• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genei Ibunroku #FE New Character Trailers

NeonZ

I haven't looked much into the story, but I had the impression that it's quite Persona-ish. They have "Performa"s, and in the vein of cliche anime storylines, I predict that it would be about the trials and tribulations of a popular idol learning to accept "her true self". So basically Persona Dancing storyline.

Well, so far, in spite of the obvious focus on idols (even the main battle system basically turns every battle into a presentation), they haven't revealed any "daily life management" system like in Persona 3/4.

Also, the mirages are extradimensional beings attacking the world, not reflections of their true selves. The art theme is apparently because they bond better with artists.

l_5624c17c04873.jpg

If the only references to SMT demons will be just these (Jack Frost store and Black Frost costume), I will be out.

I want to fight against them, and summon them if they become my allies.
There are other stores based on other demons. Aside from that, some of the enemy mirages are based on legendary creatures, rather than FE classes or characters. They don't use their demon designs though, but that's no different from how the FE mirages look little like themselves. Don't expect any of them to be allies since it seems like there's only one mirage per character since they're all part of the story too.

hayao_miyazaki.jpg

Miyazaki was right. Otaku ruin everything.

Alright I'm being dramatic for humorous effect, game actually looks fun.
But I'm seriously done with the Anime Idol schtick. Way overused and contrived.

kiryogi

Banned
hayao_miyazaki.jpg

I don't really get this at all . . How is it overused . . . ? Where else has it been really besides here or there. The only thing I see is that the west doesn't like it at all, doesn't matter how many times.

So in the results screen there is the main cast which is made up of the three members in battle and a subcast for the other three.

It looks like there is room for one more character in the subclass section. So seven max party members?

Really like the look of this games. All the colors and flamboyance are really enjoyable. On a technical level its a high resolution Vita game but as some one who enjoys edges from the cell shaded graphics of the PS2-Wii (Like No More Heroes) I like it a lot.

Jiraiza

hayao_miyazaki.jpg

The overarching theme is supposed to be based on the entertainment industry, so I don't see anything wrong with idols. Idols are a thing over there, you know. For your information, Touma's aiming to be an actor (in super hero action films or something to that effect), Eleonora wants to make it big in Hollywood, Mamori's a television star, and so forth. So it's not just idol pandering.

Probably.

Hylian7

I don't really get this at all . . How is it overused . . . ? Where else has it been really besides here or there. The only thing I see is that the west doesn't like it at all, doesn't matter how many times.

Referring to this game specifically, probably that fact that it was turned into this game about idols instead of what could (and should in my opinion) have been. It's overused when it starts getting into franchises that it really doesn't fit in the first place. Yes, I'm aware the developer can do whatever the hell they want with their franchises. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Nintendo ruined Samus's character with Other M for instance.

Other than this game, there's been the things about Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates having the more "otaku-aimed" character designs rather than what FE was in the past. It's something that irritated me in awakening, especially the redrawings of characters for the DLC, as many of them looked awful. Micaiah was one of the biggest offenders there. And of course I'm sure everyone has heard all about Nowi and the problems there. I acutally enjoyed awakening, but I think if I would have enjoyed it more if those things were not in the game.

I've been pretty outspoken about this before, so I'll try not to go too far into a derail here.

I noticed this in the FE World video:

eDFzwuC.png

It's a reference to the demon Ame no Uzume from Shin Megami Tensei:

Looking at the enemies, it doesn't look like we will see SMT demons as them. I do hope they at least don't go the Persona 3/4 route and start having enemies be palette swapped colors of weaker enemies though. Dungeons looked kind of cool though.

kiryogi

Banned
Referring to this game specifically, probably that fact that it was turned into this game about idols instead of what could (and should in my opinion) have been. It's overused when it starts getting into franchises that it really doesn't fit in the first place. Yes, I'm aware the developer can do whatever the hell they want with their franchises. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Nintendo ruined Samus's character with Other M for instance.

Other than this game, there's been the things about Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates having the more "otaku-aimed" character designs rather than what FE was in the past. It's something that irritated me in awakening, especially the redrawings of characters for the DLC, as many of them looked awful. Micaiah was one of the biggest offenders there. And of course I'm sure everyone has heard all about Nowi and the problems there. I acutally enjoyed awakening, but I think if I would have enjoyed it more if those things were not in the game.

I've been pretty outspoken about this before, so I'll try not to go too far into a derail here.

eDFzwuC.png

Looking at the enemies, it doesn't look like we will see SMT demons as them. I do hope they at least don't go the Persona 3/4 route and start having enemies be palette swapped colors of weaker enemies though. Dungeons looked kind of cool though.

And so I quote again, where else has it been used really in other franchises? (Before #FE that is)

Vecks

Dungeon and battle themes sound pretty standard fare. But I'm liking the overall look of the dungeons, reminds me of kingdom hearts at night with all the darkness and the glowing neon colors. Toma's theme song is all right. Mamori's standard attack animation is my favorite so far. I love how she swings that axe. Speaking of which, another thing I really like is how acrobatic everyone is in their combat animations.

Infinite

eDFzwuC.png

Otaku and anime has nothing to do with idols.

Top Bottom