• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genei Ibun Roku FE Overview Trailer

https://youtu.be/sdlCRDqvPDk
This just popped up in my sub feed. The game is less than a month away in Japan so this new trailer goes over quite a bit from dungeons, battles, cutscenes and gamepad integration. Every time we get new footage of this, I get really curious on how it will be localized for the west.

EDIT: and we got another character trailer with it
Yashiro trailer

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if a translation for this trailer will pop up. I'd love to learn more about the game and how it works, but I don't understand a word of Japanese. I suppose I could wait for NoA or NoE to start talking about the localized version...

For people who understand Japanese: is Yashiro a villain? Or is he more someone who starts out as your enemy/not on your team and eventually joins it? I didn't really understand after watching it how he fits into the story.

website updated
Takehito Koyasu (Navarre's seiyuu): https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/vol031.html
Hosoya Yoshimasa (Tsurugi's Seiyuu): https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/vol032.html
Director post about Joysound collab: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/vol033.html
Yashiro Tsurugi character page: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/character/yashiro.html
chara.png
chara.png
cform.png

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Wow, this game is so incredibly Japanese that I wonder if it won't get dubbed into English. I always listen to English dubs myself in Japanese games I play even if optional but for a limited audience in 2016 on Wii U, I dunno what NOA and NOE will do. They obviously won't redo the music or change the location. Also, that box art is amazing.

Also, 4:28 in the video! That's a Persona 5-esque menu, not too surprising but it looks good.

massoluk

Banned
I didn't know this one is using Fire Emblem style attributes leveling (... May the RNG God have mercy on me.
edit: Hmm nevermind, could just be ordinary SMT level up there, they're not all +1 :|

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm glad they made it clear this is Atlus x FE now, it's a FE spin-off that has nothing to do with SMT. I hope they keep that in mind when localizing the game.

Pleaaaase be a Q2 or Q3 North America title. I'm so excited for it.

...but then again, Persona 5's next Summer.

Thank you based Atlus.

SeanTSC

https://youtu.be/sdlCRDqvPDkEvery time we get new footage of this, I get really curious on how it will be localized for the west.

I hope that they realize it's a Japanese as hell game for people who love Japanese as hell things and don't try to "Westernize" or "Americanize" it in any way. Do something similar to Persona 4 and present it for what it is.

And I hope they have Atlus localize it and *not* NoA or NoE.

random25

I hope that they realize it's a Japanese as hell game for people who love Japanese as hell things and don't try to "Westernize" or "Americanize" it in any way. Do something similar to Persona 4 and present it for what it is.

Why? Treehouse localizations are one of the best in the industry.

Pancake Mix

Treehouse does a great job, though some of their meme usage can get a bit intense.

In Japan.

Genei Ibun Roku #FE is definitely not Q2. Perhaps Q3, though I'm thinking Q4.

From what we know so far Q4 is likely to have Zelda, some NX configuration, and Dragon Quest VIII. I see it getting a Q2 or Q3 release.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this game is so incredibly Japanese that I wonder if it won't get dubbed into English. I always listen to English dubs myself in Japanese games I play even if optional but for a limited audience in 2016 on Wii U, I dunno what NOA and NOE will do. They obviously won't redo the music or change the location. Also, that box art is amazing.

Also, 4:28 in the video! That's a Persona 5-esque menu, not too surprising but it looks good.

At E3, a Treehouse member said that one of the difficulties with localizing this game is finding voice actors who can also do the singing. Of course, things could have changed since then, but it sounds like NoA is planning on recording everything in English.

Opening with Atlus x Fire Emblem is a just decision.

Agreed.

If they did Fire Emblem Awakening and all the changes for the west then I'm going to have to disagree with that.

I'm pretty sure 8-4 did Awakening, though I'd guess Treehouse oversaw the localization in some way.

Oh hey, they gave Kiria pants haha.

The game is too Japanese to westernize all of its themes, unless they are intentionally going for a Phoenix Wright level of localization awkwardness. I'm just wary on whether if it will be dubbed and if it is, how the music will be handled..

FluxWaveZ

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Treehouse isn't known for "Americanizing" their games, infact they're one of the best localizers in the industry.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Why? Treehouse localizations are one of the best in the industry.

Maybe people are worried about the game being censored? I don't see a scenario where Nintendo wouldn't be publishing this though, even if they weren't handling the localization it-self entirely in-house.

Pancake Mix

I don't see what that has to do with GIR #FE. The game doesn't even have an English name yet.

We pretty much know it's not Q2 because, if it was, it would have been listed as such in Nintendo's 2016 lineup: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1130858

Again, Q3 is possible, but not Q2.

I'm saying it will get lost in Q4 2016 and would only be released to keep that promise going back to January 2013. Wii U has seemingly nothing between either Star Fox Zero (April) or Pokken Tournament in Spring and Zelda right now.

At E3, a Treehouse member said that one of the difficulties with localizing this game is finding voice actors who can also do the singing. Of course, things could have changed since then, but it sounds like NoA is planning on recording everything in English.

Thanks for the info, that's interesting. If they can and still want to do that, more power to them.

When they were going through the characters status screen at around the 2:50 mark, I saw the icons for those two mentor characters. Not sure if that means their usable in some way, but I feel like pointing that out.

FluxWaveZ

I'm saying it will get lost in Q4 2016 and would only be released to keep a promise going back to January 2013.

Whether that's the case or not, they still need whatever time they need to localize the game, and the Treehouse people made it sound like this title in particular would take quite a bit of work just in June. It's not like there won't be any Nintendo games released in Q4 2016 other than Zelda and Dragon Quest because of the fear of it being lost.

Kouriozan

That battle music is so hype, it'll be so tempting to watch Japanese streams when this will be out, hope we won't have too long to wait.

surprised FE twitter account still hasn't posted toi8's art for Yashiro...
When they were going through the characters status screen at around the 2:50 mark, I saw the icons for those two mentor characters. Not sure if that means their usable in some way, but I feel like pointing that out.

Tiki as well... and so... my hopes of they're playable characters are back!

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, they had released this image back in October:

wQQ1jtE.jpg

I don't think it means that those characters are playable because of information released after the fact, though, but who knows.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Still no sign of Marth Mirage huh. What are the chances of him being Lucifer of this world?

Also apparently the image music are out.

such music. much battle.

From what I gathered though while it was a bit distracting, apparently it fits the Japanese line in context.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like most of the mirages are from the first Fire Emblem except Chrom and Tharja, which are from Awakening. There's this vast history of games, why just pick from those two? Seems like a huge waste

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like most of the mirages are from the first Fire Emblem except Chrom and Tharja, which are from Awakening. There's this vast history of games, why just pick from those two? Seems like a huge waste
The most popular game and the originator. Its a shame but I get why they did it.

Top Bottom