• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genei Ibunroku #FE New Character Trailers

Following last week's website update, two more charecter trailers have been released, for Eleonora: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB9HWy0N8PU and Kiria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqbI9BG0EWA

In addition there's a number of blog posts by various voice actors, if anyone cares enough to translate those: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/index.html

and some more Toi8 art:

CRbBI8TUsAAZ20X.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
I absolutely love the style of the official artwork of the game. I'm not feeling a lot of the designs, but Eleonora and Kiria are definitely exceptions.

cand

ugh game is so far away... i just wanna play it already..

Right? God I need this game !!!

wait was that callie and marie from splatoon?

The song playing on Eleonora's trailer is a version of the song from Splatfest. The clothes Eleonora and Tsubasa are wearing are also based on Calie and Marie designs. I think this is a fun touch since, from what I understood, Eleonora wants to be (or already is) a TV star.

marmoka

Banned
Honestly, everytime I see new trailers of this game, I really wish noone is looking at me while I watch them, I really feel ashamed of myself.

I love the SMT franchise, and this game looked so good in the E3 Treehouse, but so much Japanese pop music and all this idol stuff is making me sick.

This is not a game for me. At least we are getting Shin Megami Tensei IV Final hopefully next year localized into English.

Eleonora still best girl, best design etc.

Honestly, everytime I see new trailers of this game, I really wish noone is looking at me while I watch them, I really feel ashamed of myself.

I love the SMT franchise, and this game looked so good in the E3 Treehouse, but so much Japanese pop music and all this idol stuff is making me sick.

This is not a game for me. At least we are getting Shin Megami Tensei IV Final hopefully next year localized into English.

Sounds like Persona 4 is the game for you then
7mRlTCU.png

kiryogi

Banned
Right? God I need this game !!!

The song playing on Eleonora's trailer is a version of the song from Splatfest. The clothes Eleonora and Tsubasa are wearing are also based on Calie and Marie designs. I think this is a fun touch since, from what I understood, Eleonora wants to be (or already is) a TV star.

Uh no, it's just a general j-pop Idol song that sounds really similar because surprise Callie and Marie are idols too, hence similar style songs. Try listening to some j-pop yourself before assuming.

Eh.

Wait, what is the Japanese word for the pound, number, hash, whatever you want to call that thing? I never thought about it until trying to make out what they are saying in these trailers ;p

Lunar15

Everything looks really snazzy and sharp*. It's got that Atlus charm, that's for sure. I love the mirage designs.

*pun not intended.

Korigama

I really have no idea why there are still people who think it won't be.
Unless they live in Europe.

Looks fantastic. Really looking forward to seeing what sort of lenses they'll use to look at the different performing professions. Seems like it has a ton of potential. I have faith in Atlus to give it the needed depth and nuance to make the story something special.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Uh no, it's just a general j-pop Idol song that sounds really similar because surprise Callie and Marie are idols too, hence similar style songs. Try listening to some j-pop yourself before assuming.

Your comment was super aggressive lol

These character trailers are nice. I wonder if there's a fan somewhere translating them.

I wish this game was coming out this year.

L Thammy

I get the feeling that Callie and Marie and the Eleonora and Tsubasa number are both inspired by some actual J-pop phenomena that I don't know about, but I obviously can't prove it.

It's like how Space Quest had a character who seems like they're based off Zapp Brannigan, but it's just because they're both parodies of Captain Kirk. That's my guess.

These character trailers are nice. I wonder if there's a fan somewhere translating them.

I wish this game was coming out this year.

We never even got a translation of that Tiki song from the E3 trailer.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I get the feeling that Callie and Marie and the Eleonora and Tsubasa number are both inspired by some actual J-pop phenomena that I don't know about, but I obviously can't prove it.

It's like how Space Quest had a character who seems like they're based off Zapp Brannigan, but it's just because they're both parodies of Captain Kirk. That's my guess.

We never even got a translation of that Tiki song from the E3 trailer.

Maybe we can convince yakku

Verd254

Neo Member
I'm on media blackout for this game, and I'm not keen on how Nintendo handles games like this.

So with that being said, what are the odds this game has dual audio for the NA release?

Tripon

I have never played a Persona so far and I kinda want to keep that streak going (only because I'm at a point in my life where I can't play too many 100 hour RPGs, and Xenoblade Chronicles X is one of the last ones I'm willing do to at the moment), but I want to play this game so bad.

Canon

Banned
The name of this game needs to change, yesterday. How hard is it to call it Fire Emblem Tensei, or Shin Megami Fire Emblem, or Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels 2. Anything is better than what they have now.

Neoxon

The name of this game needs to change, yesterday. How hard is it to call it Fire Emblem Tensei, or Shin Megami Fire Emblem, or Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels 2. Anything is better than what they have now.
We'll probably get that name change for the game's western release.

sn00zer

Im not quite sure who this game is marketed towards. Look way too gaudy for Shin Megami, and waaaaayyyyy to gaudy for Fire Emblem.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's pretty sexy (both sexes) when the Japanese say it, especially the FE part, hnnnnnng

It's pretty sexy (both sexes) when the Japanese say it, especially the FE part, hnnnnnng

I'll be pretty disappointed if they drop that Sharp FE part for the English title.

Im not quite sure who this game is marketed towards. Look way too gaudy for Shin Megami, and waaaaayyyyy to gaudy for Fire Emblem.

People interested in a JRPG which is themed around the entertainment industry, which may have some overlap with some SMT and/or Fire Emblem fans, and maybe some who aren't into either franchise but whom this looks interesting to.

Top Bottom