay 500 more for a 35% gain. And then 3-4 months later the 980ti will come at 700 dollars and it will be faster than the Titan X because of the fully enabled chip.

Yeah people buy the Titan X! I think 1000 dollars is a great price for 4 months!

Right........

wachie

So some will pay 500 more for a 35% gain. And then 3-4 months later the 980ti will come at 700 dollars and it will be faster than the Titan X because of the fully enabled chip.

Yeah people buy the Titan X! I think 1000 dollars is a great price for 4 months!

Right........
I said this exactly in the other thread, mainly because AMD's Fiji is also going to launch around the same time. Nvidia will fight fire with fire.

viveks86

Right........

I heard there is no 980ti this time around. There might be a titan x black, though, which will cost even more.

Pooya

I don't get it, how is $1000 a good price for this if it's only 50% more powerful than a 980. I'm kinda underwhelmed...

Right........

It depends on what you're doing. If you're going for a 4K monitor like me, the gains should be significantly higher

Well hopefully

Zexen

Right........
There will be no 980ti as the 980 is already a fully activated GM204.

Ryne

Can't wait to experience some of these gains on the cut down 980ti/1080 version, which I will sell my 980 for.

Koutsoubas

Well right now with my Titan Black I get around 35fps in most games at 4k. So a 35% increase will lead to 45fps.

We have some time till 4k/60fps with a single card

There will always be a market for the single most powerful card available even at super high prices. If I was a wealthy man, I'd buy 2 at $1000. Unfortunately, I'm not a particularly wealthy man.

viveks86

There is no such "qualification" for a card to be named Ti. Nvidia can slap that sticker on whatever card they choose to.

No, the point is, in order get the kind of pricing diff like the 780ti vs titan, it needs to be an incremental update over 980. It's not about the label at all.

Zexen

There is no such "qualification" for a card to be named Ti. Nvidia can slap that sticker on whatever card they choose to.
Nope.

The "Ti" cards are based on the same chip as the number indicates, but with more Core enabled. Otherwise, they would be named with a different number.

wachie

No, the point is, in order get the kind of pricing diff like the 780ti vs titan, it needs to be an incremental update over 980. It's not about the label at all.
And you don't think it will be? Nvidia won't let AMD to help themselves to the sub $1K market.

Which cards were named Ti that did not have extra cuda cores enabled?
660Ti

Nope.

The "Ti" cards are based on the same chip as the number indicates, but with more Core enabled. Otherwise, they would be named with a different number.
See above. I think people are putting too much weight into the philosophy of a marketing team.

It's funny how people are praying for a graphics card to be priced at $1000. Good job Nvidia I guess. 36% faster is pretty much within expectations, though it probably won't oc as much as the 980, so in fact it's likely to be less than that for people who overclock. Given that 980 is already overpriced compared to the 970, you're getting very little value for $1000. But as the original Titan proved, a lot of people seem to be willing to pay exorbitant sums of money for that extra 36%.

viveks86

And you don't think it will be? Nvidia won't let AMD to help themselves to the sub $1K market.

Who knows. All I'm saying is there won't be a 980 Ti because the 980 is already fully enabled. We are not even sure to what extent AMD's sub $1000 cards will compete with the 980. It's speculation.

DieH@rd

Banned
On the one hand, mah gawd at those specs.

On the other hand, will wait for the invetibale affordable card.

390X will most likely have same performance, with much much more lower price.

290X slashed the prices of Nvidia hardware massively. I expect same will happen soon with 390X.

wachie

Who knows. All I'm saying is there won't be a 980 Ti because the 980 is already fully enabled. We are not even sure to what extent AMD's sub $1000 cards will compete with the 980. It's speculation.
Hawaii is already quite competitive with the 980. You don't think Fiji will be faster than the 980?

Again the qualification people seem to have for a card to earn the Ti branding is just as much, no even wilder speculation.

Top Bottom