• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley: Has Seen Nothing from Xbox to Make Him Believe It's Going to Alter Current Course

kretos

Banned
i think people keep forgetting MS has about 100 studios so they have actually done pretty good this yr. with Ori, Battletoads, Flight Sim, Gears Tactics, Bleeding edge(DOA)continued GAAS games like Halo MCC, SoT and Grounded(wayyyy too early for releasse). And they also have Wasteland 3, Outer worlds DLC, and hopefully Pyschonaughts 2 coming this year. Now, im only interested in a small handful of these titles, but no one can deny thats pretty good stuff.

i don't see any single player cinematic blockbusters

2smb3b.png

Do Microsoft have other shows/events planned this year? I know Halo is a big IP but surely they couldn’t of been putting everything on that for the launch period/first year?

What else is there? Ports of Gears Tactics and Flight Simulator ? Don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking those two at all, it just begs the question what the hell has been going on there even before March’s lockdown .

How that fella gets put on such a pedestal by so many is beyond me, never seen anything like it in gaming terms.

Major_Key

perm warning for starting troll/bait threads

Even if the SX is more powerful, the PS5 look like more revolutionary/next gen because it brings evolutions on all points.

-Dualsense
-UI / UX
-SSD
-Console design
-Game Design
-3D Audio

The PS5 looks like an innovative product created in the laboratories of Tesla or Steve Jobs' Apple.

The SX has a terrible name, which does not mark a break but also a design similar to a 1X. It's boring.

The XBOX OG and the 360 had a fucking soul. They were really consoles made for gamers, I pretty sure that 80-90% of Neogaf had a 360. Basically it was in the spirit of XBOX to come up with console designs that break the codes. Since 2010 and the Don Mattrick era they have made XBOX a console for kids / family

The SX is just 1X with more power.

Look like this ! It may be nothing for you, but for me it shows that this console is a product made by enthusiasts / gamers and not marketers.

You see XBOX should do like DC against Marvel. Be in their world and do special stuff that the competition can't afford to do.

For example Marvel will never release something as dark as Joker.

Sony does things perfectly with the PS5, a lot of XBOX fans are going to switch btw.

I still hope that XBOX will succeed in their quest for Netflix thought.

Woo-Fu

Banned
This forum is like Playstation fanboys masturbating to each other
And when the 360 was king in NA it was xbox fanboys masturbating to each other. It's not the platform, it's the audience reaction to the console war at a given point in time.

The good news for you is that Microsoft is getting out of the console business, apparently. You'll no longer have to argue about who has the best hardware.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally not liking the new direction Sony is going with PS5. Eventually developers like Atlus will start releasing their games other than Playstation and Nintendo and at that point, most of PlayStations exclusives will be mostly western games.

If that becomes the case then PS5 line up will become very boring to me, I like some Sony's western games but I need Sony's first party Japanese games, I miss them, its my biggest reason I got in to Playstation in the first place.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
This was MS' whole pitch for next-gen. That generations are over, so I don't think there's anything they can do at this point to change your mind.

Right - if you don't like it, just don't get a XSX and go with Sony instead. This is the plan that MS feels comfortable with, we will see if it works out for them and customers.

The big problem from my POV is that for this strategy to work you still need awesome games, and MS doesn't seem to have any. Even if Halo Infinite blowing up on the launchpad was sadly predictable, the lack of Forza for example is inexcusable. If they really think people are gong to drop $500 to play 360 games with HDR they are nuts.

Last edited:

Rockman33

You realize that Xbox has dedicated a lot to their audio right? They also have very fast and capable ssd solution. Their UI is also going to be much improved. They also have a ton of new studios to make games.(give them time) Going to be a great back catalogue machine as well.

I don’t understand this narrative that they aren’t doing anything right.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Reminds me of before the PS3 launched. Doesn’t take much to shift the generation.

As much as Sony fans want to lean on 1st party stuff even there best 1st party games have an extremely low attach rate. (100 million PS4 vs 4 million Tlou2 sales).

Price and Features will like always play a huge roll in next gen adoption.

Do you own an Xbox One?

As someone that leans more PlayStation and is definitely getting a PS5; there's no doubt Series X will have great exclusives eventually. Psychonauts 2 is one I don't want to miss out on. Maybe after a PC upgrade I'll pick it up there. Anyway, if you're happy with the Xbox ecosystem, like Game Pass, and your friends play there, I see no reason not to get a Series X.

jakinov

Microsoft needs to do is to make more exclusive deals like they did in the 360 and early Xbox One days. And think of new creative ways to bring value to the platform like they used to during the 360 days.

Microsoft isn’t going to suddenly be able to create a bunch of big successful games in a small amount of time. Before 2 years ago they had a new CEO who didn’t care about Xbox and wanted to sell it off. Now that’s not as much of a problem and they got money to be competitive again. Managing studios and ensuring they create commercially successful games is hard. Even Sony StudiIos publish duds , go in development hell or get shut down.

it’s great that Sony is innovating with the controller but we could remove six axis and touch pad and we wouldn’t be missing much.

the ps5 looks nothing like something that would come from Apple other than the fact that it’s white. The PS5 looks like something that would come from Alienware or a fan mockup of what the ps5 would look likE.

Arachnid

Yeah, I'm not a fan either. Just innovate on new IPs/exclusives like PS5. That's all anyone wants from you. The competition is only getting more and more lopsided, and that is bad for all console fans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom