• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genei Ibun Roku FE Overview Trailer

FluxWaveZ

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like most of the mirages are from the first Fire Emblem except Chrom and Tharja, which are from Awakening. There's this vast history of games, why just pick from those two? Seems like a huge waste

Virion, too.

This is what they said back in July:
Fire Emblem characters are being selected from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Others will also appear as friends, or as enemies or masterminds.
Characters are selected based off things such as their popularity ranking data. Both Cain and Abel will also appear.
Characters that appeared as enemies in Fire Emblem will appear as enemies in this game.

rewatching the trailer again... yup seems like the side characters are indeed
the one who's affected by the dark mirages (can't remember the term for the bad guys)
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like most of the mirages are from the first Fire Emblem except Chrom and Tharja, which are from Awakening. There's this vast history of games, why just pick from those two? Seems like a huge waste

there's always another time... hopefully

Dugna

cd58dda3fc6657b3893eaaedecb20dd6.jpg

Nice menu (almost wallpaper worthy if it didn't have all the text), I wonder if where they're laying changes with how many party members you have available.

Overall can't wait for this game in the west, I really hope that treehouse doesn't go with that idea of letting all the dubbed voice actors sing the songs because that would the localization wait be as long as Xenoblade's was and that sucks...

FluxWaveZ

I really hope that treehouse doesn't go with that idea of letting all the dubbed voice actors sing the songs because that would the localization wait be as long as Xenoblade's was and that sucks...

Playing Persona 4: Dancing All Night, I was relatively discontent when a couple of songs in that game did not have an English counterpart and only had Japanese lyrics. Being able to actually understand what the music is about can be significant, especially when we have characters with their own signature songs.

Edit: Of course, the solution of subs would be an easy one for this, despite the weirdness of switching between the English voice acting and then Japanese for the music.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Really impressed how this game has come along.... First it looked like a low budget spinoff and now this. Bravo Atlus and congrats in your first HD console RPG.

Dugna

Playing Persona 4: Dancing All Night, I was relatively discontent when a couple of songs in that game did not have an English counterpart and only had Japanese lyrics. Being able to actually understand what the music is about can be significant, especially when we have characters with their own signature songs.

Edit: Of course, the solution of subs would be an easy one for this, despite the weirdness of switching between the English voice acting and then Japanese for the music.

its either that or we spend like almost a year for the game when we shouldn't have to. I played to death P4DAN but I never minded the songs like Never more or (P4DAN spoiler)
Calystegia
not having subs or english versions even though I listened to them sung in english and they sounded fine.

But preferences and such.

EDIT: Watched the Yashiro trailer and now every piece of idol and media pop culture in japan is basically represented here, the dark brooding pretty guy :D

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
its either that or we spend like almost a year for the game when we shouldn't have to. I played to death P4DAN but I never minded the songs like Never more or (P4DAN spoiler)
Calystegia
not having subs or english versions even though I listened to them sung in english and they sounded fine.

But preferences and such.

EDIT: Watched the Yashiro trailer and now every piece of idol and media pop culture in japan is basically represented here, the dark brooding pretty guy :D
I'm with Flux. I did facepalm when that song came untranslated in DAN.

Violet_0

Banned
this looks like one of the most Japanese games ever
I kind of hate the whole idol thing to be honest, it's not exactly what imagined from a FExSMT crossover

Sakura

I hope my HMV order goes through.
I took the first week of January off to play :)
this looks like one of the most Japanese games ever
I kind of hate the whole idol thing to be honest, it's not exactly what imagined from a FExSMT crossover

It's not SMT ^-^;

The combat is definitely looking great. I can't wait to get this game. It looks so fun.
I'm pretty sure the story will have its "shit just got real" moment, so I'm not too concerned about the idol stuff.

Nice menu (almost wallpaper worthy if it didn't have all the text), I wonder if where they're laying changes with how many party members you have available.

Overall can't wait for this game in the west, I really hope that treehouse doesn't go with that idea of letting all the dubbed voice actors sing the songs because that would the localization wait be as long as Xenoblade's was and that sucks...

they'll probably will release the clean one one day, since it was used as the video thumbnail

also... is Kiria looking/staring at Itsuki? Tsubasa vs Kiria incoming :3

I'm hoping for a July release but I can see August or June as well.

Always missing these threads somehow. Time for more lewd out-of-context quotes.

Older profiles here.

Looking forward to getting the Wii U bundle (because I sold my Xenoblade one).

Thanks for your work. These are always great.

This dude is clearly that one dude in all shonen manga/anime. The stoic all-talented one who's great at everything and above it all.

Am I correct in thinking that Yashiro will eventually slot into that spot at the top? It seems like there's a slight gap there.

That's what I was thinking as well.

rhandino

Banned
Wow, the reincarnation outfit for Kiria looks so much better...

BEFORE (During the Treehouse Presentation)
iosirIP.png

AFTER (Overview trailer)
GIPXYf1.png

slay a bit.

Draxal

Virion is from Awakening, and they're from the same continent just you know, 2,000 years apart.

Fe3 is the best selling game in the series in Japan, and Awakening is the biggest selling one worldwide so it made sense.

slay a bit.

incoming post 'omg censored, f u nintendo' :^)
it was shown during the recent nintendo direct... and i think i'm the only one who assumed the change is for the joysound collab lol (apparently not)

random25

AFTER (Overview trailer)

slay a bit.

Censorship begins... :p

Maybe character outfits that changes in-game affects outfits in cutscenes?

FluxWaveZ

Oh... wow, I didn't actually realize they changed Kiria's outfit in the actual game. We knew, of course, they had changed it for the Wii U karaoke software, but that's a confirmation that Kiria's zipper underwear is no more in the final game.

Heh, guess that outfit actually was going a bit too far.

Draxal

Oh... wow, I didn't actually realize they changed Kiria's outfit in the actual game. We knew, of course, they had changed it for the Wii U karaoke software, but that's a confirmation that Kiria's zipper underwear is no more in the final game.

Heh, guess that outfit actually was going a bit too far.

I really hated that outfit, so I'm glad for the change.

iosirIP.png

AFTER (Overview trailer)
GIPXYf1.png

slay a bit.
I noticed this as well. Weird... these are the types of changes you would expect during a localization effort. Pretty rare when the Japanese developers decide to scale back sexuality in their games.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty rare when the Japanese developers decide to scale back sexuality in their games.
In this case I'd argue that it's because it was just dumb-looking. Also, this was posted in r/megaten a while ago. I wish this was Kiria's battle appearance instead of the current ugly Miku ripoff she sports.

If 1 thing I want to complain about the change, it's the colour for her pants... why can't they use the same colour as before >.>

iosirIP.png

AFTER (Overview trailer)
GIPXYf1.png

slay a bit.
Oh no! the western censorship is starting to affect Japanese games :p

Still super hype for this game. Really hope we get it early next year or even Summer.

In this case I'd argue that it's because it was just dumb-looking. Also, this was posted in r/megaten a while ago. I wish this was Kiria's battle appearance instead of the current ugly Miku ripoff she sports.
I thought you could freely change the outfits of the characters in battle? Pretty sure I've been footage of Kiria in that outfit in previous trailers.

krizzx

I was so hoping this game would not get neutered for western audiences like Fatal Frame 5 and Xenoblade X, but it seems my hopes were, once again, in vain.

The entire reason I like Japanese games is because they "arent" what I'm constantly getting restricted to over here.

FluxWaveZ

I was so hoping this game would not get neutered for western audiences like Fatal Frame 5 and Xenoblade X, but it seems my hopes were, once again, in vain.

The entire reason I like Japanese games is because they "arent" what I'm constantly getting restricted to over here.

I can't tell if you're kidding or not.

Top Bottom