• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

Cloud on the hype train.

RNmiFwB.png

Cornbread78

I don't know; that's where it gets a little murky. If it seems unlikely the game would exist without the first party money then I don't think it's a bad thing, but if it's a guaranteed sequel like Tomb Raider Rising then despite whatever Spencer might claim about MS's money helping fund development, all they are in actual fact doing is paying to prevent or delay a PS version launching at the same time. I don't even buy those claims that Titanfall was going to be cancelled unless MS came in with their saviour money, because having created and helmed Call of Duty for nearly a decade, I'm sure EA would have given Respawn whatever they needed to create a 'COD-killer'.

I doubt this will happen, but it would be in EA & Respawn's interests if they can get a loophole in the contract and get the brand out there for PS4 owners.

I'm pretty sure the language they used for Titanfall left it kinda open for this type of thing, Maybe they should get a tweet about it to clarify, lol.

Nobody's talking about this, but I'm kind of SCARED to see the chat section of the twitch live stream.

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

salromano

Relevant times for the week:

December 3 at 2:30 a.m. EST - PlayStation Awards - http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps-awards/

Gematsu said:
“Since these awards are coinciding with the 20th anniversary of the PlayStation, there’s probably going to be more pomp and flare than usual this year,” Famitsu editor-in-chief Katsuhiko Hayashi said during a Niconico live stream, “and I think it’s probably safe to say that means we’ll likely be seeing a lot of surprises coming out our way that are befitting such an occasion.”

December 3 at 4:30 a.m. EST - Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation 20th Anniversary live stream - https://www.youtube.com/user/gameEXTREAM
Gematsu said:
The livestream, set to take place on Wednesday, December 3, from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM JST (9:30 AM GMT) on YouTube and NicoNico, will be hosted by Yoshimichi Nishioka and Katsuhiko Hayashi, editors in chief of Dengeki PlayStation and Weekly Famitsu, respectively, as well as Dogma Kazami, a famous Japanese Let’s Player. The stream is said to focus on the 20th anniversary of the PlayStation, as well as the future of PlayStation and games as a whole, with “a number of top tier guests” stated to be joining the festivities.

December 5 at 9:00 p.m. EST - The Game Awards 2014 - http://twitch.tv/thegameawards - Over a dozen previews, including new game announcements and trailers.

December 6 at 1:00 p.m. EST - PlayStation Experience Keynote - http://twitch.tv/playstation

PST users subtract three hours.

thuway

I'd love for Kojima to announce the Nth remasters of Metal Solid 1-4. Just to see MGS4 running in full 1080p, 60 FPS, with improved AO + motion blur. NOmnomnom

Coxy

Why would Sony want it though? It has never really been a big series iirc.

There's a desire to make it and they dont have a good first party fighting game and since mahvel is dead there's a spot in the market for a crazy shit happening everywhere forever fighting game.

People asking about Geoff coming back, I left the stream open until 2AM CST last night and he never showed, didn't even tweet anything about it. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but seems like a dick move to not mention anything, but what do I know?

People asking about Geoff coming back, I left the stream open until 2AM CST last night and he never showed, didn't even tweet anything about it. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but seems like a dick move to not mention anything, but what do I know?

Can someone recap on what happened?

JoshHood

I'm not sure what half those are lol. Help?

New genres:
Revived franchises:
Spectacular open world masterpieces: DA:I
Scifi epic ship to ship battles:
Pirates: ACIV
Ninjas:
Lootwhoring: Destiny, Diablo
Chickens in radiation suits: Flustercluck
Point and clicks:
Music to set your heart aflame: Sound shapes?
BASE jumping in Nepal: Far Cry 4 (Why is BASE capitalized?)
Capturing all your flags:
Angels and demons losing their minds
A boy, his friends, memories and tears:

Could "a boy, his friends, memories and tears" be Rime? Seems to fit what we know of the game so far.

I think that makes these times for the UK

Dec 3 - 7:30 AM, UK - PlayStation 20th Anniversary (Japan)
Dec 3 - 9.30 AM UK - Famitsu and PS Live stream
Dec 6 - 2.00 AM UK - Game Awards
Dec 6 - 6.00 PM UK- PlayStation Experience keynote

Can someone recap on what happened?

As far as I know according to what was left of the chat, he came on, supposedly said nothing of importance, and said he would be right back and that was at like 9:30 CST.

However, I remember a few people here said last night he was on air at some point, just don't know what happened.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I think that makes these times for the UK

Dec 3 - 7:30 AM, UK - PlayStation 20th Anniversary (Japan)
Dec 3 - 9.30 AM UK - Famitsu and PS Live stream
Dec 6 - 2.00 AM UK - Game Awards
Dec 6 - 6.00 PM UK- PlayStation Experience keynote

Are they going to be streaming those through the PS4?

2thepoint

As far as I know according to what was left of the chat, he came on, supposedly said nothing of importance, and said he would be right back and that was at like 9:30 CST.

However, I remember a few people here said last night he was on air at some point, just don't know what happened.

Maybe he was drunk and forgot he had to make an announcement?

That, or Sega called and said they are not ready for him to announce Shenmue III.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Wow this thread has over a million views now and there's still 5 days left until the event starts :O

the sky is the only limit
then alliens approach

Cornbread78

Wow this thread has over a million views now and there's still 5 days left until the event starts :O

There are a lot of lurkers out there keeping an eye out the thread for potential leaks to come out...

Plus, everyone is in party mode with wild expectations, so bottoms up everyone, parties in 5 days from now!

2thepoint

Each titan of the gaming industry is getting ready as we speak to unleash spectacular amounts of stardust upon their fans this weekend.

Which one will surprise us the most, you ask?

Of course, that is yet to be revealed.

Initiate Operation Tsar Bomba:

gif_365x199_33db2b.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Screw remasters and remakes. I say make new games and create new memories, moments and nostalgia.

Sticking to the past will make you just that; stuck in the past.

But Nathan Drake is my favorite character ;_;

I think Capcom is going to have a nice surprise for some of you people.

You shouldn't really talk. I'm glad people got on your case, if you know something, don't say anything. All of us here want to cry if it is something big if not then we can continue theorizing when all the games we mentioned are going to come out.

Yeah I can't believe nobody knows if Geoff came back last night

Geoff has lived on the internet longer than anyone has, he is a gaming journalist you know (or at least started off as one when he was a kid). I think he knows how rancid the comments can be.

Relevant times for the week:

December 3 at 2:30 a.m. EST - PlayStation Awards - http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps-awards/

December 3 at 4:30 a.m. EST - Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation 20th Anniversary live stream - https://www.youtube.com/user/gameEXTREAM

December 5 at 9:00 p.m. EST - The Game Awards 2014 - http://twitch.tv/thegameawards - Over a dozen previews, including new game announcements and trailers.

December 6 at 1:00 p.m. EST - PlayStation Experience Keynote - http://twitch.tv/playstation

PST users subtract three hours.

RIP my sleep. I sometimes hate being EST when something big happens in Japan.

io734RtyZirXV.gif

Bold One

Since I will be missing the event due to social obligations, will the event be archived somewhere I can watch it later?

on TWITCH perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom