• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrr gnr

Thats the thing, the history behind the game is interesting enough and fans want to see it utilized with the best part of the game aka a Helghast game written by a competent GG team. We know they can write a good lore what they need is to hire someone to flush it out in the games they make.
You could have made this post verbatim in 2009.

Hexa

Quick question, did we ever get to know what was that "Angels and Demons" game GopherD was talking about here?

I'm not sure what half those are lol. Help?

New genres:
Revived franchises:
Spectacular open world masterpieces: DA:I
Scifi epic ship to ship battles:
Pirates: ACIV
Ninjas:
Lootwhoring: Destiny, Diablo
Chickens in radiation suits: Flustercluck
Point and clicks:
Music to set your heart aflame: Sound shapes?
BASE jumping in Nepal: Far Cry 4 (Why is BASE capitalized?)
Capturing all your flags:
Angels and demons losing their minds
A boy, his friends, memories and tears:

Huge Killzone fan here and I personally disagree with everyone wanting to play as the Helhgast. What makes them interesting is that you are viewing them from the other side.

MMaRsu

Banned
It won't because GAF is more Sony leaning than MS, but games going exclusive is only ever good news for platform warriors.

Yeah only since the last few years. And even then you cant really say GAF is leaning towards X because GAF is the forum itself.

When did he say it won't be there?

I just interpreted his post :

You can only choose one option. And whilst there is a right answer, that doesn't mean there isn't a wrong one. It's not like I know...

Your choices:

a) SCEE announces a first party exclusive to be released in 2015, which is not a re-master.
b) SCEA announces a first party exclusive to be released in 2015, which is not a re-master.
c) SCEJ/A announces a first party exclusive to be released in 2015, which is not a re-master.
d) SCE announces no new PS4 exclusives, but one or more re-masters to be released in 2015.
e) SCE announces no exclusives at all.
f) A new exclusive from Capcom is announced for PS4.
g) Next generation Mass Effect is unveiled (footage, title etc.).
h) Street Fighter is announced as an exclusive to PS4.
i) Rockstar unveils their next generation game.
j) Valve announces an exclusive for PS4.
k) Knack 2 is announced.
l) A new IP by a third party is announced.
m) FFVII remake is announced.

The Last Guardian is even not here :p

Servbot24

Banned
Killzone is not a bad series necessarily, but it's definitely a series which has no real reason to exist. There's truly nothing special about it - the Helghast only appear interesting because they exist against one of the most bland backdrops in gaming. Anywhere else they would be entirely generic.

The idea of the series continuing is honestly pretty bizarre at this point.

Cole Slaw

Banned
Killzone just needs to be shelved for two generations and then be rebooted like Batman Begins with an origin story of the Helghan side.

And for good measure, let Cory Barlog's team work it instead so they don't get fatigued working on the same shit different day.

Salex_

This thread is moving fast... Do we have a sum up post of everything that will, may, or won't be there next week end ?

Well, there's a lot of games that could be there, but there's only a few developers who hinted at the event. Some of the less obvious things I can remember:

Bend Studio
Fun Bits Interactive (confirmed to be working on a new game for Sony and retweeted this)
Ono/Capcom game- there's a lot of build up of information over the last year (you can see some of it here). Ono's tweets and big presence at the event makes me think we'll see it this week.

Killzone is not a bad series necessarily, but it's definitely a series which has no real reason to exist. There's truly nothing special about it - the Helghast only appear interesting because they exist against one of the most bland backdrops in gaming. Anywhere else they would be entirely generic.

please. Killzone 2 is one the most beautiful games ever created. The games have a unique since of feel in a genre that for the most part feels the same. That alone gives it a reason to exist. The problem with the series is that is tried to deviate from what made it amazing in Killzone 2

liquidtmd

Banned
You better pray it's not Shenmue III or even a HD Collection as a PS4 exclusive, GAF would simply implode. It would cease to be. It would make the real time reactions to "8GDDR5" look like amateur hour.

Amir0x

Banned
You better pray it's not Shenmue III or even a HD Collection as a PS4 exclusive, GAF would simply implode. It would cease to be. It would make the real time reactions to "8GDDR5" look like amateur hour.

I want the Bayonetta 2 and Dragon Quest IX/X reactions again.

Those were the days...

Huge Killzone fan here and I personally disagree with everyone wanting to play as the Helhgast. What makes them interesting is that you are viewing them from the other side.

I personally want a game where you play them as the ruthless army that they are. ISA are not the good guys, and the Helghast definitely are not good guys. I just want gritty space war with an army that has a drive due to how they were treated.

viveks86

I have been dreaming about it for what seems like a lifetime now

wondrous visions with massive griffins pawing at gentle boys, nightmarish flashes of spears protruding from feathered bodies, horrified protector running away, tears streaming from his face. And I saw the darkness, man. Little hands grasping at a hulking form for dear life as it smashed through columns and ancient architecture, its directionless anger a terror for all to see.

One long shriek into the night, and then silence.

You sure it wasn't kev throwing the spears?

Here are some Ip's i would give my soul for.

Suikoden (why is this game series gone, was soo goood).
Secret of Mana/Evermore
Flashback/Out of this world
Shadowrun
Lufia
Shenmue
Legend of the Mystical ninja

If Sony announces a major exclusive that was previously multiplat, do you think it will draw as much ire as the Tomb Raider deal, and should it?

I would hope it would garner a similar amount of distaste and venom, and not without due cause. Paying to keep a game off of a rival system is a shitty business practice no matter who's writing the cheques.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
That seals the deal :p

In accordance to what amir0x is teasing.

The reveal is an old ( Capcom?) IP going exclusive to PS4.

If it was a new IP no one would be saying "a nice surprise" because you wouldn't know what it is.
And it's confirmed to be from a 3rd party.

Maximo ?
Rockman ?
Dino Crisis ?
Powerstone, Powerstone!

Hiko

Banned
Killzone just needs to be shelved for two generations and then be rebooted like Batman Begins with an origin story of the Helghan side.

And for good measure, let Cory Barlog's team work it instead so they don't get fatigued working on the same shit different day.

Killzone needs to be given over to Cambridge so they can make a game like KZ2 again. They are the reason KZ2 was so amazing in the first place. GG has no freaking clue.

_Ryo_

It's going to be Ty The Tasmanian Tiger 5, Featuring Coolspot. Sources close to the sun confirm this.

by sun I mean my own head

Shenmue:Remake confirmed.

Koozek

Maybe it's no coincidence that SE announced that Shin-Ra Technology Cloud-based service in cooperation with Avalanche Studios just a few weeks ago. Could've been a hint leading to the eventual remake :D
Argggh, I can't wait for it to be saturday. So excitedddddd!
This'll be me during the stream:
http://i.minus.com/iAgehnz5NztCc.gif

Servbot24

Banned
please. Killzone 2 is one the most beautiful games ever created. The games have a unique since of feel in a genre that for the most part feels the same. That alone gives it a reason to exist. The problem with the series is that is tried to deviate from what made it amazing in Killzone 2

Sure but you could add that feel to absolutely any game universe. Why does it have to be under a name that (figuratively) no one cares about?

Make a new IP that is actually compelling, and give it the controls that people loved.

liquidtmd

Banned
Maybe it's no coincidence that SE announced that Shin-Ra Technology Cloud-based service in cooperation with Avalanche Studios just a few weeks ago. Could've been a hint leading to the eventual remake :D....

Nah that's coming pre-conference

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE ANNOUNCED
for Android / IOS

Warzone? FP cover? Weight to the guns? Name another shooter that plays like Killzone.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Teams at Sony seem to work on what they want to work on, for the most part. Sony doesn't seem to interfere heavily in that regard, other than the decision whether to fund or not.

Cornbread78

I would hope it would garner a similar amount of distaste and venom, and not without due cause. Paying to keep a game off of a rival system is a shitty business practice no matter who's writing the cheques.

Would you feel the same way if they are paying for the game to be made and not paying for exclusivity, but also not "saving" the game like Bayonetta2?

Also, what is the likelyhood we see a Titanfall "Omega" edition appear for PS4, set to release on the 1 year anniversary of the XB1 launch?

salromano

Would you feel the same way if they are paying for the game to be made and not paying for exclusivity, but also not "saving" the game like Bayonetta2?

Also, what is the likelyhood we see a Titanfall "Omega" edition appear for PS4, set to release on the 1 year anniversary of the XB1 launch?

Pretty sure it's been established that OG Titanfall is never coming to PS4.

bunkerg2j91.gif

Please add me, I've been in this thread since it's inception and I'm hyped as hell!

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I'm still saying that nothing is going to happen.

I agree. There are just a lot of first and third parties announced things to show.

Servbot24

Banned
Warzone? FP cover? Weight to the guns? Name another shooter that plays like Killzone.

"Weight to the guns" is not a good justification for the prolonged existence of a franchise. Just create a universe that people actually care about and add weight to the guns.

I say "Just create a universe" as though it were an easy thing - and you know what? Creating a more compelling universe than Killzone would absolutely be an easy thing.

SDCowboy

After actually playing TF, I'm not sure I even care if the PS4 ever gets one.

delSai

I'd love a KZ Open World Game one day. Love this world and something like Destiny but bigger and so on would make my eyes explode. GG Dino RPG got me hyped as hell.

Apathy

Thats the thing, the history behind the game is interesting enough and fans want to see it utilized with the best part of the game aka a Helghast game written by a competent GG team. We know they can write a good lore what they need is to hire someone to flush it out in the games they make.

I'm more inclined to say that Sony tried two different exclusive fps games that have amounted to lukewarm receptions. While the games have die hard fans, they never got the mass appeal they probably wanted like Halo does (or did). Cambridge seems to be better at making a competent fps games than GG, but they are going to be tied down to the killzone IP.

Killzone should be put to sleep for a while, let Cambridge make a new IP on their own and let GG try something new (although I still think they are a mid tier developer that keeps getting AAA money and still manages to not reach the top). Realistically though, if Sony wants an fps game they need to look at a different studio, and maybe an external one that has shown that they have the capability to make a decent fps game. Starbreeze would be a good studio to contract out

"Weight to the guns" is not a good justification for the prolonged existence of a franchise. Just create a universe that people actually care about and add weight to the guns.

I say "Just create a universe" as though it were an easy thing - and you know what? Creating a more compelling universe than Killzone would absolutely be an easy thing.

You're showing that you know nothing of the series.

You're right. The way a game plays is not justification for continuing a series. Those 2 million+ people that bought Shadow Fall don't care about the game. /s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom